All things Dundee FC

Keep Legzdins.

Add in someone like McAdams to challenge.

Punt Kerr (sorry Cammy, I'd keep you ahead of Elliott personally, but he's got another year). Sign a RB to start.

Punt Fontaine, sign 2 CH's alongside Ashcroft.

Sign Regan Hendry.

Punt Sow and Afolabi.

Add a wide option to challenge/replace McDaid and challenge McMullan.

Finally, appoint a decent manager.

We've got a very reasonable side IMO.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I prefer not thinking we have a chance, makes it more of a pleasant surprise seeing progress at this point rather than the expectation that it should be, and therefore creating anger when it doesn't happen.

Morrison’s car park at Hamilton might be a bit busy for the 2nd leg if they make it to 11th. 

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Keep Legzdins.

Add in someone like McAdams to challenge.

Punt Kerr (sorry Cammy, I'd keep you ahead of Elliott personally, but he's got another year). Sign a RB to start.

Punt Fontaine, sign 2 CH's alongside Ashcroft.

Sign Regan Hendry.

Punt Sow and Afolabi.

Add a wide option to challenge/replace McDaid and challenge McMullan.

Finally, appoint a decent manager.

We've got a very reasonable side IMO.

Regan  Hendry reminds me of Kevin Thomson. Something far wrong if he isn’t a signing target this summer. 

Just now, Yenitit said:

Morrison’s car park at Hamilton might be a bit busy for the 2nd leg if they make it to 11th. 

I was thinking about these scenarios the other day as am I f**k missing it if we have a chance in the 2nd leg of a playoff final. Can you see any of the pitch from outside the ground at Hamilton or County?

Long way to go obviously before thinking about this but it did cross my mind.

I do agree with [mention=70219]RossDee01[/mention], we are moving in the right direction, until substitutions happen. I also get his positivity about the play offs, as we can comfortably beat the other 2 Championship clubs. (I am glad it's not ICT). 
However we as a club are no good at 'knock out' tournaments, and this is the reason I am very pessimistic about the play offs.

Plus I feel there’s quite a gap between top of the championship and bottom of the prem 🤷🏼‍♂️ (hearts excepted).

2 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Plus I feel there’s quite a gap between top of the championship and bottom of the prem 🤷🏼‍♂️ (hearts excepted).

Isn't one of my worries tbh

image.png.8947e8137eb9dad9b4c71cc55af4b6c5.png

County and Accies are pretty rubbish too.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I was thinking about these scenarios the other day as am I f**k missing it if we have a chance in the 2nd leg of a playoff final. Can you see any of the pitch from outside the ground at Hamilton or County?

Long way to go obviously before thinking about this but it did cross my mind.

No viewing point at County. I was intending on going up to Inverness and walking the Kessock bridge last week until the fixture got moved to Tuesday night!

2 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Inverness (who didn’t even make the playoffs) battered Ross County a couple of weeks ago and Morten took Motherwell to penalties.

8 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Even if we go up? Surely you can’t punt McPake if he gets us promoted.

No, I'd keep him to begin with if we went up. As I said earlier, he's good at judging talent. His game management is atrocious and I reckon we'd have to make a decision sooner rather than later though if the unthinkable of us being promoted happened.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

No, I'd keep him to begin with if we went up. As I said earlier, he's good at judging talent. His game management is atrocious and I reckon we'd have to make a decision sooner rather than later though if the unthinkable of us being promoted happened.

That’s fair enough. Be harsh as f**k sacking him after winning the playoffs😂

11 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Regan  Hendry reminds me of Kevin Thomson. Something far wrong if he isn’t a signing target this summer. 

Injury prone? Didn't Thomson only play 30 odd games ( I could be havering ) over a 2 year period . Clearly Thomson had the ability however 

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

Brora beat Hearts and Hearts just walked this very league, giving us 6 in one game. 

Are you all saying there's no gap between Highland League and the Scottish Championship? 

When was the last time a team went up and came straight back down? Genuinely don’t know the answer but if I had to guess I’d say it was us in the Club 12 season. That shows you that there’s not much of a difference.

1 minute ago, AmericanFan said:

What would it cost to buyout McPake's contract? Does that financial obligation keep him around regardless of what happens?

He’s on a 1 year rolling contract so I’d imagine roughly a years wages

3 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Injury prone? Didn't Thomson only play 30 odd games ( I could be havering ) over a 2 year period . Clearly Thomson had the ability however 

If we are talking about injury prone Raith players, I'd have had Lewis Vaughan in a heartbeat.

Chronic injury problems is the only reason he's still with them and not at a much, much higher level!