Jump to content

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

I hadn't realised that Sofien Moussa has three more top level goals in Scotland than Shankland despite making four less appearances. Ooft. 

The DABs should get him in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Girth said:

The DABs should get him in 

Why would we want that. The facts say that would boost the filth’s chances of staying up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I miss his cheeky little grin.

Image result for sofien moussa dundee

Thank you.

Assume that grin was generated on his payday, lol.

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I see Tom Duthie has retired/left/been punted as head writer for the Evening Tele and yer man Sean Hamilton formerly known as WendyWho? on here I think it was is his replacement.
Wendy Who? was decent when he posted here - better than a country mile than fellow fermer Boredom Guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just read Craig Wighton is off to Dunfermline in the Summer having penned a pre-contract.
Now, here's where Mr McPake's short/long term thinking is a tad knee-jerk imho.
He always made clear his desire to sign Wighton at some point, therefore where did, for example, Nicky Clark fit into the big equation and budget/number crunching when he's recently on record as saying he's already signed one of next seasons top targets in Jason Cummings.
Merely thinking aloud. 
 
I'm delighted we are not signing him.

He's one who promised so much and delivered so little.

A DAB killer goal is not a reason to sign him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm delighted we are not signing him.

He's one who promised so much and delivered so little.

A DAB killer goal is not a reason to sign him.

He did his job. No matter what he does in his career he’ll always be a hero.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I'm delighted we are not signing him.

He's one who promised so much and delivered so little.

A DAB killer goal is not a reason to sign him.

 

1 hour ago, Dusan Vrto said:


He did his job. No matter what he does in his career he’ll always be a hero.

Both of these posts sum up my thoughts on him. Never anywhere close to being a great or particularly dangerous striker, but worked hard and scored the banter Dundee derby goal of all time. Good luck to the lad (but not against us)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jordan McGhee out for 10-12 weeks according to McPake. f**k. That's practically the whole rest of the season, would likely be back for the playoffs if we make it. Massive blow.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The point I was trying to make earlier regarding our current manager, and I'll relate it to my own personal experience in the electrical industry.

  • A unskilled operative of limited experience can have the very best quality tools and equipment available to them, extensive training provided and still consistently produce a dogs dinner.
  • A qualified and skilled operative, although more expensive to employ, will consistently produce a quality product, even if their tools and equipment were procured from a car-boot sale.

James McPake as manager, disappointingly I may say after 20 months in post, would still very much imho remain in the first category above.

Merely my opinion.         

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Jordan McGhee out for 10-12 weeks according to McPake. f**k. That's practically the whole rest of the season, would likely be back for the playoffs if we make it. Massive blow.

That is a sickener. Let's try this Walcott fella at DM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Jordan McGhee out for 10-12 weeks according to McPake. f**k. That's practically the whole rest of the season, would likely be back for the playoffs if we make it. Massive blow.

As someone who’s suffered from a dislocated shoulder (sore as f**k btw) that timescale seems a bit excessive. Hopefully I’m right because he’s a massive miss to the side in midfield. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

That is a sickener. Let's try this Walcott fella at DM. 

That's a good shout, seems very composed on the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

The point I was trying to make earlier regarding our current manager, and I'll relate it to my own personal experience in the electrical industry.

  • A unskilled operative of limited experience can have the very best quality tools and equipment available to them, extensive training provided and still consistently produce a dogs dinner.
  • A qualified and skilled operative, although more expensive to employ, will consistently produce a quality product, even if their tools and equipment were procured from a car-boot sale.

James McPake as manager, disappointingly I may say after 20 months in post, would still very much imho remain in the first category above.

Merely my opinion.         

Image result for electric shock gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch, if it comes to fruition. Kilmarnock, St Mirren and Falkirk fans are without question the worst fan bases on this forum. One loss and they want the manager chased from the country, one victory and they're building statues. 

The last month on the St Mirren topic has been hilariously eye bleeding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Oft.

I was thinking about McIntyre and quite how horrendous he was for us. Not only was he our worst ever manager in terms of win % but he practically gave our best player away when in the middle of a relegation battle and rebuilt the squad with some of the worst players I've ever seen wearing dark blue. Some people say McPake is bad, and while they may have a point regarding performances on the pitch, at least he's built a good enough squad for a new manager coming in to work with. McIntyre left us with a full squad of utter drossm which we are still suffering the effects of.

Edited to add: c**t.

Edited by RossDee01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I was thinking about McIntyre and quite how horrendous he was for us. Not only was he our worst ever manager in terms of win % but he practically gave our best player away when in the middle of a relegation battle and rebuilt the squad with some of the worst players I've ever seen wearing dark blue. Some people say McPake is bad, and while they may have a point regarding performances on the pitch, at least he's built a good enough squad for a new manager coming in to work with. McIntyre left us with a full squad of utter drossm which we are still suffering the effects of.

Edited to add: c**t.

He's a c**t but I think he takes too much of the wrap for Kamara. By all accounts, Kamara was doing all he could do to force his move away (although even playing at half his capacity, he made things look a lot better) and at the point of feigning knocks etc. In that situation with a 4 week window inheriting one of the worst squads in top flight history, I can see how any new manager would have wanted to move on from that. Kearney put him to shame though in how he dealt with a lot of the same issues with St Mirren and stuck to a coherent plan over time whilst McIntyre kept throwing shit at the wall and seeing what stuck.

Neil McCann is the worst manager in my lifetime in terms of the long term damage he caused in my opinion, genuinely think his impact was much worse than McIntyre who didn't really get the chance to sign a squad (McPake only inherited Nelson and Todd from McIntyre IIRC with the board letting him offload Curran and Davies). The whole stuff about an 'eye for a player' was basically a result of a scattergun approach that was geared towards a very high expense outsourced approach to recruitment to that one agency. I mean on Kamara, of course an internationalist playmaker from the Arsenal academy on decent money was going to have some ability. The only picks he really had in his own circle and who didn't appear to be sourced by that group was Lewis Spence, Calvin Miller, Simon Murray and Scott Allan.

Things went bad with Hartley and he lost the plot in the balance of his recruitment as his spell went on but at least there were some of the makings of an actual team he put together and when he did go, McCann could come in and see a team who 5 or 6 games before were getting some decent results and just needed a bit of a refresh and tweak to get moving again. When McCann left us, I genuinely don't know if the squad that was left would have reached mid table in the second tier. The 3-0 defeat against Ayr with Mark Kerr bossing the midfield (Spence was almost in tears) and Jamie Adams with the cigars out really flattered us, should have been 5 or 6.

Early into McCann's spell when we were faltering, Killie looked very similar to us results wise and were playing some decent stuff under McCulloch but not getting results and consistently losing very soft goals. Their board had the balls to see he wasn't up to that level of job and intervene early and get a proper qualified manager. Similarly whilst Motherwell took a gamble on Robinson who had an unsuccessful management spell, he was at least an accomplished first team coach. It's not their fault they are in the situation but we're giving decent full-time budgets and management responsibilities to guys who would struggle for a job in Angus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...