All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The Tele published comments from some shitey FB group that were reacting to the idea that he might be leaving. This consisted of the usual stuff like people saying they'd drive him to his next club themselves etc.

It was piss poor from the Tele. Forster then said it was disgusting from them, he was fine with it but it could easily have an impact on other people's mental health if it happened to them.

The Tele got in touch with the club and asked how they should proceed. The club said that since Forster said he was fine we should consider the matter over and don't need to make a big deal out of it. McPake then spent his next pre match interview talking Forster up and going on about how the Tele were out of order and how he's been through stuff like Forster has and knows how tough social media can be without the local media getting involved.

Then the Glenn Kamara thing happened. We posted a Tweet saying we stand behind Kamara. Forster then went on a rant saying the club had hung him out to dry. No-one had been in touch with him about an apology and that the Tele apologised to the club and not him when it had nothing to do with the club. He then equated his situation with Kamara's and said that the club would stick up for Kamara and racism but don't care about players mental health.

He was then released yesterday and replied to the club Tweet thanking just the other players. 

It was absolutely awful what the Tele done but part of me can't help but feel cynical in that Forster knew he was on his way out a long time ago and was looking for an opportunity to bash the club.

Regardless, it's just been a bit of a clusterfuck all round.

I refer to this post instead of my own 

I've been too busy thinking how much of a failure it is that we are now very unlikely to finish 2nd without an amazing run between now and the end of the season. It's incomprehensible to imagine us dropping out the play-offs altogether.

What a terrible job McPake has done thus far.

30 minutes ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

Right lads... After todays results who has got the fear of finishing 5th? 

Nah, I think 1 win in our remaining games, should be enough for us to finish in the play offs.

If that win is against ICT, even better.

27 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I've been too busy thinking how much of a failure it is that we are now very unlikely to finish 2nd without an amazing run between now and the end of the season. It's incomprehensible to imagine us dropping out the play-offs altogether.

What a terrible job McPake has done thus far.

We're not guaranteed to get a point from our last two games against yous and Hertz. Alloa should have won by a couple of goals; for once in a decade we got a wacky ref making decisions in our favour, penalty and sending off. And Alloa still missed a handful of sitters with ten men.

Still, we had half a team out injured, so if we get them back fro next week we might get the draw we need.

Just now, johnnydun said:

Nah, I think 1 win in our remaining games, should be enough for us to finish in the play offs.

If that win is against ICT, even better.

If we win on Tuesday, we are officially qualified for the play-offs. If we draw, ICT would need 4 Pts from their last 2 games and we'd need to lose both of our games. It's just that I've lost any confidence in this team, and though as you say we should be winning at least one game out of our next three, I'm just not feeling it rn. Here's hoping I have nothing to fear.

17 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If we win on Tuesday, we are officially qualified for the play-offs. If we draw, ICT would need 4 Pts from their last 2 games and we'd need to lose both of our games. It's just that I've lost any confidence in this team, and though as you say we should be winning at least one game out of our next three, I'm just not feeling it rn. Here's hoping I have nothing to fear.

I rarely make predictions but I’m absolutely certain we will win on Tuesday.........and my guarantee is far better than a Jackson guarantee.  Please bookmark.

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

No chance you lads will finish 5th, you’ll be 2nd or 3rd.

Well unless I've made a mistake the worst we can finish is now third. Quite an achievement for a newbie into the Championship.

2 hours ago, Durex Play said:

The tele? Dundee Telegraph or the sportscene mob?

Lastly, what was the issue with the tele?

Yeah the Dundee Evening Telegraph. They printed abuse by fans who were basically saying he was pish. Stuff that should never had found it’s way into the local press in a match summary. 

Imo the club should’ve banned the Tele from the club over it.