All things Dundee FC

Is Walcott coming back to us when he recovers? 

Our defence is just honking. 

Weird thing is, every defence in this league is honking. If we had the defence sorted from the start of the season we’d be closer to 1st. 

Thank you. 

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Sadly not. He'll not be back playing in time this season, and his loan deal would've been up anyway by the time he's fit again.

Ahh crap. We’ll just have to out score  every team then. 

Ashcroft and Fisher seems the ideal combo going forward atm (until McPhee is back to 100%). 

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Does anyone still think Fontaine is our best CH?

He looked as though he’d been rushed back tonight and wasn’t fully fit. I still think that defensively he’s our best CH, yes. One bad game doesn’t change that.

He looked as though he’d been rushed back tonight and wasn’t fully fit. I still think that defensively he’s our best CH, yes. One bad game doesn’t change that.

This. Ludo has Fontaine become this seasons boo boy for you? Both Dunfermline goals last night had an element of luck about them. If Fisher looked as physically developed as Walcott, and/or had his footballing ability I’d be all for chucking him in, but he doesn’t and you can’t argue otherwise. We could play him over these last few games and it might work but it could go disastrously wrong and completely f**k the guys confidence. That said I’d start a fit Fisher over an unfit Fontaine every time. For all the criticism we give the defence they did endure a final 10 minutes last night when the WFIC threw the kitchen sink at them.
There’s going to be changes coming though because when McGhee is fit 2 of last nights starting 11 are going to be dropped. Given the way our manager thinks it will be probs be Anderson and either McDaid or McMullen. I’d rather we played McGhee at CH and swapped Gowser for Adam.

Could never have imagined saying this btw.

Me neither but him and Marshall are developing a great partnership. Marshall is right back to his best and I’d argue that’s because Adam is out the team. I also thought Byrne showed his worth last night during his wee cameo.

Just now, Fifespud said:

Me neither but him and Marshall are developing a great partnership. Marshall is right back to his best and I’d argue that’s because Adam is out the team. I also thought Byrne showed his worth last night during his wee cameo.

Agree completely.  

I’ll hold my hands up - I was delighted when it was announced that McDaid was going to Thistle BUT now we have McMullen (didn’t rate him that highly either) on the other wing I think that’s helped both McDaid and the team.  Not many teams at this level can defend effectively down both wings.  

For just about the first time I can remember it also looks like we now have a significant goal threat from set pieces.  By having McDaid and McMullen in the team that increases our chances of corners.

Also, when Adam returns I would drop McGowan (who had a very good game 2nd half last night).  

James, to reiterate, please find space in the team for both McDaid and McMullen.

I’ll hold my hands up - I was delighted when it was announced that McDaid was going to Thistle BUT now we have McMullen (didn’t rate him that highly either) on the other wing I think that’s helped both McDaid and the team.  Not many teams at this level can defend effectively down both wings.  
For just about the first time I can remember it also looks like we now have a significant goal threat from set pieces.  By having McDaid and McMullen in the team that increases our chances of corners.
Also, when Adam returns I would drop McGowan (who had a very good game 2nd half last night).  
James, to reiterate, please find space in the team for both McDaid and McMullen.

Agree with all that. Tell Adam to give us what’s he got for an hour and sub on Gowser or Byrne depending on how things are going. McGhee at CH.

McGhee at CM for me, every day of the week. A lot of the problems are coming from teams just strolling through. Adam being on the park worsens that. 

McGhee is able at CH but we were equally as shite with him in there. We improved defensively when he was being busy ahead of the CH's. 

34 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

See I've been telt I havnt played football before. Yet this person here thinks same as me. Scary shit at times I tell ye.

Our midfield is just as shite as our defence when it comes to defending. Mcghee id have in there.

Mullen and Cummings up top. 

Mcdaid and McMullen out wide. I'd do Mcghee and I think Adam in middle. Purely on the basis Mcghee would do the dirty work in the middle and let Adam stay forward. I do want to fit Anderson in there however yesterday didn't think he did too well.

Defence I've nae idea. You have Marshall and the other three is a lottery.  Thinking least if midfield is solid will be less pressure on the defence 

Anderson reminds me more of O’Hara at the moment as he never seems to quite have the ball under control and yet this seems to make him difficult to defend against at the same time. Loves a battle too which far too few of our youths have looked capable of over the years.

Think we’ve got to give McPake some credit for last night. We slaughtered him when the players bottled the 3-3 game earlier in the season so he has to get credit for the opposite this time.

Also, we are clearly the best option for the TV games this season. Off the top of my head, our BBC TV games have been:

Hearts: 2-6
Hearts: 3-1
Dunfermline: 3-2
Alloa: 3-3
Alloa: 3-0
Bonnyrigg: 3-2
Arbroath: 1-1

33 goals in 7 games, 18 for and 15 against. Average of nearly 5 goals a game!

If McGhee’s fit enough next week it would be a great opportunity to see if him and Adam would work together in a central midfield 2. Gowser and Anderson are certainly good enough at championship level, let’s see if we have more options. 

What a difference with 2 attacking wide players. Football isn’t difficult until manager’s start over thinking things. 4-4-2 against players of equal abilities usually works.

Edited by Yenitit