All things Dundee FC

7 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

im not knocking adam's ability but the 2nd part of your post is where we go wrong every game he plays....he takes all the freekicks he takes all the corners and it looks like hes taking all the pens...we never mix things up when hes playing and give teams far too much time to organise whenever we get a corner or freekick as they know no matter where on the park adam is he'll take it...lets get the ball down and if a quick one is available bloody just do it.

He was off form with his dead balls today, but any other time he is the best from a dead ball situation we have.

Gowser does take a good corner and Cummings takes a good pen, but Adam is generally a pretty solid performer at all 3, if you add free kicks.

17 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Nothing to do with the name on the shirt, he is involved in nearly every play.

That’s a massive problem. He slows everything down, and gives the opposition time to get back and get organised. 

We are a far better team without him, his insistence to be everything, while contributing nothing is hindering us. 

Edited by Taipei

19 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

You could say that about the whole team, the difference being Charlie has the ability and the testicular fortitude to try something different. If he was to just play it the safe 5 yards that numerous other charlatans try (and fail to complete) he'd have a 100% success rate. 

Eloquence of the highest order, if I may be so bold Dele my man.

A modern day sin I can only issue one greenie, lol.

Have a good weekend young man.

182599602_OIP(26).jpg.8d84f33fe9f96e6dad96991f6542297c.jpg

1 minute ago, Taipei said:

That’s a massive problem. He slows everything down, and gives the opposition time to get back and get organised. 

We are a far better team without him, his insistence to be everything, while contributing nothing is a hinders century.

How can you agree that he is involved in everything then say he contributes nothing? He plays more balls wide and forward than anyone else.

I think myself, you and @RossDee01 are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

I personally don't think he needs to run much, this has never been his type of game. I think his positional intelligence means he doesn't have to.

Granted he has been off the boil since his Covid/Mother passing and the 442 doesn't quite work out for him, but I can't agree that he has nothing left to give.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

How can you agree that he is involved in everything then say he contributes nothing? He plays more balls wide and forward than anyone else.

I think myself, you and @RossDee01 are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

I personally don't think he needs to run much, this has never been his type of game. I think his positional intelligence means he doesn't have to.

Granted he has been off the boil since his Covid/Mother passing and the 442 doesn't quite work out for him, but I can't agree that he has nothing left to give.

Yeah, I don’t think we will agree on this. 😂

He takes every set piece, so is involved, and we get nothing, so his contribution is zero. I might be setting myself up here, but when was his last assist? 

His positional intelligence seems to be to slowly jog about the centre circle, then pass the ball to the opposition. I’d love to see individual stats on our players, his stats today would have been shocking. 

1 minute ago, Taipei said:

He takes every set piece, so is involved, and we get nothing, so his contribution is zero. I might be setting myself up here, but when was his last assist? 

His positional intelligence seems to be to slowly jog about the centre circle, then pass the ball to the opposition. I’d love to see individual stats on our players, his stats today would have been shocking. 

Quick change of subject, why Taipei as a user name?

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Quick change of subject, why Taipei as a user name?

It's his blood type. 

Edit : bugger, tried to go for the funnys and he replied before me. :(

Edited by Mr. Alli

Tbh I might be alone in this thinking but I’m in no way bothered we’re out the cup. There’s no real financial incentive with the crowds not being at the games and we weren’t exactly going to trouble the likes of Celtic and Rangers to win the thing. 

I was already worried about the amount of fixtures we had left in the season and fitting in more cup games would’ve more than likely taken its toll on the squad. Today’s result at Dunfermline was a great result in terms of if we win, and it’s a big if with the current manager, it’s a straight shoot out between us an Raith for 2nd with 2 less games to be played in our attempt at promotion. The fear for Tuesday is the manager, his tactics and his team selection. Yeah change players around but stick to a formation that’s been working fit us recently. 🤦🏻‍♂️

16 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Hearts game at Alloa next Friday is pretty big. Bottle that and the wheels might completely fall off.

We’d still have to win all of our remaining games to stand any sort of chance and that’s not gonna happen

2 hours ago, Taipei said:

Unbelievable, You conveniently forgetting the first half of the season when Charlie Adam carried this side on his own? and now he's had a slump you're having a pop at him?

You on the wind up/troll?

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

How did Cammy play today?

Pretty well tbf. Probably the most competent either he or Elliott have been in that RB role for a good while. One of the better performers for me, today.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Pretty well tbf. Probably the most competent either he or Elliott have been in that RB role for a good while. One of the better performers for me, today.

Can’t see him staying past the summer to be honest. Neither he or Elliott are good enough and with his contract running out in the summer I think we’ll be looking to bring another right back in.