All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

My display picture has been Cammy for years, I see no reason to change it. Doesn’t mean I think he’s a good player - I just think he’s a really good, honest lad who try’s his best.

^^^ Yogi Hughes

At half time this game was garbage. By full time we are 3 up, coasting and a win with Charlie getting a rest bar 2 or 3 minutes. Not all bad.

The season is littered with periods like that first half but with the likes of Anderson scoring regularly it is turning games our way.

2nd and Raith getting knocked out in the 3 v 4 game is the ideal scenario but some major match ups before then.

The season is littered with periods like that first half but with the likes of Anderson scoring regularly it is turning games our way.

He has scored some really vital goals. It’s been a fantastic breakthrough season and credit to McPake who has had a hand in his development and who has had the balls to stick him in the team ahead of more experienced players.

5 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

we score 3, keep a clean sheet and stay joint 2nd, should I be this unhappy with that game? This is an odd feeling, a win is a win I suppose 😬😬

It's definitely a weird sensation. I think it's because both sides were pretty abject and the game was so shite that it feels like a pretty empty 3 points. 

Had we been grinding out wins like that right from the start of the season I think it would feel wholly different, because then we'd probably be in a genuine title race with Hearts, if not already clear of them. This is the irritating thing. The time to be grinding out uninspiring wins in garbage games is right from the get-go if you want to seriously challenge, not 90% of the way toward the end of the season.

I reckon we'd be in a title race if we'd replaced Jack Hamilton sooner:

Adam Legzdins - 3 clean sheets in 6. Conceded 7.

Calum Ferrie 1 clean sheet in 3. Conceded 4.

Jack Hamilton 1 clean sheet in 13. Conceded 26.

Can one assume that your upturn in form coincides with Hamilton and Forster no longer getting a game?  IMO they were the two main guffies for you.

Legz is undoubtedly an upgrade, but I think the upturn is about a lot more than just the change of keeper. 

McMullan has made a night and day difference to our ability to play formations with a back four and still pose a threat going forward, and the emergence of Anderson as a good box-to-box option has meant that we can finally play a legit 4-4-2. 

Concede that the point you are making about goals conceded is perfectly legit, but the team performances as a whole have been a lot better since Legz took the #1 jersey, and I think that's mostly down to other additions and changes.

Was looking at the table last night and noticed that only Hearts have scored more than us in the league. The scary bit is that only Queens and Alloa have conceded more, and not just that, but behind us there's a gap of about 9-10 goals until the next worst defence. You're quite possibly absolutely correct, in that even if we'd had a league-average defence since day 1 of the season, we'd most likely be in the thick of a title race.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Playing Anderson/McGowan instead of Adam/McGowan is the difference  -  Anderson has the legs to support McGowan.

It also seems that McDaid /Marshall have a good partnership - with McMullan on the other side we have a lot more width.  Ashcroft has also pitched in with quite a few vital goals - a real threat at set-pieces - even if he is a bit of a bombscare at the back.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

3 hours ago, rainbowrising said:

2nd and Raith getting knocked out in the 3 v 4 game is the ideal scenario but some major match ups before then.

I dunno like, at this moment in time I would rather face Raith than ICT.

Is Scott Allan available for the play offs?

This has got Neil McCann putting us out written all over it.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yip, which despite the inevitable "see, told you" nonsense from McCann fans on here, I could almost stomach if it meant the end of McPake.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

We’re going to get a right good look at whether or not we can consider ourselves capable of winning the playoffs over the next few weeks with games against Raith, Dunfermline and Inverness. 

40 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

We've got him until the end of the season.  So I'm assuming it's until the last game we play.  Whether that be the 27th league game, a play off game, or a Scottish cup game.