All things Dundee FC

45 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's saying something along the lines of that club were quick to support Kamara, but he's had no support from anyone at the club for what he's went through. Can't embed it for some reason. 

ETA: 

I backed Forster in his argument about how reading harsh negativity will have an effect on players mental health, and I still do think his point is valid.

However comparing racist abuse to someone calling you a shite player is nonsense.

These players that suffer racist abuse from fellow professionals, cant just magically change their background and the abuse goes away.

However the players who are called out for not performing, can improve their performance or switch to a club more suited and the criticism goes away.

McPake said in his pre-match interview that Forster had his full support and that he appreciates how difficult it is reading stuff online. Said that he's stopped it and would encourage anyone else involved in football to do likewise. He mentioned that it got into his head for a bit whilst at Hibs.
He then went on a spiel about how he doesn't look at newspapers or social media after a win or a defeat. One, because it'd make him a hypocrite and secondly, 'because Dundee should be beating Arbroath and Hearts at home.'
Then he reiterated that all these guys are grown men that can make their own decisions on social media and they all have his full support because it's hard to just not feed into the negativity.
I know some clubs actively encourage their players from having direct contact with Social Media - for big clubs this means players may have their own pages but won't be directly involved in the running of the page.

I know at a lower level that is just not possible - but clubs will have Social Media guidelines - personally if I were a manager I'd be giving the same advice as McPake - not to look at Social Media or the local media too much.

1 minute ago, SweeperDee said:

What does that make McPake?

Poor man's Neil McCann.

Just now, Spikethedee said:

Is that better or worse than a poor man’s Jim McIntyre???

That would be Billy Dodds.

With all due respect to us Dee's, I fear Alex Neil (still only 39) is currently well beyond our reach having already led Norwich City into the English Premiership and easily retained Preston NE's place in the English Championship since July 2017, clearly above their station imho as the club owners will now discover to their cost.

His main man Joe Savage is now Sporting Director at Hearts, so if I were the bold Robbie Neilson regardless of the outcome this season, I'd be currently shitting myself and very concerned regarding my future.

Regarding us, which is my passion, James McPake with all due consideration to his general well-being, has only ever under-performed in his current position.

Over again to John Nelms I'm afraid.

Regards

Edited by This Charming Man

6 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I know some clubs actively encourage their players from having direct contact with Social Media - for big clubs this means players may have their own pages but won't be directly involved in the running of the page.

I know at a lower level that is just not possible - but clubs will have Social Media guidelines - personally if I were a manager I'd be giving the same advice as McPake - not to look at Social Media or the local media too much.

Then you’re in good company DTED.  Matt Busby gave the same advice to Alex Ferguson when Ferguson sought his advice when was under pressure in his first few years at United (minus the social media of course).   It would appear Busby never read the back pages of the papers and he did not too bad as a manager.

With all due respect to us Dee's, I fear Alex Neil (still only 39) is currently well beyond our reach having already led Norwich City into the English Premiership and easily retained Preston NE's place in the English Championship since July 2017, clearly above their station imho as the club owners will now discover to their cost.
His main man Joe Savage is now Sporting Director at Hearts, so if I were the bold Robbie Neilson regardless of the outcome this season, I'd be currently shitting myself and very concerned regarding my future.
Regarding us, which is my passion, James McPake with all due consideration to his general well-being, has only ever under-performed in his current position.
Over again to John Nelms I'm afraid.
Regards

You may be right but in my opinion Alex Neil will be considered a failure south of the border.

Regards and all that.

7 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I backed Forster in his argument about how reading harsh negativity will have an effect on players mental health, and I still do think his point is valid.

However comparing racist abuse to someone calling you a shite player is nonsense.

These players that suffer racist abuse from fellow professionals, cant just magically change their background and the abuse goes away.

However the players who are called out for not performing, can improve their performance or switch to a club more suited and the criticism goes away.

Amazed you have 2 green dots. You've just posted probably the biggest load of rubbish I've ever read.

Someone can magically improve their performance? Someone has a bad game so says ach let's go Juniors.

5 minutes ago, thommohawk said:

Amazed you have 2 green dots. You've just posted probably the biggest load of rubbish I've ever read.

Someone can magically improve their performance? Someone has a bad game so says ach let's go Juniors.

No, but they can stop making the same mistakes.

And did I say anything about juniors or moving down any levels?