All things Dundee FC

I think Fontaine is massively overhyped because he was delivering the goods at the other end of the pitch. Both are dreadful CH's. Toss up for me who's better - wouldn't argue with someone saying Fontaine is better than Ashcroft as it's like 2 bald men arguing over a comb IMO.
I really like Marshall going forward but am starting to notice just how bad he is defensively. Think he's the strongest out of our back 4 though.
Agree with the rest.

Ashcroft looks like he’s got Parkinson’s. No mobility. I think Fontaine is miles better - although he’s no world beater, clearly. Marshall is one paced, and it’s not rapid. Truth is, they are all pretty pish.
McMullen ripped their defenders to bits with his speed today. Liking that.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think Fontaine is massively overhyped because he was delivering the goods at the other end of the pitch. Both are dreadful CH's. Toss up for me who's better - wouldn't argue with someone saying Fontaine is better than Ashcroft as it's like 2 bald men arguing over a comb IMO.

I really like Marshall going forward but am starting to notice just how bad he is defensively. Think he's the strongest out of our back 4 though.

Agree with the rest.

Am I just weeks ahead of everyone.  Marshall has always been shite defensively.  I'm convinced he is not a left back. Reason he is our "best" defender just shows how bad we are at the back 😞

The whole team bar two or three could get punted and we start again. Sadly this isn't the case and we carry on 

17 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Am I just weeks ahead of everyone.  Marshall has always been shite defensively.  I'm convinced he is not a left back. Reason he is our "best" defender just shows how bad we are at the back 😞

The whole team bar two or three could get punted and we start again. Sadly this isn't the case and we carry on 

From our disturbing point of view G_Man, you're absolutely and alarmingly correct whilst hitting the nail right on the head.

No need to comment further on the current management team, however looking throughout our recent line-ups and yeah, in all honesty all but three or four could gtf. 

Not an ideal scenario, however I cling to other posters thoughts that another manager can get more out of them, individually and collectively.

Clock ticking Mr Nelms.

32 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

No you’re not. I’d be inclined to try him in the non existent left midfield role with the back up left back getting a run in the side behind him. We do have a back up left back don’t we....🤦🏻‍♂️ 

I can see another go at 3-5-1-1 on the horizon 😂

Maybe his mate Gowser can get a game at leftback 😂😂

54 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Yep, said it many times on here before that he can't defend, especially after the 6 2 drubbing at Tannadice and the heavy defeat at Tynecastle.

A team is only as good as its defence and in that case we are absolutely stinking.

People let players away with so much at this club and our current situation is fully deserved. If your average punter like me can point out glaring errors in the squad then it really is a disgrace that nobody employed gives enough of a shit to see them.

For example, continuing with Jack Hamilton over the course of his three year contract when we'd be better off with Dean Shiels after ten pints and a hook to his operational eye in goal.
Saying that the club allowed McPake to bring in a new keeper for the rest of the season, it just appears not enough effort went in to finding the right man.

We have given Forster an option to extend his deal by a year in the summer and will no doubt hand out another two years to Cammy Kerr. Marshall, Elliot and Ashcroft are all tied down for next season aswell.

The likes of McGowan starting every week because of a close relationship with the manager, despite being a mainstay in our years of misery. Doesn't exactly build a confidence within the club having players and managers who only know failure with the club.

The backing of McPakes players has continued from the backing of McCann in his final season and what we have left is the remains of catastrophic club decisions.

If you want to act amateur then reap what you sow.

Absolute shite, Dundee FC.

Thank you.

Apparently Fontaine didn't think he'd be playing today, was told he needed to self-isolate but apparently got the all-clear last night. Seems like both he and Charlie were last-minute. Apparently it's been the "strangest couple of days" in McPake's tenure, seems like they weren't able to train yesterday and told not long after arriving at Dens yesterday by the announcement of Charlie either being positive or having come into contact with someone who has.

McPake clearly impressed with the subs' efforts, think Anderson and Mullen will definitely start on Tuesday.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

Think the squad were pulled in today for extra work - either that or Cammy Kerr is proper weird wandering around the Ferry head to toe in Dundee gear. 

He takes his missus to the park to practice throw ins. He's been spotted wearing specs without glass in them.

He's a no righter.

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

Think the squad were pulled in today for extra work - either that or Cammy Kerr is proper weird wandering around the Ferry head to toe in Dundee gear. 

Advertisement , I like it👍🏼

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

He takes his missus to the park to practice throw ins. He's been spotted wearing specs without glass in them.

He's a no righter.

I was thinking that. The guy he was with was dressed in jeans and jacket. Cammy had running tights, Dundee shorts, sweater and face mask. 

Sounds like Gerry Docherty our physio is the other person self-isolating.

We didn't train Friday night, we didn't do our video analysis of Morton with the squad, Liam Fontaine thought he would be self-isolating until 11:30pm Friday night, McPake didn't know who in the squad could play until Saturday morning.

Sounds like a bit of a disaster.

If he hadn't been such an abysmal manager up until this point, I'd have cut him some slack for yesterday after hearing the clusterfuck Friday-Saturday morning was. McPake says he's overseen some heavy defeats that have kept him up at night but that was the 'strangest' experience of his management career.

Couldn't bring myself to watch yesterday particularly as I was hoping we'd lose to hasten McPake's exit.  When I saw the line up I was particularly glad I hadn't paid to watch. First half against QOS we were brutal, and 2-0 down at half time.  McPake calls that 7 or 8 players could be dropped but Ashcroft, who was stinking, keeps his place, while the MOM from the Raith game doesn't get a look in, Byrne got subbed against QOS, and then we played a lot better, yet he was brought back in. We know Byrne and Robertson can't play in same team together yet there they are in starting line up and both subbed off when we were losing. I know Gowser comes in for a lot of criticism but Byrne slows the pace of our game more so. Kerr played pretty well against QOS but he is dropped. McPake really is from some parallel universe. Of course we don't see them in training but this is how I would see it for the Inverness game - surely a win or jotters time for McPake, please be so

Legzdins (Hamilton not really responsible lately but always an accident waiting to happen)

Kerr  Fagan-Walcott  Fontaine   McDaid

McMullen McGowan Anderson

Mullen

Cummings Afolabi

Don't think it's been highlighted yet because of all the disillusion around the place.
But what the f**k is the script with McDaid snaking back in about? I take it the loan deal is off altogether now and he has been recalled?

He obviously never got the ‘we are calling it a loan but really it’s FUCK RIGHT OFF CUNTO’ memo.