All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

This. Ludo has Fontaine become this seasons boo boy for you? Both Dunfermline goals last night had an element of luck about them. If Fisher looked as physically developed as Walcott, and/or had his footballing ability I’d be all for chucking him in, but he doesn’t and you can’t argue otherwise. We could play him over these last few games and it might work but it could go disastrously wrong and completely f**k the guys confidence. That said I’d start a fit Fisher over an unfit Fontaine every time. For all the criticism we give the defence they did endure a final 10 minutes last night when the WFIC threw the kitchen sink at them.
There’s going to be changes coming though because when McGhee is fit 2 of last nights starting 11 are going to be dropped. Given the way our manager thinks it will be probs be Anderson and either McDaid or McMullen. I’d rather we played McGhee at CH and swapped Gowser for Adam.

He possibly is due to him costing us pretty much a goal everytime he plays.

The stats don't lie. Fisher and Ashcroft have 2 clean sheets in 3 appearances together. We've kept 1 in 13 with Fontaine on the pitch.

Then there's that ridiculous long throw that barely beats the first man and is just completely pointless that also boils my piss.

I'll concede that he possibly is my 'boo boy' target but he doesn't do himself any favours.

He possibly is due to him costing us pretty much a goal everytime he plays.
The stats don't lie. Fisher and Ashcroft have 2 clean sheets in 3 appearances together. We've kept 1 in 13 with Fontaine on the pitch.
Then there's that ridiculous long throw that barely beats the first man and is just completely pointless that also boils my piss.
I'll concede that he possibly is my 'boo boy' target but he doesn't do himself any favours.

I’d imagine the long throws are McPake’s idea and to be fair, as shite as he is at it, I’d rather we attempted this as we are totally pish at throw in’s in any case. Throw it to Gowser who either loses it or he passes it back, and back, and back until it’s back at the keeper. I’d rather the nearest player to where the throw in is grabs the ball and takes the throw as quickly as possible.

Not trying to be that pedantic but a sample size of 3 is not big enough to infer any statistical trend.

4 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’d imagine the long throws are McPake’s idea and to be fair, as shite as he is at it, I’d rather we attempted this as we are totally pish at throw in’s in any case. Throw it to Gowser who either loses it or he passes it back, and back, and back until it’s back at the keeper. I’d rather the nearest player to where the throw in is grabs the ball and takes the throw as quickly as possible.

Not trying to be that pedantic but a sample size of 3 is not big enough to infer any statistical trend.

No, you're right about the sample size. I just think he's so poor we'd be better giving a young guy a proper chance to develop into the player we want him to be. Fisher isn't the complete CH, and in normal circumstances I wouldn't be advocating him playing, but he's not been any worse than any of our other CH's and there was the prospect of Ashcroft building a decent partnership with him that was worth sticking with for another couple of games particularly if Fontaine isn't fully fit which has been suggested over the last page or so.

Despite my continuous slaughtering of Fontaine, it's actually Elliott that I think is the biggest problem in the back line right now. I'd give Kerr another go. But Kerr, equally is very poor so it'd not be long before I'm suggesting we give Elliott a chance again.

We've been arguing the toss over the past page or so about whether McGhee should slot in at CH or CM. I'm starting to consider RB as that's comfortably our weak spot right now IMO.

As much as i've been positive the last two weeks the performances have only been enhanced by changes that the majority have seen for months, if not years. For starters: Jack Hamilton, two wide men and no Cammy Kerr. As i said yesterday with two natural wingers on the field only Hearts have beaten us.

Proof that if we had a competent manager we would be right up there with Hearts, if not above. McPake has finally stumbled on the correct formation (imagine if McDaid was actually at Partick) and is getting results.

Anderson is a big part in the improvement; his bombing forward created multiple chances last night, not only through occupying markers but creating space for others. He directly influenced multiple attacks including the first goal and the only big error i seen was in the first half when he turned into trouble in the centre of the park. Thankfully he showed the brains to quickly foul and prevent any sort of break. I wouldn't say he was rash in the tackle second half either maybe he was just leaving his mark on the Fife Diddy. I'm certainly not one to give bias to local players as people who have read my posts on Kerr and Robertson will be aware of, but i really like the look of Anderson so far.

