Not fussed about Dorrans leaving at all. I've been of the opinion that he's more of a problem in our midfield than he is the solution to anything. Not athletic and combative enough to be a destroyer or box-to-box type, and doesn't do anywhere near enough with the ball to be a creative force either. It's obvious he was a quality player once upon a time, but he's well past that and looked no better than an average Championship jobber with us. More money for McPake to waste on central midfielders when we've had a glaring problem between the sticks for two full seasons and can't find a decent CB to play beside McGhee

That's Dorrans officially signed with Western Sydney Wanderers, aaaand of course in their website report they say he comes from Dundee United lmao

They're at least sharp enough to fix it

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

That's dorrans and Byrne on the way out. No replacements incoming as the cash is being kept to keep Dundee afloat to the summer.

Mcpake can't be paid off as they can't afford it. Won't happen unless relegation occurs. Which is highly unlikely. In that event Barry Ferguson will be contacted to take over at dens.

It'll be to swallow if it comes down to that but sure yous will manage.

Adam will stick around as he is being paid by the soft loans given to the club in the summer and they aren't immediately repayable.

1 more of the higher earners in talks to leave also but I haven't been given a name by my source close to the club. 90% of the time he is bang on. 

Seems like a good business move to me. You clearly aren't getting anywhere near the promotion or play off place. So get rid of the top earners and tread water until back on your feet.  And in 3 or 4 seasons you might be in a position to challenge.

Edited by Mvondo_the_great

6 hours ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

That's dorrans and Byrne on the way out. No replacements incoming as the cash is being kept to keep Dundee afloat to the summer.

Mcpake can't be paid off as they can't afford it. Won't happen unless relegation occurs. Which is highly unlikely. In that event Barry Ferguson will be contacted to take over at dens.

Adam will stick around as he is being paid by the soft loans given to the club in the summer and they aren't immediately repayable.

1 more of the higher earners in talks to leave also but I haven't been given a name by my source close to the club. 90% of the time he is bang on. 

Seems like a good business move to me. You clearly aren't getting anywhere near the promotion or play off place. So get rid of the top earners and tread water until back on your feet.  And in 3 or 4 seasons you might be in a position to challenge.

Atangana was shite. 

7 hours ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Shut the f**k up you thick c**t. 

7 hours ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

How bad must that have been if that is the fucking edited version!

11 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

How bad must that have been if that is the fucking edited version!

"It'll be to swallow" was my favourite part.

He's been told McGowan is leaving, seems to be flavour of the month with a few United fans on Twitter. 

No idea why Barry Ferguson would be contacted, he was on a podcast last week saying he won't be leaving Kelty for a few years so that's a bad stab in the dark. 

It was a very poor effort by Mvondo. I would say he could learn from this but anyone with a half decent memory will remember his last post in here which had United fans ridiculing it so we have to just live in hope frostbite takes his fingers from him this winter which only leaves his forehead to hit random keys. 

Thank you. 

10 hours ago, doogster said:

Apologies if I missed this, but what happened to Nicholas Hamilton?

He’s psyched up to go between the sticks tomorrow night. 

Like has been said already, Dorrans is a fantastic player on his day, and if we pick up injuries in the middle of the park he will be missed, however he was a luxury we did not need and his wages could be better spent on other areas of the squad/coaching staff. 

Manager

Keeper

Goalkeeping Coach

Centre Half

In that order please.

Thank You.

Edited by RossDee01

37 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Like has been said already, Dorrans is a fantastic player on his day, and if we pick up injuries in the middle of the park he will be missed, however he was a luxury we did not need and his wages could be better spent on other areas of the squad/coaching staff. 

Manager

Keeper

Goalkeeping Coach

Centre Half

In that order please.

Thank You.

Would add in a striker who can a) score regularly and b) stay uninjured too.

50 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Manager

Keeper

Goalkeeping Coach

Centre Half

In that order please.

Thank You.

Aye id go with that also tbh. Also go with a striker ahead of a centre half. Weird signing two boys who will "do a job" in this league yet have nothing to show for it in their career.

I presume sadly none of this will happen until probably next year 

I thought when Danny Mullen came on against Hearts he looked like he had a bit of a belly on him - a few games later and going by the stream from Alloa it looks like the cameras weren't lying. 

I honestly reckon Jakubiak will eventually form a cracking partnership with Afolabi. As far as I'm aware he's not injury prone other than his bad luck at the moment and he could be the missing link between midfield and Afolabi as the more advanced forward.

21 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I mean in a way this solves the "how do we play both Adam and Dorrans?" issue quite a bit. This team just feels like it's falling apart before our eyes though.

Might help cut down options but not sure it solves much at all. We have one winger, McDaid, and I would say in their best position of holding midfielder Robertson and Byrne play the same position (I prefer Robertson as he gets the ball forward better). Don't think playing both in the championship, where creating enough chances to win games is vital for any promotion hopes, will work. If Adam is kept central then for other wide position we have McGowan or Elliot (hasn't impressed me much this season going forward and Cammy is the better defender).  The other youngsters are just too raw, especially in these trying times. There is clearly an imbalance to the squad at the moment, and if McDaid is having a shocker it's emphasised even more.

You are right that it feels like it's falling apart before our eyes. Need to get much more from the players we do have. Hire TW, he'd get it sorted