All things Dundee FC

On 24/03/2021 at 20:49, D TOTAL said:

In fact which team now in Scotland is THE team for youth development, as I found out it was Falkirk years ago, Hamilton had a wee go, Dabs for season or 2 even Queen’s Park , we had a wee spell right as we were going into a financial meltdown, who’s #1 now?

Motherwell seem to shift a few young players on for good money. I think thats whats allowing them to make improvements at Fir Park just now despite the loss of income due to Covid.

Saints had a good few in the league cup final but no one ever leaves McDiarmid so if your looking for this to be a way to fund the club its certainly not us.

15 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

What news are we getting a 1? A gold lame strip?

David Young in the dressing room, so I'd assume so. Won't be as good as last season's sadly, but it'll be another army charity shirt. I love new kits, so I'm looking forward to it regardless.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

David Young in the dressing room, so I'd assume so. Won't be as good as last season's sadly, but it'll be another army charity shirt. I love new kits, so I'm looking forward to it regardless.

Usually I’d agree, but gold is a shite colour, hope I’m wrong and it’s bitchin, the black watch one was decent with the nice touch of the poppy at the back of the neck

4 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Usually I’d agree, but gold is a shite colour, hope I’m wrong and it’s bitchin, the black watch one was decent with the nice touch of the poppy at the back of the neck

How very dare you.......

Something of a gold revivial going on over the last couple of years.

441AFCCD-2257-4F62-B11C-80E2076AED85.jpeg

Out of curiosity I looked at what el bakhtaoui is getting up to turns out he’s just signed for Italian 4th division club and scored a brace on his debut

Spanish Jon is not much better playing in the kid’s league 3rd division in Spain 

El Bak probably found his level although I’m surprised at Jon looked like he could have been decent enough 

15 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

That strip is horrible.

The outfit worn against Alloa was a thing of beauty and took me back to the 70s.

GW.JPG.9717904958d1658f2c4117f0a476db9a.JPG

That was the home strip for one season in the early seventies, I know we're dark blue, but the white shirt dark, blue shorts and red socks is absolute class. IMO.

16 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

That strip is horrible.

The outfit worn against Alloa was a thing of beauty and took me back to the 70s.

GW.JPG.9717904958d1658f2c4117f0a476db9a.JPG

Merely thinking aloud again, which is never a good thing, especially on a Friday!

However, why does the club not poll the fans regarding choosing the annual 3rd strip from one of the "old classics", such as the one above.

I realise we'd be limited to mostly dark blue or white instead of the garish gold etc. However In theory, financially the club and the affiliated charity would potentially reap the rewards.

The only decent one I recall recently is the one below.

697557883_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.2ca9e1b78d9dc2dfb07d81f017bb3eee.jpg