I'm much more confident of getting second spot and having a mild chance at the play offs at the minute, but it'll take alot more than that for me to the last two (plus) seasons of abject failure.

Thank you.

For the record, Fontaines fucking shite and has the composure of Ralphie Milne at a free bar.

The first goal directly came from him hoofing the ball out for a throwing as the ball trickled along the Dundee box. You can see Marshall throwing his hands in the air at the inept piece of play.

McGhee to replace his ASAP.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Fifespud said:

This. Ludo has Fontaine become this seasons boo boy for you? Both Dunfermline goals last night had an element of luck about them. If Fisher looked as physically developed as Walcott, and/or had his footballing ability I’d be all for chucking him in, but he doesn’t and you can’t argue otherwise. We could play him over these last few games and it might work but it could go disastrously wrong and completely f**k the guys confidence. That said I’d start a fit Fisher over an unfit Fontaine every time. For all the criticism we give the defence they did endure a final 10 minutes last night when the WFIC threw the kitchen sink at them.
There’s going to be changes coming though because when McGhee is fit 2 of last nights starting 11 are going to be dropped. Given the way our manager thinks it will be probs be Anderson and either McDaid or McMullen. I’d rather we played McGhee at CH and swapped Gowser for Adam.

I’d take Sow out for Adam and replace McGowan with Byrne in a 4-3-3. Then McGhee in for Anderson (as harsh as that may be) when he returns. Think McGhee was much better in midfield than defence.

For the record, Fontaines fucking shite and has the composure of Ralphie Milne at a free bar.
The first goal directly came from him hoofing the ball out for a throwing as the ball trickled along the Dundee box. You can see Marshall throwing his hands in the air at the inept piece of play.
McGhee to replace his ASAP.
Thank you.

They didn’t score straight after but before the goal Gowser got the ball in the middle of the park, turned to pass it back as usual, realised there was no fucker to pass it too and put it straight out for a throw. I immediately thought I bet these cunters score from this. And they did 90 seconds later. Lots of errors and bad luck in the goal but the main one was Elliot it crossing it straight to the striker.
All our centre halves, since Hendry, have looked utter shite. Unsignable. You’d see them play once and think that lad has all the coordination of Quasimodo after a serious stroke and give them the swerve. Unbelievable you could sign Forster, Ashcroft and Fontaine and think they were the answer. Utter dog meat.

2 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

I’d take Sow out for Adam and replace McGowan with Byrne in a 4-3-3. Then McGhee in for Anderson (as harsh as that may be) when he returns. Think McGhee was much better in midfield than defence.

I reckon McGhee could be a great CH with an experienced rock beside him. Has too many lapses of judgement when paired with someone else. Could be a key CH for us next season but I agree, he's been much better in midfield.

50 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

They didn’t score straight after but before the goal Gowser got the ball in the middle of the park, turned to pass it back as usual, realised there was no fucker to pass it too and put it straight out for a throw. I immediately thought I bet these cunters score from this. And they did 90 seconds later. Lots of errors and bad luck in the goal but the main one was Elliot it crossing it straight to the striker.
All our centre halves, since Hendry, have looked utter shite. Unsignable. You’d see them play once and think that lad has all the coordination of Quasimodo after a serious stroke and give them the swerve. Unbelievable you could sign Forster, Ashcroft and Fontaine and think they were the answer. Utter dog meat.

Pretty sure the ball is hoofed out from Fontaine  and their first goal comes from it. Anyway you're right on McGowan. He could potentially be a squad player, however the next that the finger is being pointed to is McGowan and Fontaine.

14643232-high-.jpg.dc40aef5a8549680bfd090d04828e0a6.jpg

As i slowly see the diddies drop out it's heightening my mood. I've not taken my eye of the heads of the circus either, don't worry.

McGowan, Fontaine or McPake, who will go next.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92