All things Dundee FC

Robertson will need to go out on loan next season. He's way down in the pecking order at the moment.
I wouldn't be completely against giving Anderson to a Championship club for a season either. He'll need regular game time, and McGhee has that role nailed down and if we were to bring in someone like Callachan or Regan Hendry for a season there then it'd be a top flight level squad upgrade (although Anderson has the potential to be the far better player obviously).

They may well go out on loan but I wouldn’t agree with that decision.
Don’t give up on Fin Robertson, the boy is quality but when he got his chance earlier this season the whole team was playing shite. Bringing through players like them is the only way forward IMO.

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

They may well go out on loan but I wouldn’t agree with that decision.
Don’t give up on Fin Robertson, the boy is quality but when he got his chance earlier this season the whole team was playing shite. Bringing through players like them is the only way forward IMO.

I don't think putting players out on loan to ensure they're playing every week is 'giving up' on them. I think it's vital for their improvement. I believe he is quality, but he's not getting in ahead of Adam or Byrne anytime soon and this season was very stop start with injuries.

I think next season will be tougher for Anderson to make an impact particularly if McGhee stays fit so believe he should be getting games every week too.

Loaning out Robertson is a tough one, on one hand the game time is very important, but on the other is he going to get the chance to learn from someone like Charlie Adam if he leaves?

Arbroath could be the ideal place for either of them. Local, part time so can train with Dundee part of the week and at the right level to hopefully get games but be pushed. Any higher and I doubt they’ll play much but I wouldn’t want to see them drop to league 1.

Arbroath could be the ideal place for either of them. Local, part time so can train with Dundee part of the week and at the right level to hopefully get games but be pushed. Any higher and I doubt they’ll play much but I wouldn’t want to see them drop to league 1.

Agree re Arbroath but I kind of think if they’re good enough to play every week for Arbroath they’re good enough to play 15 or so games for us.
Last night we had 1 midfielder on the bench. We are not as flush as we were.
Of and McDaid - definitely punt. He’s barely mid championship class. Maybe Killie would suit him.

19 minutes ago, The Derry said:

Loaning out Robertson is a tough one, on one hand the game time is very important, but on the other is he going to get the chance to learn from someone like Charlie Adam if he leaves?

Genuine question and not trying to be a 'partypooper' on the Dees promotion..well done..but I'm wondering how long McPake will continue with  Adam and McGowan in the Premier.The obvious answer is until their legs say 'no more' but he cant be relying on them both next season so I'm assuming he'll be 'shopping around' in the summer aye?

5 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

Yeh they'd be my pick as well.  Just signed Nicky Low though so not sure if they'll be looking at other midfielders.

1 minute ago, TONTROOPER said:

Genuine question and not trying to be a 'partypooper' on the Dees promotion..well done..but I'm wondering how long McPake will continue with  Adam and McGowan in the Premier.The obvious answer is until their legs say 'no more' but he cant be relying on them both next season so I'm assuming he'll be 'shopping around' in the summer aye?

Sadly despite my numerous requests, I'm not privvy to James McPakes plans for the future.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, The Derry said:

Sadly despite my numerous requests, I'm not privvy to James McPakes plans for the future.

Thank you.

Be interesting to see..in the meantime...I trust you have your 'vaccination ID' in order for the move to the Prem?

44 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

We don't tend to play McGowan alongside Adam.

We go for a midfield 3 of McGhee/Byrne/Adam and when either Byrne or Adam drop out then McGowan comes central which is where he's been absolutely immense this season. When all 3 are fit, we pap McGowan out on the wing which he manages to do really well in for a 33 year old CM with very little pace or any real physical attributes, but won't be good enough in that role for the top flight.

McGowan has another season ahead of Robertson & Anderson as the direct replacement for when Byrne or Adam are out. Anderson is the direct replacement for McGhee.

After thinking about it a bit more I’m a lot more wary of taking players from a relegated team especially one like Kilmarnock that went down the the better part of a whimper, the only player that has any potential is that Alloa striker they had 

With regards to Fontaine I’d offer him a new deal on a reduced contract with a view of a possible coaching role once he’s hung up his boots officially most of his career he’s played at a decent enough level and if he had been a couple of years younger he’d likely be a stand out in our squad 

a few names that have been released I’d take a closer look at are Scott Robinson for his versatility, Liam polworth depending on loans for Anderson and Robertson , I’d also take a punt on signing Liam Kelly if QPR have no plans for him

Edited by D TOTAL
The Inverness polworth not the one that whatever the hell motherwell did to him this season

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We don't tend to play McGowan alongside Adam.

We go for a midfield 3 of McGhee/Byrne/Adam and when either Byrne or Adam drop out then McGowan comes central which is where he's been absolutely immense this season. When all 3 are fit, we pap McGowan out on the wing which he manages to do really well in for a 33 year old CM with very little pace or any real physical attributes, but won't be good enough in that role for the top flight.

McGowan has another season ahead of Robertson & Anderson as the direct replacement for when Byrne or Adam are out. Anderson is the direct replacement for McGhee.

Yeh I know about the formation Ludo.. about not playing alongside each other......my question was purely about (and I know this is a hard one for Dees fans to contemplate) what signings McPake is going to make to replace these guys who have been immense for DFC this latter part of the season.

2 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Yeh I know about the formation Ludo.. about not playing alongside each other......my question was purely about (and I know this is a hard one for Dees fans to contemplate) what signings McPake is going to make to replace these guys who have been immense for DFC this latter part of the season.

All 18 have been immense the later part of the season, glorious stuff tears of joy

Edited by D TOTAL