All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, AmericanFan said:

Wouldn't you want to avoid Lafferty at all costs?

Lafferty is a good player, but we're at a risk of making him sound like a prime Pele.

I'd prefer to play County, however let's look at what we have. Does a team finishing 11th throughout the premiership season want to be facing Charlie Adam, Jason Cummings and Paul McMullen. My view is that if St Mirren can compete with them after looking so average in the cup semi final there's no reason we can't.

Even if we get beat I'm in a much more positive mindset now, the quality we brought in January has taken us up a notch. Next season we'd be outright favourites. For all the abuse I've given McPake the last couple of months have been good and I'm seeing progress. That being down to the quality we brought in or McPakes ability is a different matter. One thing is for sure we've moved on from the year and a half of footballing depression.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Lafferty is a good player, but we're at a risk of making him sound like a prime Pele.

I'd prefer to play County, however let's look at what we have. Does a team finishing 11th throughout the premiership season want to be facing Charlie Adam, Jason Cummings and Paul McMullen. My view is that if St Mirren can compete with them after looking so average in the cup semi final there's no reason we can't.

Even if we get beat I'm in a much more positive mindset now, the quality we brought in January has taken us up a notch. Next season we'd be outright favourites. For all the abuse I've given McPake the last couple of months have been good and I'm seeing progress. That being down to the quality we brought in or McPakes ability is a different matter. One thing is for sure we've moved on from the year and a half of footballing depression.

Thank you.

I guess I just see promotion as something you really want to take when you have the chance, and to me Ross County isn't intimidating at all.

Kilmarnock reminds me of a bad NBA team with a star player who can go off for 50 at any time, thus making them more dangerous.

Final word from me is that Charlie Adam dominated the Starks territory in a manner only matched by the dominance of the City square by fast eddie.

Imperious in his display and probably wanted to make a mark after being pipped to player of the year by Lee Ashcroft. Adam was doing the same for half a season and actually outdone last nights performance against Hearts at home. Anyone who couldn't fit him into their starting 11 throughout the season (bar immediately after the coving situation) does indeed hold the brain capacity of the aforementioned harmonica stomping Eddie.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, AmericanFan said:

I guess I just see promotion as something you really want to take when you have the chance, and to me Ross County isn't intimidating at all.

Kilmarnock reminds me of a bad NBA team with a star player who can go off for 50 at any time, thus making them more dangerous.

Sorry but I read your posts in the American accent it comes across in and it's pissing me off.

Have a good day.

Thank you.

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Have to say, we'd be Hearts-esque favourites for the league if we stayed down and kept the nucleus of this team even if McPake stayed on. 

Just don't get humiliated in the next 3 games and I'm going into next season in a really positive place.

Never thought I'd say that even a couple of weeks ago based on the last 5 seasons.

McPake in. Say it. You know you want to.

3 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

The last 2 months were what I was expecting this season. Criminal he let the goalkeeping situation go on as long as he did. Definite huge credit for last night’s performance but and it still irks me his substitutions are baffling. We were in total control and he subs Cummings with a whole 25 minutes to go, was there any need to? Why Mullen as the main striker when he doesn’t score with Sow on the bench? Mullen last’s all of 15 minutes as centre forward before moving him out of position to wide right in the process taking off the dangerous McMullen when it’s 2 nil and he’s a great out ball and real asset if the opposing team is pushing on leaving themselves exposed at the back. Ideally shouldn’t the subs have been Sow for Cummings and a like for like replacement of McDaid  for McMullen. Things like this don’t rest to easy with me. Great last night but just my opinion.

Yeah we went on to score again but why risk it 🤷🏼‍♂️It’s similar to his sitting back the last 15 minutes to hold on to what we have when we’ve been really comfortable in games attacking sides. 

Very happy with how all the results went last night. Hopefully if we make the playoff final and don’t go up we have a real good chance of winning the league next season with the squad we have and Hearts being replaced by Hamilton. 

Edited by Yenitit

6 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

The last 2 months were what I was expecting this season. Criminal he let the goalkeeping situation go on as long as he did. Definite huge credit for last night’s performance but and it still irks me his substitutions are baffling. We were in total control and he subs Cummings with a whole 25 minutes to go, was there any need to? Why Mullen as the main striker when he doesn’t score with Sow on the bench? Mullen last’s all of 15 minutes as centre forward before moving him out of position to wide right in the process taking off the dangerous McMullen when it’s 2 nil and he’s a great out ball and real asset if the opposing team is pushing on leaving themselves exposed at the back. 

Yeah we went on to score again but why risk it 🤷🏼‍♂️

I totally agree with the goalkeeper and could go on much more about other matters. McPake cost us a challenge at the league this season and I've been one of the loudest on here about getting him out.

Most things I was going on about have been resolved however, so I can't just complain for the sake of it. On the last 2 months solely it has been good but I'm not forgetting what went on.

McMullen has shown what natural pacey wingers can do for you at this level and I've been going on about us having wingers since Hartley was in charge.

Everything has to go into getting up now, then it'll be time to evaluate the season as a whole. 

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

Wouldn't you want to avoid Lafferty at all costs?

Of course - just starting to get my head in the ‘we can do this space’!
We can do nothing about who we play but a) I still think it could easily be Dross Cunty and b) Killie are down there for a reason.

On 12/05/2021 at 12:17, Mr. Alli said:

You could be right, Den. Is it the manager etc that's fronting the money too? 

No idea. Heard it was a rebranding of Fintry Amateurs, similar to what's going on with Downfield and Kirkton Ams.

23 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I’m pretty scared.

All to play for yet, we've still got to take care of RR, you might beat Accies but probably into the play offs.

Big question is if Killie go down will they get back up again?

3 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

A fair point, would rather have Kerr there and Marshall at LB (though I do think Kerr is doing great as a LB as of late).

Marshall at RB? Worked one way, why not the other? Although not the time to experiment.

I think I bought a ticket for Saturday. However, all it’s done is send me an email to say this it will set up a direct debit for £2.50 and said that money will be taken out over the next three days. Nothing has come out of my account. 

Is that what it did for everyone else? Just seems a bit of an odd setup, not taking anything out straight away.