All things Dundee FC

Delighted tonight. The last two weeks have been really good performances IMO.

What enrages me is how long it has taken to get to this point of two actual wingers. Since McDaid and McMullen have played out wide we've only been beaten by Hearts. We create chances and actually look to have some degree of structure with them two out wide.

The two goals we gave away were defensive catastrophes, there's no doubt our central defence still needs a hell of a lot of work. That's the main negative tonight along with some of McGowans passing in CM.

Really enjoy watching Anderson, its been a long time since we've had a CM who will run past the strikers. Wins alot of balls, has confidence to take on shots which led to the first goal and always looks for the forward pass (something i feel Robertson lacks).

Marshall and McDaid brilliant on the left tonight. 

Have an excellent evening, fellow Dees. Wins have usually been met with the same amount of negativity as a loss this season but the big change is performance level. The last two games have been good on the whole, hopefully it lasts.

As an aside Michael Stewarts commentating is woeful. Wanting Legzdins to catch a pacey free kick thats heading towards the cross bar area. Thick as a raw pound of mince and has a tone that could only be equalled by Randomguy. f**k off. 

Thank you

2 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Delighted tonight. The last two weeks have been really good performances IMO.

What enrages me is how long it has taken to get to this point of two actual wingers. Since McDaid and McMullen have played out wide we've only been beaten by Hearts. We create chances and actually look to have some degree of structure with them two out wide.

The two goals we gave away were defensive catastrophes, there's no doubt our central defence still needs a hell of a lot of work. That's the main negative tonight along with some of McGowans passing in CM.

Really enjoy watching Anderson, its been a long time since we've had a CM who will run past the strikers. Wins alot of balls, has confidence to take on shots which led to the first goal and always looks for the forward pass (something i feel Robertson lacks).

Marshall and McDaid brilliant on the left tonight. 

Have an excellent evening, fellow Dees. Wins have usually been met with the same amount of negativity as a loss this season but the big change is performance level. The last two games have been good on the whole, hopefully it lasts.

As an aside Michael Stewarts commentating is woeful. Wanting Legzdins to catch a pacey free kick thats heading towards the cross bar area. Thick as a raw pound of mince and has a tone that could only be equalled by Randomguy. f**k off. 

Thank you

We don't get along at the best of times, but that post is spot on tbf. Have a top night! 

4 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Man of match?

other the OFW

McDaid or Marshall for me.

McGowan was instrumental in us turning it round but he had a poor first half which rules him out for me.

2 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

Going to suggest something ridiculous here...

McDaid? emoji102.png

McDaid week in week out works his arse off.  The problem is we get little return for all that effort. Decent game tonight but not MOT for me.

Ashcroft is delivering a goal scoring threat that defenders hate having to cover for outwith normal forward threats. Scored one and involved in another. Worth MOT to me.

Tonight was strange. Two down after five minutes. On both their goals we a) passed the ball to the goal scorer and b) failed to clear it twice with two blatant handballs from the Pars before CW33 chipped a beauty into the net ☹️  

After that we were ok, then becoming stronger making chances, dominating the midfield and that culminated in twenty second half minutes of good football, high tempo, chances and goals. The last ten it was sit back a bit, but overall there was guts and guile, missed chances and well worked movement with much better defence for the second 85 mins.

Two wingers is a delight. Max Anderson has a great player in there and I enjoyed the balance we showed. Credit to the manager and team for turning round a horrific start. For  twenty mins we looked half decent. 
it’s all the more frustrating for this inconsistent season when you see that turnaround performance. Pity it’s only 27 games.....

Anderson should have been sent off and I’d be raging at Marshall for that yellow he got for punting the ball away, last thing we need is him getting a suspension without a natural replacement

52 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

4-4-2? Well I never!

James, I love you so.

And I want you to know.

That now, gonna miss your hair

The minute you're turfed out that door but.. 

Please, no Sow

Please, no Sow

PLEASE NO SOW. 

10 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

We need a centre half. Badly.

Also, do we bring Adam back in? I’d have Byrne in there next week, probably for McGowan.

Centre half, McGee? I would have kept Fisher in the team but what do I know. 

Next week we could try something a bit different, getting pumped out the cup maybe no bad thing, not going to win it for sure.

As for Adam, his delivery from the wings is one of his strongest attributes, central defensive midfielder is not