All things Dundee FC

Don't want to depress people further but I've Googled the stats and Jack Hamilton has a poorer record with penalties that Scott Bain. He's faced considerably fewer pens in his career, but I didn't think that'd be possible!

We start with two wingers, finally - happy with that. Really think we will create more with two out and out wingers. McDaid is better than McGowan as a wide man, simple.

McGowan drops back to the position played under Hartley in a midfield two. He miserably failed due to his pace and weak tackles. He belongs behind the striker and only there. He's going to get overrun in the middle alongside Anderson - especially with Inverness's midfield.

Inverness are a physical side and to combat this McPake has decided to drop our most physical central midfield man and replace him with his favoured winger of the last month or two.

Ashcroft starting ahead of Walcott and we remain with Hamilton in goal. That's enough to take away any sort of positives from the winger situation.

As I said I'm not watching tonight, I've been so sickened by McPake. From the line up i reckon we'll score, it's just a case of the shambolic back line holding out with the slow and young midfield duo protecting them. Odds are they won't.

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Why do you think this? I'm genuinely puzzled when someone says it.

Thank you.

Because although we got off to a pretty bad start to the season, we weren’t getting battered every week. We were losing by the odd goal and weren’t actually playing that badly, it wouldn’t have taken much to turn those performances into results. 

Proof in the pudding is when the useless haddy comes in and loses his 1st 3 games 4-0, 3-0, 5-0. Games a bogey after that. Also St Mirren were utter garbage that year so wouldn’t have taken much to finish above them.

Edited by RossDee01

28 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Because although we got off to a pretty bad start to the season, we weren’t getting battered every week. We were losing by the odd goal and weren’t actually playing that badly, it wouldn’t have taken much to turn those performances into results. 

Proof in the pudding is when the useless haddy comes in and loses his 1st 3 games 4-0, 3-0, 5-0. Games a bogey after that. Also St Mirren were utter garbage that year so wouldn’t have taken much to finish above them.

Fair enough.

Can you remember the performance against Ayr in the cup? A 3 0 pumping and we looked every bit the Championship team.

Motherwell 1 3.
Rangers 4 0.
Hibs 0 3.

We were dreadful. That is three of the five matches before he went. Another one from the beginning of the season run was a 1 0 defeat where we failed to register a chance in Perth and a 1 0 defeat to Aberdeen where we played quite well.

After the three games (including Hearts and Celtic) the results improved rapidly until February under McIntyre. It then fell apart in disgrace as we know.

McCann had in his starting line ups Hamilton, Kerr, Spence, Innis, Moussa, McGowan, Mendy etc. IMO there's not an hope these diddies could've kept us up. Three of them can't even produce in the championship.

The season before was pish aswell from McCann, with the odd highlight. A season that we had to fight to avoid the play offs by the end.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

We got totally bullied, at home, in the first real competitive match of the season v's 1st Division Dunfermline. It was a shambles from start to finish. Not a hope in hell of McCann turning that season around no matter how long he got.

Edit -

McPake >>> McCann :whistle

Edited by Boo Khaki

Credit where credit is due- that was a very competent performance by the Dees tonight. In fact I don't remember them dominating a first half so much in a long time.

That's the bar set - if McDaid, Mullen and Co can put a shift like that they have to do it every week.

The conceded goal was an individual error but on the whole the pairing was improved. Goalkeeper who regularly gets slaughtered on here had a good game too. Anderson's performance reminded me of Kevin Mcdonald in his early years so hopefully he reaches his heights. So plenty of positives.

Fingers crossed we can build on this- why change a winning team!

Hopefully Mullen's head knock wasn't anything seriously. Aside from probably Fontaine for Fagan-Walcott and the fact I think we'd need Byrne in the squad again to terrorise Hearts, I don't think I would change that first XI for Saturday at Tynecastle.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Guest Wieghortsnut
5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Hopefully Mullen's head knock wasn't anything seriously. Aside from probably Fontaine for Fagan-Walcott I don't think I would change that first XI for Saturday at Tynecastle.

If Adam is back he will defo start and mcdaid will get dropped

Neilson’s no mug. He’ll pile cross upon cross on top of the keeper. Got away with 1 horrendous clearance tonight and the other the starting point for the goal conceded which also included him not coming for a cross on his 6 yard line. Pity Ashcroft couldn’t get a better flick on his kick out to help it further up the park. His continued inclusion will come back to bite us on the arse. 

Edited by Yenitit

20/2/21- QOTS  2-3 Loss
21/2/21 -
22/2/21 -
23/2/21 - 
24/2/21 -
25/2/21 -
26/2/21 -
27/2/21- vs Morton 2-2 Draw
28/2/21 -
1/3/21 -
2/3/21 – vs ICT 2-1 Win
3/3/21 -
4/3/21 -
5/3/21 -
6/3/21 – vs Hearts
7/3/21 -
8/3/21 -
9/3/21 - Dunfermline
10/3/21 - 
11/3/21 -
12/3/21 -
13/3/21 - Arbroath
14/3/21 -
15/3/21 –
16/3/21 - Ayr United
17/3/21 -
18/3/21 -
19/3/21 - Alloa

Updated fixture list for Dundee's manic month.