Mr Gandosaur

All things Dundee FC

Just saw this on Jambos Kickback, what a laugh. f**k knows what's wrong with these weirdos like.

image.png.6b6371ac207da497e0a8d14bea95b93d.png

50 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Toshney at my local junior team .

Where was he even at last ? 

Inverness. 

Downfield are restructuring quite a bit. The folk that run them, treasurers etc are all early to mid 30's.

Best of luck to them. 

What happened to Paul Marr at Downfield?

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Inverness. 

Downfield are restructuring quite a bit. The folk that run them, treasurers etc are all early to mid 30's.

Best of luck to them. 

Local lads ? I know a fair few guys my age who I went to college with and coached beside managed Forfar West End and another is involved in women's football and another is high up with Dundee West ( I help out there yay ) 

Just now, Robin.Hood said:

Local lads ?

They're local, aye. Think they all played for Kirkton. Not sure any were ever involved with or played junior and then a bit out the blue they now run Downfield. 

1 hour ago, Robin.Hood said:

IMG-20210421-WA0007.jpg

Why did the manager Paul Marr and assistant manager Barry Britton leave?  

7 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

They're local, aye. Think they all played for Kirkton. Not sure any were ever involved with or played junior and then a bit out the blue they now run Downfield. 

They must be ages with me. Guessing I know them. Will dig a bit more. Hopefully going in right direction.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

No clue. I know very little about junior football. Could probably find out however.

1 hour ago, Robin.Hood said:

IMG-20210421-WA0007.jpg

Mine too. He'll be the man to take the Spiders to the Highland League, mark my words.

35 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Player manager?

Just manager, he's retired today. Was surprised to see that news myself.

Takeover by Kirkton amateurs, team's been good the last couple of years so I'm hoping they continue that momentum with these positive changes once they're in the pyramid next season.

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

What happened to Paul Marr at Downfield?

5 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I take it they left when Peter and Jimmy sold up. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

I take it they left when Peter and Jimmy sold up. 

Cheers Mr Alli.  I didn’t know they had sold up.  It’s not cheap running a junior team so I hope the new owners know what they are getting themselves into.

Tommy Wright demonstrating what a decent manager can do with a misfiring squad. Tearing United a new arsehole.

On 20/02/2021 at 18:29, MS RR said:

You might need to back them in league 1 next season

Keegan-Michael Key Lol GIF by HULU

On 20/02/2021 at 18:34, MS RR said:

Probably, but we might not be in league 1 next season. 

Animated GIF

You're not fucking leaving. 

On 20/02/2021 at 18:41, MS RR said:

Haha I'm not too sure about that wee man. I'd be embarrassed if Falkirk lost at home to QoS, half their team that played today were released by us because they weren't good enough.  

Lost to Cove at the weekend. 

COVE. 

14 hours ago, Eednud said:

That game was a first and last for me. The first time I’d seen them in the flesh since defeating Falkirk 4-0 in September 1980 and the last time I’ve seen them since. I also sat shivering, not because of a comedown but due to travelling light and forgetting it could still be fucking baltic in March.

ETA: I remember the Charnley incident but had forgotten all about Jim Duffy being sent off.

The team felt Winters had feigned injury to get Chic sent off (he'd already been red-carded that season for allegedly lamping him one) so he was quite blatantly targeted at every opportunity. Duffy absolutely cleaned him out on the touchline then got sent off for a second bookable iirc. Dariusz probably should have got a straight red for almost cutting him in half almost immediately after Charnley's red. I don't think he even got booked for it. 

Ironically the one time Chic did actually properly plant one on Winters in a derby, he got away with it, whilst Winters had a fucked jaw and lost three teeth. Glorious.

12 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

The team felt Winters had feigned injury to get Chic sent off (he'd already been red-carded that season for allegedly lamping him one) so he was quite blatantly targeted at every opportunity. Duffy absolutely cleaned him out on the touchline then got sent off for a second bookable iirc. Dariusz probably should have got a straight red for almost cutting him in half almost immediately after Charnley's red. I don't think he even got booked for it. 

Ironically the one time Chic did actually properly plant one on Winters in a derby, he got away with it, whilst Winters had a fucked jaw and lost three teeth. Glorious.

Was that around 1996?

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

Was that around 1996?

The 2-0 was in March 96. It was November 96 when Charnley flattened him and completely got away with it

According to google Winters was subbed off 20 mins before Duffy was sent off in the March game so your memory may be slightly out. 

There is a link and highlights of the game here if you are interested.
https://www.arabarchive.co.uk/matchdetails.php?id=1521

Was finding that quite interesting until I realised I’d been lulled into entering the ‘arab archive’. Feeling violated and unclean now.