All things Dundee FC

32 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

That’s great we’ll easily get in the final of the playoffs and promoted if we get Hamilton then👍 

Imagine if the manager had replaced the goalkeeper when virtually the rest of us saw he was a dud. Maybe would’ve won the league. Or maybe even cut out his tactical master strokes on 70 minutes.  

Imagine we actually started the season same time as Hearts and not starting to sort shit out in Februrary.... 

14 hours ago, Fifespud said:

When everything reopens we should defo have a P and B hospitality day at Dens. There can’t be more than 20 of us regularly posting.
Who is in?

Mr Alli, johnnydun, me , Crawford, day of the Lords. Kevthedee, d total.

Edited by Robin.Hood

36 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Imagine we actually started the season same time as Hearts and not starting to sort shit out in Februrary.... 

That would be braw. De ja vu from the season before 🤔 

Our title charge was over after 10 minutes of the season 🤦🏻‍♂️

On 02/05/2021 at 21:41, Ludo*1 said:

I'm gonna put my tin hat on and say I'd give McPake another go if he gets us through to the final and whilst getting put out, we're not disgraced. I don't think McPake is the future and I don't think he's done a great job, but he'd have done enough to stay on to have another go.

My top 3 realistic choices would be:

1. Paul Hartley (the marmite option)

2. Stewart Petrie

3. Tony Docherty

We just scraped into second and no more by the last game of the season, you don't think he is our future, you don't think he has did a great job but he deserves another shot regardless if we get promoted or not and providing we beat whoever it is for the play off game via top league? 

I like your option 2 and 3 so I will pretend you didn't say any of the rest. 

Just feel we should of been performing way better than what we have this season and not just getting into second and no more with this second biggest budget. 

I'm a stat man and have a few others who are holding onto the "well we have second biggest budget and finished second " but this has been awful. 2 seasons of awful. 

No more chances . We go up , he will get a shot , if we don't go up then he can gtf. 

15 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

We just scraped into second and no more by the last game of the season, you don't think he is our future, you don't think he has did a great job but he deserves another shot regardless if we get promoted or not and providing we beat whoever it is for the play off game via top league? 

Just feel we should of been performing way better than what we have this season and not just getting into second and no more with this second biggest budget. 

I'm a stat man and have a few others who are holding onto the "well we have second biggest budget and finished second " but this has been awful. 2 seasons of awful. 

No more chances . We go up , he will get a shot , if we don't go up then he can gtf. 

I don't think he's our future nor do I think he's done a great job, but his task at the start of the season was to have us in 2nd place minimum. The stats suggest he's achieved that. As long as we are not disgraced in the play-offs, I think he's done enough to not be sacked. 

As a stats man, surely you wouldn't condone sacking a man that had us statistically where we expected to finish but missed out on the top flight due to a lotter of a penalty shoot-out, for example?

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

That’s great we’ll easily get in the final of the playoffs and promoted if we get Hamilton then👍 

Imagine if the manager had replaced the goalkeeper when virtually the rest of us saw he was a dud. Maybe would’ve won the league. Or maybe even cut out his tactical master strokes on 70 minutes.  

He said he wanted to replace the goalkeeper in the summer but couldn’t due to budgets. He brought in Legzdins but he couldn’t have foreseen him getting an injury.

21 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

A stats man but only when it suits

27 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Sad to see Captain Sensible appears to have suffered a life-changing head injury. Fucking hell.

When are your club accounts due? 

3440E9A6-AFC3-4CB7-9EC9-492021344069.jpeg.83b54035fb9e6772e0270b5cde650b04.jpeg

3 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

He said he wanted to replace the goalkeeper in the summer but couldn’t due to budgets. He brought in Legzdins but he couldn’t have foreseen him getting an injury.

It was the biggest problem in the squad. Horrendous management to not address this 1st and use his budget accordingly. His tactics and game management are nearly the same. 

If you think McPake is a good manager, I’m sorry but we aren’t going to agree. 

36 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

As long as we are not disgraced in the play-offs, I think he's done enough to not be sacked. 

Forget what I think , do you genuinely believe this over the course of the season? Not the course of last few months. I'm not one to go back to look at posts but have you felt this way all season with Mcpake or were you one of many who wanted him gone before December? 

Finishing second yes was a minimum.... the facts are there. But in the manner we achieved this was brutal. Has been brutal for the majority of the season. If he had a clue how to manage we may have challenged hearts with the disposal of players he has. 

I'm black and white on this with Mcpake. He has had 2 seasons to build a team to get us out the league which he has had mega backing. Now is his time to get us out the league. 4 games so its achievable. 

I suppose like you and every other c**t on here don't think it really matters what is said as I don't expect the board to sack him regardless if we go up or not.

The show must go on.

Edited by Robin.Hood

52 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

It was the biggest problem in the squad. Horrendous management to not address this 1st and use his budget accordingly. His tactics and game management are nearly the same. 

If you think McPake is a good manager, I’m sorry but we aren’t going to agree. 

I’m not trying to argue or agree with you, but he openly came out and said he wasn’t given funds for a goalkeeper. It was discussed at length on here as everyone thought it was strange that he had a designated goalkeeping budget.

I think McPake has done as could be expected this season. It doesn’t sit right with me that people still want him sacked even if we get promoted. 

I can only speak for what I saw, and at the start of the season every one said he’s terrible and has had his time to bed in season, with this season being the time to push on for 2nd and a chance at a promotion, he’s achieved that. I’m not that fussed about how we got their especially THIS season when the world has went to pot, what matters is that we are there. 

when we had NM  in charge folk were asking for his head after bad results but some great football, this season mcpake has achieved the minimum requirement set out by EVERY fan at the start of the season with terrible football,

so what do people want great football or results, it’s few and far between that a club that’s not the OF can have both for more than a few games at a time?

1 minute ago, D TOTAL said:

I can only speak for what I saw, and at the start of the season every one said he’s terrible and has had his time to bed in season, with this season being the time to push on for 2nd and a chance at a promotion, he’s achieved that. I’m not that fussed about how we got their especially THIS season when the world has went to pot, what matters is that we are there. 

when we had NM  in charge folk were asking for his head after bad results but some great football, this season mcpake has achieved the minimum requirement set out by EVERY fan at the start of the season with terrible football,

so what do people want great football or results, it’s few and far between that a club that’s not the OF can have both for more than a few games at a time?

Promotion. Very straight forward. If he dosnt achieve this then off he pops.. if we get promotion then he gets a shot at next season however 2 things needs to work on....

1. The season dosnt start in February 

2. When things are going to f**k at least change for the good or get someone along side him who knows what to change when things aren't going our way.