All things Dundee FC

So lads, who remembers the details of Jack Hendry's sell-on clause we were going on about a wee while back?
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-celtic-transfer-edouard-20014439
I'll - and let me stress this - believe it when I see it happen, but even if the clause was just 10% of profits then that'd be £850k.

If jack hendry goes for ten million then you would be as well just cancelling football

8 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm not really sure that's McCann's fault. It was flagged up by myself (and others) that McCann and Robertson do not share the same footballing philosophy and giving him the job was an absolutely crazy thing to do due to the time constraints. 

I highly doubt McCann would have been interested if he was told "just keep playing like Robertson does". 

So you're saying here that if a manager takes a job and tries to completely overhaul the style of play to one the players at his disposal aren't suited to, while the club are in a relegation battle and he's taking over with only 13 games left, that can't be blamed on the manager and it has to be someone else's fault? It couldn't be the fault of the manager who is showing an inability to adapt to the circumstances?

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

So you're saying here that if a manager takes a job and tries to completely overhaul the style of play to one the players at his disposal aren't suited to, while the club are in a relegation battle and he's taking over with only 13 games left, that can't be blamed on the manager and it has to be someone else's fault? It couldn't be the fault of the manager who is showing an inability to adapt to the circumstances?

When a manager is so well known for being a stubborn wee dick that has admitted in the press several times that he will not change his philosophy regardless of results and will always try to play football the 'right way' as that's what's 'important', then yes, I'd blame the people for appointing the guy.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

When a manager is so well known for being a stubborn wee dick that has admitted in the press several times that he will not change his philosophy regardless of results and will always try to play football the 'right way' as that's what's 'important', then yes, I'd blame the people for appointing the guy.

Yeah, I'd agree that Gardiner is also to blame here for appointing him when he should have known this would happen, but that doesn't mean McCann is blameless himself. He could just stop being a stubborn wee dick and in turn possibly become a better manager as a result; it's not like that's something he's powerless to change.

15 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Thanks Mike for bringing this pish back up.

I'll shut my trap now.

Anyway, back to Dundee's mental month.

20/2/21- QOTS  2-3 Loss
21/2/21 -
22/2/21 -
23/2/21 - 
24/2/21 -
25/2/21 -
26/2/21 -
27/2/21- vs Morton 2-2 Draw
28/2/21 -
1/3/21 -
2/3/21 – vs ICT 2-1 Win
3/3/21 -
4/3/21 -
5/3/21 -
6/3/21 – vs Hearts 2-1 Loss
7/3/21 -
8/3/21 –
9/3/21 -
10/3/21 - 
11/3/21 -
12/3/21 -
13/3/21 – Arbroath
14/3/21 -
15/3/21 –
16/3/21 - Ayr United
17/3/21 -
18/3/21 -
19/3/21 - Alloa

Edited by EpicMike

This about floored me.

Jack Hamilton has kept 6 clean sheets in league competition since he joined. 6 clean sheets in 45 games. 2 this season.

Conor Hazard kept 6 clean sheets in 11 games last season for us.

Calum Ferrie has kept 1 in 3 appearances.

49 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

This about floored me.

Jack Hamilton has kept 6 clean sheets in league competition since he joined. 6 clean sheets in 45 games. 2 this season.

Its funny when I can tell one admin is on or the other, the amount of pish like that seems to ramp up then dissipate at equally fast speeds.

They posted this less than 24 hours later.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

30 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Its funny when I can tell one admin is on or the other, the amount of pish like that seems to ramp up then dissipate at equally fast speeds.

They posted this less than 24 hours later.

One of them is the commentator that blethers a lot of shite I believe. Not sure which is which on Twitter!

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

This about floored me.

I’m in total agreement with you Ludo. He is nowhere near good enough to be our goalkeeper and I’ll lose my shit if I see he get’s a contract extension. Maybe that’s harsh and all the rest but the guy has made a great living out of our club in the last 3 years with very, very little in return. The 1st goal on Saturday Hazard would’ve taken the cross. He stands on his line and the ball near goes through him. Never good enough. 

Can' t believe that anyone not related to Jack Hamilton can think that he is a decent enough keeper at this level. Far too many mistakes that cost goals  (and points), inspires zero confidence in either the defence or the fans, very rarely makes saves that you wouldn't expect any half-decent keeper to make and basically ensures that we have to score twice every game to be in with a realistic chance of winning the game.

