Mr Gandosaur

All things Dundee FC

I'm glad we're slowly getting on the same page. Kerr is pish, Elliot is arguably worse.

12 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Again that comes down to formations , fair enough IF he is playing wingback a good ball in is a bonus but I’m not gonna sit and criticise a defender for not putting in killer balls when that’s clearly not his game

But that is the formation McPake wants to play. If you play 3 in the middle and 4 at the back, going forward, your full backs become wingers and your defensive centre mid sits back. 

So he does need to be able to cross.

53 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

So no big January news like was promised?

Regan Hendry who missed yesterday's game against us would be ideal. Cheeky wee PCA. They'd never let him go until his deal was up, but there's not much better out there and I reckon down the line he'll be worth a penny or two.

Lewis Vaughan is another, if he's finally over his injury hell.

2 minutes ago, Tap in 94 said:

Is it not about you boys taking over the St Johns link up?

I reckon it'll be that and it's enabled us to move up the ranks in the academy scale.

Who was the loanee RB that McIntyre played ahead of Kerr, at least Elliott isn’t as bad as him, can’t remember his name. 

12 minutes ago, Taipei said:

Who was the loanee RB that McIntyre played ahead of Kerr, at least Elliott isn’t as bad as him, can’t remember his name. 

James Horsfield, now playing for Wrexham in the Vanarama diddy league.

17 minutes ago, Taipei said:

Up there as one of the worst RBs I've ever watched.

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

James McPake to be hopefully offered a position within the development/academy hierarchy. 

Preferable in the current climate to have a P60 sent in April than a P45 in February, imho.

Personally, I'd prefer he left the club. 

Whilst the recent signings have been refreshing, decent alternative managers are currently available. This situation will not last for long.

Regards 

8 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

Personally I don’t particularly care how good or bad a defenders final ball is , can he defend is he quick, can he jump, an added bonus is a decent cross but priority is defensive duties 

Any outfield player should first and foremost be judged on their technique and ability to control a pass and play a pass. Cammy Kerr severely lacks in these areas for someone with so many games and that's precisely why he shouldn't be on the park. I couldn't care less if he can run at speed and tackle a boy. I can supply an endless line of boys in Sunday League who are looking for a game and can do that at ease. 

4 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

James Horsfield, now playing for Wrexham in the Vanarama diddy league.

Thanks, kinda 😂

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Up there as one of the worst RBs I've ever watched.

Oh, he was dreadful. McIntyre at his best. 

57 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Elliot been found out has he?

A lot of our support like him, I don't see it personally.

This will be the first deadline day in about 5 that doesn't end in crushing disappointment as we get shafted for our best player in some way or another. So that's a plus.