All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Since Charlie has been out, and I’m not saying it’s because of that, we are playing with a much better spirit. Maybe it’s Anderson and McMullen coming into the team and prepared to go forward. McMullen has defo improved us. I’m really beginning to hate Paul Backpass McGowan. Think he’s been here too long. Really hope he drops out when Charlie recovers. He gets the ball in space, maybe there’s nothing on in front of him but he constantly looks to pass it back to Fontaine and Ashcroft. Actually think Fontaine is half decent going forward. Anyway we learnt nothing today as we already knew Hamilton and McDaid are pish.

Agree re; McGowan. Really slows the game down too much when we are trying to push forward. It looks like he needs a 'pass to feet' on before he will play it forward, instead he should be attempting to drop the ball in behind the defence for strikers to run on to. Frustrating to watch at times.

Since Charlie has been out, and I’m not saying it’s because of that, we are playing with a much better spirit. Maybe it’s Anderson and McMullen coming into the team and prepared to go forward. McMullen has defo improved us. I’m really beginning to hate Paul Backpass McGowan. Think he’s been here too long. Really hope he drops out when Charlie recovers. He gets the ball in space, maybe there’s nothing on in front of him but he constantly looks to pass it back to Fontaine and Ashcroft. Actually think Fontaine is half decent going forward. Anyway we learnt nothing today as we already knew Hamilton and McDaid are pish.

Sometimes it’s too easy to rely on a player too much especially when you’ve got someone like Adam in your team at this level. Having a couple of games with Adam out might work in your favour to try other things. At the moment every team will line up against you to nullify Adam’s threat. There’s no doubt he’ll start every game when fit but perhaps these games have allowed your coaches to see other options in games where a team manages to take Adam out the game.

12 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Agree re; McGowan. Really slows the game down too much when we are trying to push forward. It looks like he needs a 'pass to feet' on before he will play it forward, instead he should be attempting to drop the ball in behind the defence for strikers to run on to. Frustrating to watch at times.

Myself and G Man have been saying that for 2-3 years - and got shot down repeatedly.  A massive part of why we rarely hit anyone with a counter attack.  

ETA: I’ve loved that he has given all he has to the club but it’s simply not enough.  Too much sentimentality at our club!

Edited by Shadow Play

36 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

This is not just McGowan. It hardly ever happens from any of our outfield players. I put that down to the manager. Remember McGowan doing a lovely flick on (v Ayr?) for Hemmings to run onto but, yes, very seldom used tactic.

1 hour ago, The Derry said:

What's the point in bringing in a defender from down south to sit behind Ashcroft and Fontaine in the pecking order?  If I was him I'd be away home tonight without as much as a goodbye.  

Agree, would tell McPake to ram it first though, jump in the top spec Merc, and drive back to London.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Myself and G Man have been saying that for 2-3 years - and got shot down repeatedly.  A massive part of why we rarely hit anyone with a counter attack.  

ETA: I’ve loved that he has given all he has to the club but it’s simply not enough.  Too much sentimentality at our club!

Woh woh, woh.  Am I getting left out of this clique? Raging if I am 😡

And yet your manager decided to keep him ?

Look he’s fucking shit. I’d personally drive him through to Weegie land, put him up in a flat on the Great Weegie Road and throw in a couple wraps of smack to keep him going if it meant I’d didn’t have to see him wearing dark blue again. We’ve a useless cunto of a manager, f**k knows why we’ve kept him - although it’s kind off amusing that it has you popping up with a tear stained rant every 20 minutes. You’ve dodged a bullet, get over it ffs.

20 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Woh woh, woh.  Am I getting left out of this clique? Raging if I am 😡

Apologies Yenitit, you’ve said it far more eloquently than GMan or I have in the past.

Apologies GMan 🤣

Edited by Shadow Play

6 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Apologies Yenitit, you’ve said it far more eloquently than GMan or I have in the past.

Apologies GMan 🤣

Thanks for letting me in pal 👍😂 

Would you like to join my ‘Get McPake and Hamilton to f**k’ clique? You’re more than welcome....

Wait a minute I was vehemently against McPake getting a coaching role, never mind the managers job. If you ask nicely I’ll let you in to THAT club.

Also, delighted with his goals but I hadn’t realised what little else Cum Dog contributes.

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Wait a minute I was vehemently against McPake getting a coaching role, never mind the managers job. If you ask nicely I’ll let you in to THAT club.

Also, delighted with his goals but I hadn’t realised what little else Cum Dog contributes.

That club’s a tad harsh Spud!