All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Good work out. More concerned about the absolute state of the pitch than anything else.

This is an easy answer and a disgrace from our board. Imagine not telling the groundsman you will be having two friendlies at home and the groundsman is behind seeding the pitch. No surprising 

2 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

This is an easy answer and a disgrace from our board. Imagine not telling the groundsman you will be having two friendlies at home and the groundsman is behind seeding the pitch. No surprising 

Unacceptable to have anyone wanking on the pitch regardless IMO. 

Thank you. 

19 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Never mind reseeding, the entire pitch got dug up at the end of last season and new turf put down. I’d imagine the owners won’t be too chuffed if it’s a mess. 

4 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Never mind reseeding, the entire pitch got dug up at the end of last season and new turf put down. I’d imagine the owners won’t be too chuffed if it’s a mess. 

Absolutely not. Whoever authorised the friendlies will / should be first in line 

Absolutely not. Whoever authorised the friendlies will / should be first in line 
Surely it wouldn't have been an issue to just play it on a 3g behind closed doors if it was that bad, not like we'll be making noticeable money off the games.

Just now, harry94 said:
2 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Surely it wouldn't have been an issue to just play it on a 3g behind closed doors if it was that bad, not like we'll be making noticeable money off the games.

Ud think so. Maybe board don't feel pitch was that bad 🤔 no clue but easy option is always to play game behind closed doors on the 3g pitch. More time for pitch to be ready for first game of season 

I'm sure the countless thousands of West Ham fans paying a fiver a head today will buy you some decent grass seed.

8 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
2 hours ago, harry94 said:

I'm sure the countless thousands of West Ham fans paying a fiver a head today will buy you some decent grass seed.

the amusing thing was they were all greeting about having to pay a fiver🤣anyway on to the game decent run out against a team who only played to about 60%...dinna get boys on here having a go at sweeney he'll have never faced boys with the pace and movement the west ham boys showed today lets see how he gets on v the st mirrens,motherwells etc before writing him off.

6 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thought the defence did ok, was one way traffic at some points.

millions of pounds better than us  miles faster and miles bigger than us...we'll not come up against that again this season....whenever we had the ball there seemed to be 2 players right on our man whenever they had the ball the movement and space they found was unreal...it was a good run out and i dinna think any player should be singled out for critisism(sp) after that today.

It wasn’t turf, it was seeded less than a month ago. Games have come too early for it but it will recover.

21 minutes ago, kent dee said:

It wasn’t turf, it was seeded less than a month ago. Games have come too early for it but it will recover.

I just presumed with this picture it would turf that went down🤦🏻‍♂️😂 that’s some turn around to get all that lifted, reseeded and ready again. 

DD342E10-7D65-4D87-B244-D12556747264.png

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Apparently Exeter City have tabled an offer for our trialist goalie yesterday. I wouldn't be shocked if that was that for him, but we'll see I suppose.

Did he play yesterday? My watching of the game was fleeting.