All things Dundee FC

28 minutes ago, Ylf said:

would love sparky back at dens. know it’s unrealistic but i can dream. chances of getting him?

Depends on what he wants. Hibs would jump at the chance of him again but his 3,000 kids are here. There was talk of Aberdeen - I'm not too sure he's keen on shagging seagulls though. 

It’s great to be looking forward to some signings with increased finances to attract a better standard of player. 

Looking to next season I’d be looking to keep the starting 11 from Monday plus Cummings, Jakubiak and all the young players. That’s a good base to build on with the rest moving on. I’d then be hoping for a new keeper to fight it out with Legzdins, a right back, a left back, 2 centrehalfs (1 being Walcott from Tottenham again), a left winger with real pace like McMullan (Jordan Jones/Michael O’Hallaran) and a new centre forward to start week in week out. 

I’d be looking to get Fisher, Cameron, Mulligan etc out on loan to clubs where they’ll get plenty of game time. I’d maybe consider giving Ferrie another year but immediately getting him out on loan as well unless Harrison Sharp is the real deal. 

Here's a "fun fact" for you. With the number of managers either jumping or being pushed this season, when Dundee are officially ensconced in the Premierhip, McPake will be the 2nd longest serving manager in the division - behind Gerrard and literally 4 days longer than Jim Goodwin who is currently 2nd.

I'll let you decide if that fact is fun or not.

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Next season, McPake will be the top flight's second longest serving manager behind only Steven Gerrard at Rangers.

He's also still the youngest manager in Scottish football right now (if we don't include Brechin).

Madness.

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

Here's a "fun fact" for you. With the number of managers either jumping or being pushed this season, when Dundee are officially ensconced in the Premierhip, McPake will be the 2nd longest serving manager in the division - behind Gerrard and literally 4 days longer than Jim Goodwin who is currently 2nd.

Just shut yer pus m8.

13 minutes ago, Ric said:

@RandomGuy. alias IMO 

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

It’s great to be looking forward to some signings with increased finances to attract a better standard of player. 

Looking to next season I’d be looking to keep the starting 11 from Monday plus Cummings, Jakubiak and all the young players. That’s a good base to build on with the rest moving on. I’d then be hoping for a new keeper to fight it out with Legzdins, a right back, a left back, 2 centrehalfs (1 being Walcott from Tottenham again), a left winger with real pace like McMullan (Jordan Jones/Michael O’Hallaran) and a new centre forward to start week in week out. 

I’d be looking to get Fisher, Cameron, Mulligan etc out on loan to clubs where they’ll get plenty of game time. I’d maybe consider giving Ferrie another year but immediately getting him out on loan as well unless Harrison Sharp is the real deal. 

Armstrong from Raith is a better investment as the winger.

Heard Scott Robinson a few weeks back, he would be pushing as one of the CM's in a 3.

Efe Ambrose anyone? A bit of a comedy figure in Scotland but on his day he is genuinely really good. Got a mistake in him, but i think any defender at this club will have that in them now and again

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

As I'm here with GIFs, has anybody got one of McPake shouting "THAT'S FUCKING SHITE. FUCKING SHITE!" at Charlie when he tried his 80 yarder against Killie? 

If that isn't turned into a GIF, I'll be extremely disappointed. I bought the NowTV 24hour pass so can't go back to get it.

5 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Armstrong from Raith is a better investment as the winger.

Heard Scott Robinson a few weeks back, he would be pushing as one of the CM's in a 3.

Efe Ambrose anyone? A bit of a comedy figure in Scotland but on his day he is genuinely really good. Got a mistake in him, but i think any defender at this club will have that in them now and again

Thank you.

Suggested Efe a few pages ago, would love him in. 

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

If that isn't turned into a GIF, I'll be extremely disappointed. I bought the NowTV 24hour pass so can't go back to get it.

The footage is on DeeTV obviously, though idk how you'd download that tbh 

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Would love to add Logan from Aberdeen if he'd be willing (mentioned a few pages ago, I think. Well, a lot of pages ago, as it was before Monday night :thumsup2), GGS, obviously and another couple of central defenders. Getting Legdzins signed on is important too. McDaid and Elliott are the other non-starters from Monday that need to be considered - I think we can get better replacements, but no names come to mind at the moment. Hopefully some more like Kamara - players released by the bigger English teams too.

A lot of good players are going to be without clubs this summer as clubs continue to struggle financially off the back of the pandemic. We are in the fortunate position with the insurance we had in place and gaining promotion that we haven't been too badly affected financially and we have to take advantage of that.