All things Dundee FC

Posted this on the other forum regarding Tim Keyes:

He's pumped money into the club time and time again. There will come a point when he's had enough and just pull out. The fans will all turn on him, but if your investment was being pissed down the drain year after year by the person that got you involved in the project in the first place(and is the only reason you're still involved), what else could you do?

He'll cut his losses at some point. I know I would if it was my investment in some Texan team and my mate was pissing it up the wall.

Will he want to have one last roll of the dice only for us to appoint Bobby Geddes as manager?

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

There's no way that he would still be in a job if fans were in.

For sure, he would've been out on his mumbling/stumbling arse months ago. Probably good at developing young players, but a 1st team manager? Absolutely no chance.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I could sit at my computer and rant about that all night, but what good would it do? Can't remember feeling as low as this even under McIntyre or when I felt we'd shafted Barry Smith or Jocky.

Just a complete feeling of hopelessness.

And the worst thing is, I probably will just rant until I go to bed.

Chill Ludo my man, this situation surely can't continue, even in the real world.

Over to you, Tim Keyes.

PS, just read your latest posting, what can I say? Feeling of hopelessness does not even begin to describe.

Regards 

I’m done with Elliot, I’m done with Kerr, I’m done with Marshall. We are absolutely sh!te. Not 1 of our fullbacks can defend, the centrehalfs are piss poor and the manager is as clueless as they come. How the f**k can you build anything on that defence and with that manager. 

Decent enough in terms of results the last 3 games playing 4-4-2, then he goes and changes the formation again. Wtf is he playing at 😡 

We’ve got someone with the stature of Strachan in the game at the club and that is seriously as good as we can do 🤦🏻‍♂️

Hearts 6-2, losing 3 to Alloa and scraping a draw, Bonnyrigg, losing a 3 goal lead. We have been utterly pish this year. One good result against hearts isn’t enough. Even if we scrape into the playoffs we don’t stand a chance. Please leave James before you turn into McIntyre Mark 2.

I’ve had enough and would prefer a further outbreak of COVID so the league was called. Totally lost interest.

I don't see why Nelms is holding on to him, I mean why delay the inevitable?

Is he going to promote us this year? No.

Is he even going to make the play offs? I have my doubts.

If by some miraculous stroke of luck we do get promoted, will we come straight back down with him in charge? 100%.

Will we get papped out the cup by a mediocre St Johnstone team? Yes.

It doesn't even end at the team though...

Will folk continue to pay to watch streams? Nope.

Will folk renew season tickets with him charge? No chance.

Will players that have a potential re sale value, stay at that value under him? No.

He might be cheap on wages but it's a true saying, 'Buy cheap, pay dear.'

Get this c**t oot now.

38 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Outside of McPake I really worry about Charlie Adam. He is starting to look like a guy who's legs have gone. A real drop off in performance as the season goes on.

It was just over two months ago that Adam dominated the game against Hearts; Nobodys legs can deteriorate at that rate unless they're involved in a catastrophic event - McPakes training regime may be that I accept.

A competent manager would've started the same team who have won 2/3 and competed to some sort of degree against Hearts.

Adam could've been given 30 tonight, knowing he's been housebound for weeks and not played a full ninety in ages.
When you see players coming back from an injury or time out in England etc they are phased back in with minutes before starting. This is a lack of professionalism from the club again which I mention alot.

A fit Adam could easily play in most teams within Scotland, let's not be blaming him.

It's been months I've been saying it now, McPake has to go. Why can't the board see it?

That's the only matter we should be concerned with just now to progress.

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

McPake has survived worse than this, he'll get until the end of the season. The lack of fans at Dens has afforded McPake more time than he deserves.

But why though? (Not that I'm getting at you here.)

The longer he is in charge, the less fans will pay good money to watch this shit.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

But why though? (Not that I'm getting at you here.)

The longer he is in charge, the less fans will pay good money to watch this shit.

It's easier to ignore the fan's opinion when they're not booing the team off after 90 minutes.

Also we're too loyal for our own good, I've wanted McPake gone for ages but once again I've forked out £12.50 to watch them get thrashed...

6 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

McPake has survived worse than this, he'll get until the end of the season. The lack of fans at Dens has afforded McPake more time than he deserves.

Anyone any ideas what we can do if action isn't announced tomorrow? Club is being killed and there isn't a voice if we aren't in Dens to make our feelings heard. It's beyond bonkers that he's still here. Gutted doesn't cover it, depressed doesn't cover it, rage doesn't cover it. 

1 minute ago, DieDee said:

Anyone any ideas what we can do if action isn't announced tomorrow? Club is being killed and there isn't a voice if we aren't in Dens to make our feelings heard. It's beyond bonkers that he's still here. Gutted doesn't cover it, depressed doesn't cover it, rage doesn't cover it. 

Mass emails to Nelms. No season ticket money.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

Adam's never had 'legs' since he's been at Dens. He's always been somewhat of a passenger. 

Cutting him some slack here - he's just back from covid. 

He's been shite since Arbroath away. He deserves to be cut slack. He's practically carried this team to the points we do have on the board, but he's been utter shite for a good 5-6 games.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Adam's never had 'legs' since he's been at Dens. He's always been somewhat of a passenger. 

Cutting him some slack here - he's just back from covid. 

Should never be starting tonight with 1 and a half training sessions, 30 mins on Saturday, and then just one more training session. Deciding to do that is just beyond stupid.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

If we were to go with a temp for between now and the end of the season, who would you go for?

Probably not the best time to bring a new permanent guy in because outwith Robinson we've waited far too long and all the decent potential obvious candidates on paper have since been snapped up and we're unlikely to get Robinson whilst he's got a sniff of the Aberdeen job.

I doubt we'd be able to attract Derek McInnes permanently (currently linked with the Sheffield United job), but maybe Tony Doherty would be a decent appointment?

As for the temp...

KCes_Lochee_United_Tayport_v_Dundee_Legends_080418_15 - The Courier

I'm just joking of course. (Kinda, maybe)