All things Dundee FC

14 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Big Rab or Speroni for me. Julian was supposedly looking to get into coaching after he retired from playing...

Screenshot_20210701-170523~2.png

If he signed, we should just put him straight in as number 1.

Sorry Legzdins.

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The rumour is that this paves the way for Keiran Westwood as player-goalkeeper coach.

There's also a bit of a salacious rumour on Twitter that this wasn't fully Geddes choice to leave. That's counterbalanced with the rumour that he's wanted to retire for a while though.

Rumours, what they like, eh?

Spotted those as well, also saw someone trying to say there had been a training ground 'bust up' too...

All just twitter talk though so nothing ITK

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

If he signed, we should just put him straight in as number 1.

Sorry Legzdins.

Hahaha, I'd definitely be getting him registered to play anyway, he'd be a quality backup keeper and would definitely put pressure in Legzdins to perform

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Defo time for Big Rab to come home. A lot of it will have to do with what sort of relationship Nelms has with Peter Marr. That’s the only reason I can think why Rab hasn’t already had a role at the club. 

I'd reckon they have a fairly good relationship considering the biggest name at the club is being part funded by him. 

18 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'd reckon they have a fairly good relationship considering the biggest name at the club is being part funded by him. 

Was there not a bit of a falling out with the club because of mad Mr Brown? Can’t remember whether the American’s had taken over by then. 

5 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Was there not a bit of a falling out with the club because of mad Mr Brown? Can’t remember whether the American’s had taken over by then. 

Colvin was in charge when Bomber was appointed (Scot Gardiner was pulling the strings mind you). The Americans took over just after we were relegated so missed the Rab incident.

In any case, they/Colvin later punted Gardiner soon after, after he fucked up the sponsor.

Edited by Ludo*1

Really do wish Rab all the very best for the future, he’s probably been at the club longer than most over the history of the club but there’s been something badly wrong with the goalkeeping at Dens since Bain’s 2nd season at the club where the goalkeeper’s stopped coming off their line, was it down to coaching methods or manager’s decisions 🤷🏼‍♂️ That and how shockingly bad our 1st choice keeper was over the last 3 years up until Legzdins. 

Edited by Yenitit

2 hours ago, locheedee said:

Spotted those as well, also saw someone trying to say there had been a training ground 'bust up' too...

All just twitter talk though so nothing ITK

😆

More chance of Gowser shaving his head than a 'bust up' with that squad.

58 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Really do wish Rab all the very best for the future, he’s probably been at the club longer than most over history of the club but there’s been something badly wrong with the goalkeeping at Dens since Bain’s 2nd season at the club where the goalkeeper’s stopped coming off their line, was it done to coaching methods or manager’s decisions 🤷🏼‍♂️ That and how shockingly bad our 1st choice keeper was over the last 3 years up until Legzdins. 

Yes agreed, he’s been a fine Dundee man. He’s even a Deefiant player pulling on his goalie gloves at nearly 50 against Raith. He must have been the oldest player ever to play for the first team. 

I wish him all the best.  

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Really do wish Rab all the very best for the future, he’s probably been at the club longer than most over history of the club but there’s been something badly wrong with the goalkeeping at Dens since Bain’s 2nd season at the club where the goalkeeper’s stopped coming off their line, was it done to coaching methods or manager’s decisions 🤷🏼‍♂️ That and how shockingly bad our 1st choice keeper was over the last 3 years up until Legzdins. 

Legzdins was a canny signing. 

Was anyone else in for him when Jazza rang him? 

For those old enough to remember, was Bobby Geddes referred to as Rab Geddes when he played with us or still Bobby? I know most call him Rab, but wondered if that had anything to do with Robert Douglas also being known as Rab?

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

For those old enough to remember, was Bobby Geddes referred to as Rab Geddes when he played with us or still Bobby? I know most call him Rab, but wondered if that had anything to do with Robert Douglas also being known as Rab?

Was always Bobby Geddes.

Hazard's just a step up from Hamilton, but he's also quite shite. Fine for the Championship, but not a serious challenger for Legzdins (or if he is - it's because Legzdins isn't as good as his spell in the team showed last season.)

Very meh. Particularly with it being yet another loan deal for a priority position.

32 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Was always Bobby Geddes.

Correct Biggie and I agree whilst being a more than competent keeper throughout his career, he was no Ally Donaldson or Thomson Allan whom he had the more than difficult, if not impossible task of replacing.

Very disappointed to read on the Dundee website tonight that Bobby signed for us in 1979. He certainly made his first team debut that year, however he actually signed for the Dark Blues in 1977 from Ross County, whom at the time were very much a Highland League club.

When Robert initially signed he was only 17 years of age and whilst being of that era and moving away from home probably displayed the maturity of a modern day 24 year old.

I can only comment on having watched Robert play for the club and have no idea how good or otherwise a goalkeeping coach he was or is, however we have had a succession of goalkeeping dough-balls over the years which in fairness Robert Geddes certainly did not recommend or indeed sign for the club.

Good luck to him if this is indeed his retirement, a Dark Blue worthy of our respect, imho.

Merely my opinion. 

145737970004032016HoFdy09909.jpg.5d0137258c1fae8f6e81b5bbf2a8389f.jpg