All things Dundee FC

19 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Cheers Shadow, how you getting on with the Tudor?

Still absolutely loving it Biggie.  Definitely one of my better decisions in 2020.

In fact, if only McPake could take a lesson from the Tudor BB58 - use a tried and tested formation, keep it simple and everyone will be happy!

13 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Anybody enlighten me what he is talking about?

Just come on my FB feed from DFC Supporters Association.

Jordon Forster on Twitter apparently.
May be an image of textMay be an image of text

He's on about an article the Tele printed a few weeks ago about Partick being interested in signing him and the Tele decided to put in screenshots of comments made by fans on here and social media to show how he wouldn't be missed and we wanted him out the club. 

17 minutes ago, neildundee said:

He's on about an article the Tele printed a few weeks ago about Partick being interested in signing him and the Tele decided to put in screenshots of comments made by fans on here and social media to show how he wouldn't be missed and we wanted him out the club. 

I would be a hypocrite to say that is awful things for a guy to read, because myself, and many on here have written worse than that. I guess I just presume that they don't read P&B and what I write won't have an effect on a footballers mental health.

Do they read P&B? I have no idea.

Is it in the public domain that it could easily be brought to thier attention? Definitely.

He makes a good point and one I definitely did not think of, but should of.

Will it effect the way any of us post on here or other platforms about players?

It might just make me pull it in a bit and be a bit more constructive with my criticism.

24 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I would be a hypocrite to say that is awful things for a guy to read, because myself, and many on here have written worse than that. I guess I just presume that they don't read P&B and what I write won't have an effect on a footballers mental health.

Is it in the public domain that it could easily be brought to thier attention? Definitely.

He makes a good point and one I definitely did not think of, but should of.

Will it effect the way any of us post on here or other platforms about players?

It might just make me pull it in a bit and be a bit more constructive with my criticism.

I don't post often on here, but I know I've had a go about him in the past, and like you say, we don't know if they do read sites like P&B. Will it change people's opinions and what they say? Maybe and maybe not.  He does have a point about the Tele. They should be ashamed of themselves for printing it. 

Just now, neildundee said:

I don't post often on here, but I know I've had a go about him in the past, and like you say, we don't know if they do read sites like P&B. Will it change people's opinions and what they say? Maybe and maybe not.  He does have a point about the Tele. They should be ashamed of themselves for printing it. 

Yeah, there was no need, I know some footballers avoid reading social media for that very reason, but they just print it anyway.

35 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

They do, aye.

Can't remember who it was (Simon Ferry?), but they wrote an article saying they used to come straight on P&B after matches to see what fans were saying about them, but decided to stop as it was seriously affecting their mental health. Also said they were aware of plenty of team mates who you could see scrolling through the site on the team bus etc.

I don't know what the alternative is. Fans will always vent their frustrations and it's a sport fuelled by passion therefore there will always be overzealous comments. Previously, this was restricted to the terraces and the worst a player would hear/see/come across would be the odd disgraceful shout. That's magnified by 100 on platforms such as this, Twitter etc.

It's one thing posting on here (and by and large I don't think we're an 'abusive' bunch but certainly all overstep the mark at times) and quite another for the local media (who should really always be on their local club's good side) just trawling social media to publish negative comments made against an individual. The lack of wherewithal of the Tele after publishing the story on Hemmings is astounding.

As far as social media platforms go, Twitter truly is the worst. The same people that have dished out abuse to him in the past are now sucking up his arse to an unbelievable degree (I'm referring to one acc in particular that I've had to unfollow due to their god awful takes).

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

They do, aye.

Can't remember who it was (Simon Ferry?), but they wrote an article saying they used to come straight on P&B after matches to see what fans were saying about them, but decided to stop as it was seriously affecting their mental health. Also said they were aware of plenty of team mates who you could see scrolling through the site on the team bus etc.

In that case I will be a lot more constructive in my criticism if a player is failing. 

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't know what the alternative is. Fans will always vent their frustrations and it's a sport fuelled by passion therefore there will always be overzealous comments. Previously, this was restricted to the terraces and the worst a player would hear/see/come across would be the odd disgraceful shout. That's magnified by 100 on platforms such as this, Twitter etc.

It's one thing posting on here (and by and large I don't think we're an 'abusive' bunch but certainly all overstep the mark at times) and quite another for the local media (who should really always be on their local club's good side) just trawling social media to publish negative comments made against an individual. The lack of wherewithal of the Tele after publishing the story on Hemmings is astounding.

As far as social media platforms go, Twitter truly is the worst. The same people that have dished out abuse to him in the past are now sucking up his arse to an unbelievable degree (I'm referring to one acc in particular that I've had to unfollow due to their god awful takes).

I think we should just ban the Tele like we did to the Daily Record a few years ago. You've hit the nail on the head about the social media side of things Ludo.  If you're a player now following a clubs Facebook or Twitter page, you really can't avoid the comments. 

12 minutes ago, neildundee said:

If you're a player now following a clubs Facebook or Twitter page, you really can't avoid the comments. 

Maybe because of this reason, is why some of them choose to read P&B. A more balanced, less offensive take on a performance. Although McPake would probably be best avoiding the place for a while.