Let's face it, super league ideas have been around for a few years now.  This time we have major clubs saying they would sign up to it. If they do have 60,000 turning up, as mentioned in this thread, plus a TV contract that runs to probably a £1 billion+ it will happen. Maybe not August but eventually.

We are at the NFL stage of football in Europe. It will be an invitational league with franchise clubs all invested in the Super League.

I dont feel angry over it. Business is business and with football at the top end dealing in billions these days it will happen at some point. I stopped watching CL a while back as the seedings make it a mini super league anyway, with certain clubs dominating season after season.

I presume the Bigot Brothers will be desperately trying to catch the eye of the new Super League, in the hope of being invited to join. It would be hilarious if they decided that only 1 could join (or, even better, that they needed to merge to join)...

The sooner they bugger off, the better.

1 hour ago, Spikethedee said:

I presume the Bigot Brothers will be desperately trying to catch the eye of the new Super League, in the hope of being invited to join. It would be hilarious if they decided that only 1 could join (or, even better, that they needed to merge to join)...

The sooner they bugger off, the better.

If it's only 20 teams I cannot see any way either of the OF would be invited.  Down the road, if it's extended to maybe 3 or 4 divisions perhaps.  

It's a threat for better terms and a threat that will come back time and time again.

The money makers want more. This is true of both sides of the argument.

Only thing I'm enjoying is the premier league's short sightedness and lack of self awareness, by literally bemoaning the very things they did to split from the Football League just 2 decades ago.

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

If it's only 20 teams I cannot see any way either of the OF would be invited.  Down the road, if it's extended to maybe 3 or 4 divisions perhaps.  

I agree with that, but I imagine they will make it known that they have no qualms whatsoever in leaving behind their domestic league (that's the only thing that's been holding them back all these years, of course), unlike some of the other clubs mentioned...

5 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

I agree with that, but I imagine they will make it known that they have no qualms whatsoever in leaving behind their domestic league (that's the only thing that's been holding them back all these years, of course), unlike some of the other clubs mentioned...

I'm intrigued to see how this all plays out - playing in the domestic league with no European football qualification at stake for the breakaway elite - a lot of dead rubbers ahead. 

It also said they were looking at another 3 "founder" clubs, and then 5 to be invited to join/be relegated.

I presume they are hoping for PSG & Bayern as 2 of the other 3, but not sure about the third - Porto? Dortmund? Napoli? Roma? Ajax? (obviously, we've said privately that we're not interested, so they are having to look elsewhere...)

It also said they were looking at another 3 "founder" clubs, and then 5 to be invited to join/be relegated.
I presume they are hoping for PSG & Bayern as 2 of the other 3, but not sure about the third - Porto? Dortmund? Napoli? Roma? Ajax? (obviously, we've said privately that we're not interested, so they are having to look elsewhere...)
Nelms was asked to vote on it, not sure if it's in yet.

Jamie Ness opening up about his mental struggles and how he is feeling better after taking time away from the game. Glad to see he's in a better place, I can imagine how frustrating things would've been with those injury issues.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-rangers-star-jamie-ness-23932452

Jamie Ness opening up about his mental struggles and how he is feeling better after taking time away from the game. Glad to see he's in a better place, I can imagine how frustrating things would've been with those injury issues.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-rangers-star-jamie-ness-23932452

Agreed. I liked Jamie Ness.

The German clubs have issued a unanimous ‘nien’ I think? Maybe Red Bull Leipzig?

These guys never learn, there will never be enough money. They’ll spunk the whole lot and more on players and agents and be in the same position as they are now.

They should be expelled from their respective leagues.

This notion of ‘elite’. 20 years ago Man City were in the 3rd tier of English football, 12 years ago they were still also rans, now nobody else is allowed to join the ‘elite’ group.

10 hours ago, Fifespud said:

The German clubs have issued a unanimous ‘nien’ I think? Maybe Red Bull Leipzig?

These guys never learn, there will never be enough money. They’ll spunk the whole lot and more on players and agents and be in the same position as they are now.

They should be expelled from their respective leagues.

This notion of ‘elite’. 20 years ago Man City were in the 3rd tier of English football, 12 years ago they were still also rans, now nobody else is allowed to join the ‘elite’ group.

Spurs are a far more glaring example 

Spurs will be playing the major stadium card with a new build that cost around $1 billion U.S. and has the facility to change the field to suit the sport with a sunken artificial pitch below the top one (NFL London games can be played there with no need to rework a pitch). At the time of being built only Man U had a stadium with bigger capacity.

It's all about money but we all know that.

Porto have said they rejected advances for the new league. Dortmund also told them to GTF.

Will probably end up being Malmo, Skonto Riga & Fram Reykjavik as the final three founding clubs...

Max Anderson & McGowan are fit to play tonight. Marshall will miss tonight and probably Saturday but should be back for QotS.

James McPake is asked in his pre-match interview, 'Obviously I doubt Dundee will get an invite but what do you make of the proposed Super League?'

McPake goes on a 6-7 minute tangent telling the interviewer how we're a massive club and makes no mention of the Super League. :lol:

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

James McPake is asked in his pre-match interview, 'Obviously I doubt Dundee will get an invite but what do you make of the proposed Super League?'

McPake goes on a 6-7 minute tangent telling the interviewer how we're a massive club and makes no mention of the Super League. :lol:

The boy done good

43 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Was completely baffled why the reporter even asked that. It's not super unusual for him to be asked questions not pertaining to Dundee, but fair play to McPake for making sure the reporter knew how pointless his question was.