All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

According to TDB we beat Hamilton 5-0 in a bounce game today, goals from Ashcroft, McCowan (2), Jakubiak and McDaid.

Edit: George Cran too

Just turn Dens into an artificial pitch at this point.

Good result against the minnows. 

On 02/07/2021 at 12:56, Yenitit said:

I fully expect Jakubiak to be one of these guys who leave after hardly playing for us  due to injury. Hope I’m wrong. What type of player is he 🤷🏼‍♂️  Not holding out much hope tbh. 

We need another striker in. An actual goalscorer would be pretty cool. Nae idea who, however Cummings/ Mullen I don't think are our answer to this. 

Jakubiak still no clue if he will be good or not. 

Given the choice of Sheridan or Ciftci - if it came down to purely ability and what I think they could do for us, it'd be Ciftci every day of the week.

For added harmony, good personality to add to the squad and add something then it sways in Sheridan's favour.

I'd like to think we could do better than either of them though tbh.

Edited by Ludo*1

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Given the choice of Sheridan or Ciftci - if it came down to purely ability and what I think they could do for us, it'd be Ciftci every day of the week.

For added harmony, good personality to add to the squad and add something then it sways in Ciftci's favour.

I'd like to think we could do better than either of them though tbh.

I don't want either of them tbh.

Neither of them are proven goal scorers.

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I don't want either of them tbh.

Neither of them are proven goal scorers.

I think we are assuming (McPake, not us) that Cummings will be the regular goal getter.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think we are assuming (McPake, not us) that Cummings will be the regular goal getter.

I don't think he will be though, he is of course a threat, but his hold up and link up play is what he does best.

Some of the current free agents are so much better than the current 2 possibilities.

Edited by johnnydun

I think people are being a bit harsh on Sheridan, go and have a look on YouTube  at the type of finishes he has. If we are to play with 2 wingers in McMullan and McCowan next season he could be the perfect foil for them and us up front. I always wanted us to go in for him when I saw him playing early in his career for St Johnstone and Kilmarnock. His name has cropped up regularly enough since moving abroad to know he’s carved out a really good career for himself. 

He looks good in the air and with good technical ability as well but as always with someone in their early 30s it’s down to whether he’s still got the legs to get around the park or not, if he does he’ll do well for us and would be a huge improvement  on Sow who he’s replacing. 

Edited by Yenitit

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I don't think he will be though, he is of course a threat, but his hold up and link up play is what he does best.

Some of the current free agents are so much better than the current 2 possibilities.

Who have your read are available? It’s  not something I’ve looked into. 

Just now, Yenitit said:

Who have your read are available? It’s  not something I’ve looked into. 

Just a quick look on Transfer Market, although there are some fairly obvious ones we couldn't afford the wages of, here are some out of club potentials...

Jerome Sinclair

Connor Wickham

Kazakh Sterling 

Just now, johnnydun said:

Just a quick look on Transfer Market, although there are some fairly obvious ones we couldn't afford the wages of, here are some out of club potentials...

Jerome Sinclair

Connor Wickham

Kazakh Sterling 

Are you serious with those?

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are you serious with those?

I'm just highlighting what's out there unattached. Sheridan and Shift Key just fail to inspire.

I haven't delved much into it because it's pointless.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

I'm just highlighting what's out there unattached. Sheridan and Shift Key just fail to inspire.

I haven't delved much into it because it's pointless.

The first two would be on, at least, £20k a week last season, while the 3rd couldn't get a game for Morton.

Wild.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Would love to see the club go baws oot for someone like Barrie McKay. A player who would take the ball under pressure and drive at defences through the middle of the park. 

A year in Scotland would do him good to get him back on the market at his age(26) he failed to inspire in his last 2 moves