All things Dundee FC

This low turnover of players makes for a boring summer but it’s years since we had this stability, I’ve managed to convince myself it’s what we need.
I’m thinking young Sam Fisher will go on loan. In his position I think it’s essential he does.
Also I wonder about Cummings future. Can only see us playing mainly with one striker and it won’t be him.
Another CH needed IMO too.

Finally who is going to the Leyton Orient game? I’ve got my brief, fair excited.

Guest Wieghortsnut
15 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

This low turnover of players makes for a boring summer but it’s years since we had this stability, I’ve managed to convince myself it’s what we need.
I’m thinking young Sam Fisher will go on loan. In his position I think it’s essential he does.
Also I wonder about Cummings future. Can only see us playing mainly with one striker and it won’t be him.
Another CH needed IMO too.

Finally who is going to the Leyton Orient game? I’ve got my brief, fair excited.

I think Cummings will go, just a feeling. If the Ciftci rumour is true and he signs i think that'll be when he leaves

5 minutes ago, Wieghortsnut said:

I think Cummings will go, just a feeling. If the Ciftci rumour is true and he signs i think that'll be when he leaves

Why do you think that out of interest?

Seen a lot of people say that and just no idea where it's came from.

If we signed Ciftci and let Cummings go, then we'd still be in need of another striker.

People seem to think that Cummings a) wants to be somewhere other than near his hometown and b) is bigger than the club based on his reputation, despite the fact that (and this isn't bashing him, might be my fave Dundee player currently alongside Charlie) he's not even proven in the league we're in, and he's publicly stated his happiness at being near his home.

If we were still in the 2nd tier it might've made sense, but now we're in the Prem it really wouldn't imo. Cumdog's here for 2021/22.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Guest Wieghortsnut
10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Why do you think that out of interest?

Seen a lot of people say that and just no idea where it's came from.

If we signed Ciftci and let Cummings go, then we'd still be in need of another striker.

Don't know, just got a feeling he will leave. Can't see him in a dundee shirt at all this season

12 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

People seem to think that Cummings a) wants to be somewhere other than near his hometown and b) is bigger than the club based on his reputation, despite the fact that (and this isn't bashing him, might be my fave Dundee player currently alongside Charlie) he's not even proven in the league we're in, and he's publicly stated his happiness at being near his home.

If we were still in the 2nd tier it might've made sense, but now we're in the Prem it really wouldn't imo. Cumdog's here for 2021/22.

I know he hasn't been here very long but if Mullen is more trusted than him to hold the ball up and lead the line in those play-off games, he's not a guaranteed starter for us in a harder league.

You'd imagine he'll be on too good money for the club to be overjoyed with the return if he's not a regular starter and you'd think he himself would be pretty unhappy at that and forcing a move. There was a truth in his comical drunken speech, he was signed to be a big player for us from day one.

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

I know he hasn't been here very long but if Mullen is more trusted than him to hold the ball up and lead the line in those play-off games, he's not a guaranteed starter for us in a harder league.

You'd imagine he'll be on too good money for the club to be overjoyed with the return if he's not a regular starter and you'd think he himself would be pretty unhappy at that and forcing a move. There was a truth in his comical drunken speech, he was signed to be a big player for us from day one.

I can see him staying at us for another season at least to prove himself. 

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

I thought it was a case of Mullen being a better fit up against Kilmarnock. I personally still view Cummings as our no. 1 striker, will depend on if McPake thinks the same I suppose, but I think he does.

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I thought it was a case of Mullen being a better fit up against Kilmarnock. I personally still view Cummings as our no. 1 striker, will depend on if McPake thinks the same I suppose, but I think he does.

I'd be very shocked if Cummings left. Think some are worrying over nothing.

5 hours ago, Girth said:

James Vincent has just signed for Hereford. 

Fail Oh No GIF by The Great British Bake Off

I'll never get over his performance the season Inverness went down. I've never witnessed a player actively try to help the opposition win like he did. He should have been done for match fixing. There's pish, there's absolute pish and there's trying to play through balls for the Caley striker to run onto.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'll never get over his performance the season Inverness went down. I've never witnessed a player actively try to help the opposition win like he did. He should have been done for match fixing. There's pish, there's absolute pish and there's trying to play through balls for the Caley striker to run onto.

He’s awful…

But surely sufficient at CN!?

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/bobby-geddes-leaves-the-club/?fbclid=IwAR20zwjKjeOKeJlostxwXN9N9Aw0VTNkcgYr9SB_3SMgJHwzuoWa8dYt6Bg

Good luck in the future and all that, but I’m happy about this GK has been a problem position we’ve had for an age and I can’t think of 1 keeper we’ve had since Derek Souter or Jamie langfield that’s came through our books and had a half decent career

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

271 Rab Douglas Dundee Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

Time to come home...

He pulled off an absolutely outrageous save during an Abroath training session a few nights ago. Walk past them when I'm walking my dog.

Genuinely one of the best saves I've seen in the flesh.

The rumour is that this paves the way for Keiran Westwood as player-goalkeeper coach.

There's also a bit of a salacious rumour on Twitter that this wasn't fully Geddes choice to leave. That's counterbalanced with the rumour that he's wanted to retire for a while though.

Rumours, what they like, eh?