The fact that he has been, basically, the first choice of three managers beggars belief.

Hand Lol GIF by Justin Gammon - Find & Share on GIPHY

4 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

Can' t believe that anyone not related to Jack Hamilton can think that he is a decent enough keeper at this level. Far too many mistakes that cost goals  (and points), inspires zero confidence in either the defence or the fans, very rarely makes saves that you wouldn't expect any half-decent keeper to make and basically ensures that we have to score twice every game to be in with a realistic chance of winning the game.

The fact that he has been, basically, the first choice of three managers beggars belief.

Hand Lol GIF by Justin Gammon - Find & Share on GIPHY

Calling McCann and McPake managers is very kind.

Say what you want about Jim McIntyre but he brought in Dieng to replace Hamilton and Horsfield to replace Kerr. Just turned out the right back was also painfully bad.

That's what a competent manager (not on about McIntyre) with no ties to the club could give us in a very short time.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

This about floored me.

Absolutely shocking stats, the way he's flapped around in our goal for the past few seasons. Would be lucky to get a game for Carnoustie Panmure. IMO.

Thank you.

Just now, Crawford said:

Jack has never been great let's be honest, but I'm interested to see if any of you think not having the Cox on him before the first whistle has blown has made any difference.

That was his chance, no abuse from the stands. Never made any difference. IMO.

8 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

That was his chance, no abuse from the stands. Never made any difference. IMO.

Completely agree. The only difference I saw was his distribution improved.....until the other night of course.

5 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Jack has never been great let's be honest, but I'm interested to see if any of you think not having the Cox on him before the first whistle has blown has made any difference.

We're not on about someone playing in the Sunday league with a mouth as dry as the sahara desert after a Saturday night stramash here.

This is a professional goalkeeper who the club has paid a fee for. There's players in Argentina who get threatened after defeat and live in fear of their lives. Jack Hamilton maybe gets the odd shout telling him he's shite (which he will be fully aware of that he is) but that has no impact on saving a ball.

He's shite and it's been clear to everyone for years. 'Support the players' is the worst call ever from punters aswell; we pay good money to support this club and we shouldn't have to accept absolute amateurs, especially when it's continuing with the same amateur for three solid years.

Thank you.

48 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Not a single bit of difference. He’s still way out of his depth. Would be interesting if any statos out there (hiya RossB 👋) could work out how many saves he’s made since he joined us and how many goals he’s conceded. Would he have saved as many as 70% of the shots on target in the games he’s played? Tbh I don’t know what the average saves by a keeper is but it must be a stat that’s done somewhere. I honestly don’t think for every 10 shots on target he saves 7 of them. I could be totally wrong and not for the 1st time but I’d genuinely be surprised if he did. It feels to me that unless the shots are hit straight at him, most go in. 🤦🏻‍♂️

If Legzdins was a semi competent keeper we’d be sitting 2nd right now. I presume he must be pretty shit and a waste of money going by lack of game time. 

It’s frustrating as f**k that there are so many glaringly obvious basics to our starting team that are wrong and could fairly easily be rectified. 

Edited by Yenitit

Guest Flash
39 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Not a single bit of difference. He’s still way out of his depth. Would be interesting if any statos out there (hiya RossB 👋) could work out how many saves he’s made since he joined us and how many goals he’s conceded. Would he have saved as many as 70% of the shots on target in the games he’s played? Tbh I don’t know what the average saves by a keeper is but it must be a stat that’s done somewhere. I honestly don’t think for every 10 shots on target he saves 7 of them. I could be totally wrong and not for the 1st time but I’d genuinely be surprised if he did. It feels to me that unless the shots are hit straight at him, most go in. 🤦🏻‍♂️

If Legzdins was a semi competent keeper we’d be sitting 2nd right now. I presume he must be pretty shit and a waste of money going by lack of game time. 

It’s frustrating as f**k that there are so many glaringly obvious basics to our starting team that are wrong and could fairly easily be rectified. 

The stats for the current season are on the SPFL website. You can work out the percentage of saves from this - saves/(saves + goals).

https://spfl.co.uk/stats-centre

Eta link didn’t work properly. Click on Championship then saves.

Edited by Flash