All things Dundee FC

Even if we did punt him, which we won't, it won't be announced until tomorrow, which means I go to bed feeling absolutely shite.

Mon Nelms, do the decent thing and at least cheer us up!

1 minute ago, rainbowrising said:

Outside of McPake I really worry about Charlie Adam. He is starting to look like a guy who's legs have gone. A real drop off in performance as the season goes on.

I wouldn't downplay the COVID influence. Some other players have said its hit them like a truck when they go back to playing.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Did Dundee advertise the vacancy or was McPake just promoted when he was given the job? 

I honestly can't remember. 

If it was advertised, who were the other candidates? 

Jim Goodwin.

Like Dim McIntyre, James McPake will probably never manage again. No way however will he resign, he'll milk the American finance whilst he can, making complete fools out of us all. A one year rolling contract, FFS.

All down to John Nelms' management recruitment incompetence, I'm afraid.

Professional embarrassment.

Regards as always. 

On 30/05/2019 at 20:28, RossBFaeDundee said:

Sick, tired, pissed off, humiliated, unsurprised, baffled, resigned, miserable.

Quite the gammet of emotions in 5 minutes.

I will support James McPake unquestionably, I think he's a great guy and could one day be an incredible coach, hopefully even one right out of the gate. No matter what happens, he will have my respect. Regardless of all this though, this feels like the final nail in the coffin. Years of shit after shit and finally the board are given a clean slate, an opportunity to try and start again, to maybe have some success... and they've scared off every viable candidate and are putting their trust and their money into a complete unknown for the position... again. Tinpot, tinpot, tinpot. I so hope I am wrong, but right now, this is embarrassing.

22 months. What a ride.

I could sit at my computer and rant about that all night, but what good would it do? Can't remember feeling as low as this even under McIntyre or when I felt we'd shafted Barry Smith or Jocky.

Just a complete feeling of hopelessness.

And the worst thing is, I probably will just rant until I go to bed.