All things Dundee FC

7 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Here We Go Eye Roll GIF

Not a fan off the idea? , personally I feel he has a better pedigree than both mcpake and mackay could be fairly cheap if we were going down the inexpensive inexperienced hole again depending on who is available at end of season

this is based on the fact mcpake is on a rolling contract and can be told at the end of the season he’s done , without severance which should stand us in good stead

16 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

This is based on the fact mcpake is on a rolling contract and can be told at the end of the season he’s done , without severance which should stand us in good stead

That's not how rolling contracts work. He is on a one year rolling contract, he is either given one years notice then leaves for nothing or is given one years wages and leaves immediately. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

That's not how rolling contracts work. He is on a one year rolling contract, he is either given one years notice then leaves for nothing or is given one years wages and leaves immediately. 

Well....that’s not good.

3rd shirt arrived today. For anyone undecided I would say:

Colours look better in person - not as garish as I feared.

Sleeves are a little shorter than the home shirt for some reason.

Although a V-neck, the V isn’t as low as on the away shirt.

And, most importantly to me, the sponsor and Macron logos are all a part of the shirt design, not ironed on. Much better in my opinion for long-term appearance. I have the Bukta/Viga home and away shirts from 2009/10 and the ironed on home top sponsor has disappeared completely, while the away top with it part of the design looks brand new.

9 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Berra as manager can get right in the fucking sea; jesus suffering f**k. 

Couldn’t be any worse surely, not that I’d want him per say , it was just a cheap option if that’s the next road we go down

Couldn’t be any worse surely, not that I’d want him per say , it was just a cheap option if that’s the next road we go down

I’d argue that when (if) we go up, we are going to need someone of a relatively steady ability and reputation. Sick of these cheap punts in the dark from Nelms.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

1 hour ago, D TOTAL said:

Well....that’s not good.

I think it’s fair to say we are very well known for handing out more than generous contracts.  This was to a manager that, to be absolutely blunt, had no experience whatsoever at being a manager of ANY adult football team.   As such his appointment was always going to be a massive gamble.

McPake was presumably more than willing to step up to management + no other club was interested in taking him on as a manager = a contract that always guarantees him a full years pay off.

Not a fan off the idea?

Not personally, sorry

if we were going down the inexpensive inexperienced hole again depending on who is available at end of season

and this is why. I would prefer a manager with a some pedigree and an upward trajectory. Last manager we had who was both worked well for a while.

I don't know if Berra would still cut it for another year bearing in mind it's been more than a year since he played for us and would be 37 at the midway point next season.
I'd be delighted to give him that chance as he's a step up from any of our other CH's and whilst it wouldn't be a foregone conclusion he'd be our first choice CH (I'm hoping for a clear out!) he'd definitely be able to add something to the overall squad.
A short-term contract (assuming he is fit) until the end of the season - to help with the playoffs - no longer than that.

How's Byrne been doing? Was on a Livi podcast this week and mentioned how he never wanted to leave us. His agent was pushing him to leave and was dropped as Martindale and his agent didn't like each other. Went on to say he got rid of his agent (that took him to Dundee) and admitted Martindale was right about him. 

How long does his contract run? Seems as though he hasn't exactly shut the door on a return to Livi

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

How's Byrne been doing? Was on a Livi podcast this week and mentioned how he never wanted to leave us. His agent was pushing him to leave and was dropped as Martindale and his agent didn't like each other. Went on to say he got rid of his agent (that took him to Dundee) and admitted Martindale was right about him. 

How long does his contract run? Seems as though he hasn't exactly shut the door on a return to Livi

So his agent forced him to sign for Dundee? What a load of pish.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

So his agent forced him to sign for Dundee? What a load of pish.

Said he was offered a deal that October and after Livi spoke to his agent it was taken off the table and his agent was pushing him to move clubs

Not one good performance, our best performance by a mile. So you’d have McGowan and Anderson in the middle of the park for the rest of the season and leave out a fit McGhee, Adam and Byrne? We also have actually wingers now with McMullen who would play on the wing where McGowan did in that game against Hearts and a competent striker in Cummings who would play instead of Sow. 

You also appear to be disregarding the fact that we still had to hang on for dear life at the end against a team who haven’t won away from home since November and are bottom of the form table since the end of November. 

The 4-4-2 is probably the way to go for now but when McGhee is back I have no doubts that we will revert back to the 4–3-3.

I must have missed the hanging on for dear life bit.

I'll answer this. 
He can't run. Not really his fault, he's about 40 and not many can still run. I can't run. It's not a fundamental part of my job though. 
He can't pass. This for me is the biggest worry. Five yard passes to men with nobody near them are always wayward. 
Positionally he's terrible. He doesn't read the game well and is often found a mile out of position which, coupled with his lack of mobility, means he must have left his position about June 1994. 
He's fine if you're playing a team who are going to launch it to a target man all game - as is Ashcroft. Sadly for them and in turn the club, teams don't set up like that too often in 2021. 

Unbelievable post. Didn’t see Dunfermline launch anything to Wighton and O Hara, and after 10 minutes neither of them got another kick. On Ashworth, if he’s so bad why did St Johnstone try to sign him?

Played in the English Championship, and for Hibs where he won the cup.

I’ve come to the conclusion that quite a lot of our so called supporters, are absolute zoomers.

I’ll leave you to it.