All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I have absolutely no idea. It was designed in the 70s.

This is also an underrated classic that I think was used on our club blazers in the 50s(?):

SCFL - Dundee FC

That is better and looks less like dominoes about to fall on each other . 

Early use of a gold font as well.

1 hour ago, D TOTAL said:

I’d argue the exact opposite and say that’s the exact time we should start a brand

Despite the fact I'd be behind a badge change, I'd say changing it at the same time as our spiritual home would be too much. These things don't happen often and should be staggered for continuity's sake IMO.

1 hour ago, D TOTAL said:

I’d argue the exact opposite and say that’s the exact time we should start a brand

What do we support then? Players come and go, managers and chairmen too. If we changed stadium and changed our emblem then it'd be a case of Trigger's broom for me. I'm against change on all fronts!

[mention=17349]Fifespud[/mention]
You're not seriously suggesting this was a hospital pass and that Fisher was responsible?

ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif.3c8cf758b832ff8427e5643371b518b8.gif

He wasn’t entirely guilty but Gowser had a guy right up his arse and another closing down rapidly from the front. Hard to see on that little image but the pass was under hit. He should have chipped it down the wing and got back into position. Gowser should have hoofed it out the ground of course - hence Fisher isn’t completely at fault.

For the first goal on Saturday Fontaine was 2 feet away from the attacker when is own full back bulleted a cross straight to him. The most culpable player was Elliot by a country mile for that one.

5 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

He wasn’t entirely guilty but Gowser had a guy right up his arse and another closing down rapidly from the front. Hard to see on that little image but the pass was under hit. He should have chipped it down the wing and got back into position. Gowser should have hoofed it out the ground of course - hence Fisher isn’t completely at fault.

For the first goal on Saturday Fontaine was 2 feet away from the attacker when is own full back bulleted a cross straight to him. The most culpable player was Elliot by a country mile for that one.

That’s how I saw the 2 incidents. Fisher shouldn’t have played the pass, Gowser should’ve played it up into the corner 1st time and Elliot had a brain fart. 

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

What do we support then? Players come and go, managers and chairmen too. If we changed stadium and changed our emblem then it'd be a case of Trigger's broom for me. I'm against change on all fronts!

I see what your saying and I agree to an extent(love the trigger analogy too), but I imagine the Americans are here for the long haul as a building a new stadium suggests, I would have thought they would try to brand out and open a few schools in North America and as our shield goes it’s pretty droll to build a brand around 

the irony is not lost on me that I have it as my profile pick too 😅

f**k me. Been off the forum for a couple of days and didn’t realise the carnage that had ensued. Probably wouldn’t have poured more fuel on the fire had I read it all.
The stats back up my gut feeling that we have defended better with Fontaine in the team. He’s at the wrong end of his career, he wasn’t much cope in his prime, I’d defo like to see him gone in the summer but right now he’s the best man for the job.

936340822_OIP(33).jpg.3331e8530b5ffd7179f784706e5fc4c8.jpg     
 Good enough then and possibly appears even classier now, imho.
                                                                                                                1037451692_OIP(34).jpg.c3f5f8017fec5fa5454a6e23a33f23ae.jpg

This is the badge for me. My first strip, inherited from my big brother, had this on it. Years later my lovely departed mum altered it and stuck it on a giant teddy for my son.
If it was up to me we’d play in dark blue, cotton round neck tops, with white collars and cuffs and this badge, for the rest of time.

51 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Love this picture.

tapatalk_1508488525500.jpeg

Love that pic as well. Monkey or Yorkshire terrier? Also 'Billy big baws' front right.

'Mon the Dee.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

1 hour ago, Robin.Hood said:

Love this picture.

tapatalk_1508488525500.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Love that pic as well. Monkey or Yorkshire terrier? Also 'Billy big baws' front right.

'Mon the Dee.

Yeah, the feller next to him appears to be Jason Cummings' great, great grand-father second from right front row, lol.    

875392181_download(33).jpg.b64164f21fd957e9b467137c6c9eaa49.jpg  

Edited by This Charming Man

2 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Yeah, the feller next to him appears to be Jason Cummings' great grand-father second from right front row, lol.    

Going to get it printed out and framed. Brilliant.

1 minute ago, locheedee said:

Thats a quality picture, definitely well up for us get some random animals as mascots!

+

Love this picture too. Really want to know the story behind all the bling & the huge plaque style badge too

_20200331_115155.thumb.JPG.5055c93e3108b25811123fab6ba1a38d.JPG

Great photo. Is that a big f**k off knife at the bottom left? 🤔

Yeah, the feller next to him appears to be Jason Cummings' great, great grand-father second from right front row, lol.    

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]Absolute spitting image