All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, bp33 said:

Unbelievable post. Didn’t see Dunfermline launch anything to Wighton and O Hara, and after 10 minutes neither of them did anything.

Played in the English Championship, and for Hibs where he won the cup.

I’ve come to the conclusion that quite a lot of our so called supporters, are absolute zoomers.

I’ll leave you to it.

Don't agree with this.

Lots of player have a good playing history, doesn't mean they can keep at that level for 10-15 years. Players slow down mate and @Mr. Alli is 100% correct with his current assessment of him.

The fact that you didn't see Dunfermline launch anything in after 10 mins would be the reason he had a quiet game and could do very little wrong.

Enjoy your night Liam.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
5 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:
I don't know if Berra would still cut it for another year bearing in mind it's been more than a year since he played for us and would be 37 at the midway point next season.
I'd be delighted to give him that chance as he's a step up from any of our other CH's and whilst it wouldn't be a foregone conclusion he'd be our first choice CH (I'm hoping for a clear out!) he'd definitely be able to add something to the overall squad.

A short-term contract (assuming he is fit) until the end of the season - to help with the playoffs - no longer than that.

He's not leaving Hearts till the end of this season.

Don't agree with this.
Lots of player have a good playing history, doesn't mean they can keep at that level for 10-15 years. Players slow down mate and [mention=76717]Mr. Alli[/mention] is 100% correct with his current assessment of him.
The fact that you didn't see Dunfermline launch anything in after 10 mins would be the reason he had a quiet game and could do very little wrong.
Enjoy your night Liam.

He stated that Fontaine and Ashcroft, are only useful when the ball is launched at them. Dunfermline tried to play on the deck, and their 2 ball playing forwards, couldn’t get a kick, due to the good play of our centre half’s.

To then say he can’t pass the ball 5 yards, is an absolute clusterfuck.

If you agree with him, that’s your prerogative, but you don’t have a Scooby. In Nigeria, you would be a Dundee Utd.

1 minute ago, bp33 said:

He stated that Fontaine and Ashcroft, are only useful when the ball is launched at them. Dunfermline tried to play on the deck, and their 2 ball playing forwards, couldn’t get a kick, due to the good play of our centre half’s.

If you agree with him, that’s your prerogative, but you don’t have a Scooby. In Nigeria, you would be a Dundee Utd.

Just as well I'm not in Nigeria then as that would really offend me.

I don't have a Scooby? Aye ok mate. Fontaine does struggle with distribution, his short passes are wayward and his long balls are just floaters more in hope.

They are good in the air, like @Mr. Alli highlighted but the ball not getting through to the Dunfermline front 2 was more down to our fullbacks cutting out crosses and our centre mids closing down quickly.

I'm afraid I think your first sentence is nonsense. A simple pass which led to McGowan running into trouble is not even culpable nevermind comparable to Fontaine's abysmal marking for Dunfermline's first.
He's played 3 games and not once has a team targeted him like you suggest would happen.
I'm not saying Fisher is a wonderkid or if he'll even make it, but he's not shown himself to be near as bad as Fontaine in his limited opportunities IMO.

IMO, I think you’re talking absolute nonsense.

1 hour ago, bp33 said:

I must have missed the hanging on for dear life bit.

You’ve missed a lot by the sounds of things.

Just a hunch, but maybe the fact that you are arguing with every single person who posts on this thread suggests that you’re the one that’s wrong.

Edited by RossDee01

13 hours ago, bp33 said:

We’ve won a few games now looking excellent in attack, playing 4-4-2 and you want to change it? It’s unbelievable, FIFA on the PlayStation has a lot to answer for.

13 hours ago, bp33 said:

I’d be interested to know why you think he’s dreadful?

11 hours ago, bp33 said:

Ha Ha, I’ll give you 3 guesses, what the 33 stands for. 1 good performance with that formation, and you want to abandon what is definitely our best way to line up.

If I were you, I’d stick to Subuteo.

1 hour ago, bp33 said:

I must have missed the hanging on for dear life bit.

1 hour ago, bp33 said:

Unbelievable post. Didn’t see Dunfermline launch anything to Wighton and O Hara, and after 10 minutes neither of them got another kick. On Ashworth, if he’s so bad why did St Johnstone try to sign him?

Played in the English Championship, and for Hibs where he won the cup.

I’ve come to the conclusion that quite a lot of our so called supporters, are absolute zoomers.

I’ll leave you to it.

1 hour ago, bp33 said:

11 minutes ago, bp33 said:

You've came on here and decided to get confrontational because people disagree with you.

The common theme seems to be you talking a lot of shite.

10 minutes ago, bp33 said:

Instead of saying folk are "talking absolute nonsense" "dont have a Scooby" or that we are "zoomers", try and back it up why you think Fontaine is the best centre half since Jaap Stam?

Instead of saying folk are "talking absolute nonsense" "dont have a Scooby" or that we are "zoomers", try and back it up why you think Fontaine is the best centre half since Jaap Stam?

Did I mention Japp Stam? I would say that the only 2 things they have in common is they’re both Centre Half’s, and are both challenged on the hair front.

Just now, bp33 said:

Did I mention Japp Stam? I would say that the only 2 things they have in common is they’re both Centre Half’s, and are both challenged on the hair front.

No, I did clearly.

But I have yet to hear one argument from you, that tells us why your opinion on Fontaine, is that he is anywhere near good enough.

Just as well I'm not in Nigeria then as that would really offend me.
I don't have a Scooby? Aye ok mate. Fontaine does struggle with distribution, his short passes are wayward and his long balls are just floaters more in hope.
They are good in the air, like [mention=76717]Mr. Alli[/mention] highlighted but the ball not getting through to the Dunfermline front 2 was more down to our fullbacks cutting out crosses and our centre mids closing down quickly.

Comedy gold.