All things Dundee FC

Wonder if Hibs would consider him, given Irvine is gone. Considering they're looking at Odoffin, I wouldn't say Dorrans is unfeasible. A team like Livi or Well is probably more likely though.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

2 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

During his spell with us I thought Dorrans looked nothing more than a bog-standard Championship level player. Honestly can't see much interest in him from Premiership clubs, and especially not the likes of Hibs.

Depends on how much clubs were paying attention when he was here I suppose. His reputation is still there, with pundits and what have you suggesting he could've played higher, and coming back from being a consistently high perfomer in the A-League might turn some heads, as their fans seem pretty upset they're losing him.

I thought from what I saw of him his inherent ability was obvious. His technique gives away the fact that he was once a much more capable player than he is now, but in terms of his impact on the game it's not like he was scruffing matches and running the show like Adam has from time to time. Like you say though, it's likely that he might end up being signed somewhere more on reputation that actual current ability. I honestly don't think we missed him at all when he left, although I do think like everyone else in that midfield he was a victim of McPake being unable to find a side that worked due to the lack of a box-to-box player. I thought it was quite telling that we only really clicked once Callachan appeared on loan, despite him not really being much of a stand-out himself. It was about the type of player we were lacking, not outright quality.

2 hours ago, Yenitit said:

I’ll go Motherwell. 

Good player but not what we need to be honest. I’d pass up the offer. 

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Wonder if Hibs would consider him, given Irvine is gone. Considering they're looking at Odoffin, I wouldn't say Dorrans is unfeasible. A team like Livi or Well is probably more likely though.

I wondered about him for us when I saw @Ludo*1's post earlier.

Our situation is kind of the opposite to what @Boo Khaki is saying above about your improvement when Callachan came in. We've not replaced Polworth as yet and our midfield is pretty much just full of grafters. Mark O'Hara being a case in point.

Age doesn't seem to be as much of a consideration for Alexander as it was for Robinson and from the look of things we probably have another 5 or so players to bring in.

I'm not 100% sold on the idea but it wouldn't be a massive surprise if we had a look at him.

Edited by capt_oats

Our 'B' team drew Peterhead in the Challenge Cup, so I wonder what'll happen with our 3 loan players in that one.

6 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

I presume Greg is just waiting until after the Euros to sign his homecoming contract???

My dashed hopes aside, I can see Greg crossing the pond and cashing out in the States or something, or at least that's what I had heard rumoured.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

So based on the 'rumours' here's my rundown list:

Keiran Westwood - Yes.

Phil Jagielka - Yes.

Nadir Ciftci - No.

Cillian Sheridan - No - but inoffensive.

Aron Gunnarsson - Yes.

Graham Dorrans - Yes (But only just).

Greg Stewart - Sign now.

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

He'll sign for Livi, IMO. 

Really can't see us being interested in him. He's not better than what we have and we're a team that relies on players doing a lot of running and having good legs in them. Only way I can see him joining us is as a coach

42 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

So based on the 'rumours' here's my rundown list:

Keiran Westwood - Yes.

Phil Jagielka - Yes.

Nadir Ciftci - No.

Cillian Sheridan - No - but inoffensive.

Aron Gunnarsson - Yes.

Graham Dorrans - Yes (But only just).

Greg Stewart - Sign now.