All things Dundee FC

4 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Would love to see the club go baws oot for someone like Barrie McKay. A player who would take the ball under pressure and drive at defences through the middle of the park. 

Watching more Stoke City than my beloved Dundee FC on actual TV over the last few seasons, mainly due to Mrs TCM and TV companies clearly not knowing their arse from their elbow, I have to say @Mr. Alli is absolutely on the money.

Barrie McKay, when in direct opposition to Stoke City for Nottingham Forest or Swansea has always shone bright, so much so I would always pontificate that Stoke's current (ex DAB I may add) manager should sign him. Astonished when he ended up at Fleetwood Town on loan.

Serious intentions indeed if we were to sign a player of that calibre in the midst of his career.

C'mon Mr Nelms, please recruit Ash Taylor for central defence, then perm any two from Andrew Shinnie, Greg Stewart, Barrie McKay or indeed Scott Allan. The last three you could even deploy up-front if required for goodness sake!

Regards

Ash Taylor has apparently been offered the captain's armband amongst various other financial sweeteners to join County. I'd like us to offer him something but certainly wouldn't be trying to get into a financial square go with Ross County over him.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Ash Taylor has apparently been offered the captain's armband amongst various other financial sweeteners to join County. I'd like us to offer him something but certainly wouldn't be trying to get into a financial square go with Ross County over him.

In fairness, if it were that good he'd already be signed for the Staggies. However even a financial stare-off with Ross County would end up with Mr Ash Taylor searching TSPC for properties in Broughty Ferry, Monifieth, Carnoustie or the Carse of Gowrie, imho.

Regarding the captaincy, he'll obey Sir Charles of Adam like every other subject at Dens Park, again imho.

Regards 

6 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

In fairness, if it were that good he'd already be signed for the Staggies. However even a financial stare-off with Ross County would end up with Mr Ash Taylor searching TSPC for properties in Broughty Ferry, Monifieth, Carnoustie or the Carse of Gowrie, imho.

Regarding the captaincy, he'll obey Sir Charles of Adam like every other subject at Dens Park, again imho.

Regards 

I dunno. Roy MacGregor throws money about like the best of them.

Motherwell are apparently involved as well but I reckon he'll end up at County with a house bought for him, a brand new car and a promise of a job after his career is done as well if that's to his fancy.

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Motherwell are apparently involved as well but I reckon he'll end up at County with a house bought for him, a brand new car and a promise of a job after his career is done as well if that's to his fancy.

Motherwell FC we can safely discount from the equation, for the usual and obvious reasons.

Roy MacGregor however is no fool when it comes to finances, I'd be very surprised and astounded at the above highlighted offers, unless Mr Taylor was to be marrying into Mr Chairman's family within the next few months.

There again.................

26 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Would much prefer Ryan McGowan returning tbh given his contract is up, but he'll be off to the UAE again or something.

Thought he was fucking rotten tbf.

44 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Would much prefer Ryan McGowan returning tbh given his contract is up, but he'll be off to the UAE again or something.

I’m the same and would double up covering right back and centrehalf. 

8 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Genuinely curious, what would those be?

No offence intended or otherwise my friend.

However, having worked on a few contracts in Motherwell over the years and comparing it to my own local area's, I'm probably blinkered from my own working experience and therefore where I chose to live in Tayside.

Taking into account I've also worked all the housing scheme's in Dundee, my views are not clouded from this end, imho.

Regards and without prejudice.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's already got a property management side hustle down south: Wirral/Liverpool/Cheshire area.

Granted he could oversee that remotely but without wanting to judge books by covers I'm not sure his missus is someone who'd be that up for Highland living.

I'd have thought a move back south would have been more likely tbh.

Phil Jagielka played 10 games in the English Premier League last season. Madness that anyone would discount him in favour of Ryan McGowan just because of his age. The experience he would bring to a relatively young team and certainly a defence that has shown in the past needs a commanding figure for a season would be massive even if the legs are gone.