All things Dundee FC

I’d take Sow out for Adam and replace McGowan with Byrne in a 4-3-3. Then McGhee in for Anderson (as harsh as that may be) when he returns. Think McGhee was much better in midfield than defence.

We’ve won a few games now looking excellent in attack, playing 4-4-2 and you want to change it? It’s unbelievable, FIFA on the PlayStation has a lot to answer for.

12 minutes ago, bp33 said:

We’ve won a few games now looking excellent in attack, playing 4-4-2 and you want to change it? It’s unbelievable, FIFA on the PlayStation has a lot to answer for.

Short memory BP. I’m guessing the 33 in your username is the year you were born so I’ll let you off.

Our best performance by a mile this year was a 3-1 home win against Hearts with the exact midfield 3 I suggested. 

Im off to play FIFA now.

Thank You.

Edited by RossDee01

13 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

@Fifespud

You're not seriously suggesting this was a hospital pass and that Fisher was responsible?

ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif

A hospital pass is surely one where at the moment the recipient gets the ball he is immediately put into a 50/50 situation. Clearly not the case here. That could easily have been launched in plenty time. It's just a shite touch resulting in dispossession. 

As has been said there really isn't that much between them but I'd say best to worst.

Mcghee - still unsure if he should stay in midfield

Ashcroft - still bad but is a threat

Fisher - deserves a chance to prove he's more reliable than the more experienced centre halfs

Fontaine

Foster

Short memory BP. I’m guessing the 33 in your username is the year you were born so I’ll let you off.
Our best performance by a mile this year was a 3-1 home win against Hearts with the exact midfield 3 I suggested. 
Im off to play FIFA now.
Thank You.

Ha Ha, I’ll give you 3 guesses, what the 33 stands for. 1 good performance with that formation, and you want to abandon what is definitely our best way to line up.

If I were you, I’d stick to Subuteo.

43 minutes ago, bp33 said:

Ha Ha, I’ll give you 3 guesses, what the 33 stands for. 1 good performance with that formation, and you want to abandon what is definitely our best way to line up.

If I were you, I’d stick to Subuteo.

Not one good performance, our best performance by a mile. So you’d have McGowan and Anderson in the middle of the park for the rest of the season and leave out a fit McGhee, Adam and Byrne? We also have actually wingers now with McMullen who would play on the wing where McGowan did in that game against Hearts and a competent striker in Cummings who would play instead of Sow. 

You also appear to be disregarding the fact that we still had to hang on for dear life at the end against a team who haven’t won away from home since November and are bottom of the form table since the end of November. 

The 4-4-2 is probably the way to go for now but when McGhee is back I have no doubts that we will revert back to the 4–3-3.

Edited by RossDee01

2 hours ago, bp33 said:

I’d be interested to know why you think he’s dreadful?

I'll answer this. 

He can't run. Not really his fault, he's about 40 and not many can still run. I can't run. It's not a fundamental part of my job though. 

He can't pass. This for me is the biggest worry. Five yard passes to men with nobody near them are always wayward. 

Positionally he's terrible. He doesn't read the game well and is often found a mile out of position which, coupled with his lack of mobility, means he must have left his position about June 1994. 

He's fine if you're playing a team who are going to launch it to a target man all game - as is Ashcroft. Sadly for them and in turn the club, teams don't set up like that too often in 2021. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'll answer this. 

He can't run. Not really his fault, he's about 40 and not many can still run. I can't run. It's not a fundamental part of my job though. 

He can't pass. This for me is the biggest worry. Five yard passes to men with nobody near them are always wayward. 

Positionally he's terrible. He doesn't read the game well and is often found a mile out of position which, coupled with his lack of mobility, means he must have left his position about June 1994. 

He's fine if you're playing a team who are going to launch it to a target man all game - as is Ashcroft. Sadly for them and in turn the club, teams don't set up like that too often in 2021. 

Which one of our back 4 and replacements are you highlighting here? Sounds pretty much like you’re describing all our defenders there!

Just now, Yenitit said:

Which one of our back 4 and replacements are you highlighting here? Sounds pretty much like you’re describing all our defenders there!

Today's episode was Lame Fontaine. 

Tune in tomorrow when I will analyse the merits and downfalls of Lee Ashcroft. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Today's episode was Lame Fontaine. 

Tune in tomorrow when I will analyse the merits and downfalls of Lee Ashcroft. 

Looking forward to it! Mind and put him behind Fontaine for use of the ball and covering but ahead of him for aerial ability please. 👍

I don't know if Berra would still cut it for another year bearing in mind it's been more than a year since he played for us and would be 37 at the midway point next season.

I'd be delighted to give him that chance as he's a step up from any of our other CH's and whilst it wouldn't be a foregone conclusion he'd be our first choice CH (I'm hoping for a clear out!) he'd definitely be able to add something to the overall squad.