All things Dundee FC

We don’t see the players in training, so we cant really say how the younger players are performing there. It’s fine saying we have 2 talents on the bench that should have been playing, but if Moore has been the standout all week, then I can see why McPake picked him - players don’t have a right to be picked, they have to earn it. Saying that though - 3 kids in the 1 game is asking a lot. 

I presume McMullen was not completely match fit. 

What were your thoughts on the Raith stream and commentary today.

Really pretty good. The Picture in Picture replays were very professional. The commentators were the most unbiased I’ve heard so far - maybe not ‘homey’ enough for the Raith fans. I’d say you’ve set the bar for the league.

You've changed your tune, that's for sure.
Is it now okay to be negative? No need for you to go over to Tannadice. I didn't know it was down to you to decide when fans can become negative with their clubs situation.
You must have an awful high opinion of yourself which is humerous, considering what a plank of wood you are.
Just have a look back at your desired team from a page ago to see who is the worst poster. You'd like us to drop Osman Sow who is in great scoring form for our next game. You make McPake look like a good option.
Absolutely clueless you are, genuine. 
Thank you.

Is there any need to be so confrontational?

Arbroath and now Raith put 2 men on Charlie Adam and marked him out the game. We need to find creative options elsewhere in the side as this will give others space to play.
As a squad, we have Charlie Adam, Jordan McGhee, Lee Ashcroft, Paul McGowan and Liam Fontaine that have been captains elsewhere yet the squad basically needs Adam to try and grab the game by the throat or we are gubbed.  Some of these players are quite good for us (McGhee in particular) but no-one in our whole squad seems to take some responsibility bar Adam.
Subbing off McMullan was criminal.
And then the desperate narrow 3 up top where even the manager was relying on Charlie Adam to do something as he was the only creative player on the park. Expecting a hoof ball up to 3 strikers.
It's just shockingly piss poor management and McPake is hanging so many players out to dry with his shiteness.

That is always going to be your problem when you have someone like charlie adam in your team. He is head and shoulders above his team mates and everyone in the league but he can be nullified by doing as you mention. So if he is marked out the game then dundee will struggle

4 hours ago, Fifespud said:

My pish has reached a temperature usually found in the centre of a thermonuclear explosion.
This is Kernaghan all over again and even he wasn’t this bad.
Nothing worse than a thicko trying to be smart.

I think there's now a case for McPake to be ranked as even more hopeless than that c**t. Kernaghan wasn't backed to anywhere near the extent that McPake has been. That said, my hatred of Kernaghan, particularly after the Airdrie away thing burned hotter than your aforementioned thermonuclear explosion and it was fairly clear he eventually lost the dressing room. Duffy was emptied far too quickly that season. 

McPake is simply too thick to be a successful manager. Or even an average manager. He does however have enough self-awareness not to resign because he knows fine well he won't get another managerial gig in Scottish League football. 

9 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

McPake is simply too thick to be a successful manager. Or even an average manager. He does however have enough self-awareness not to resign because he knows fine well he won't get another managerial gig in Scottish League football. 

With all due respect to adjacent leagues, once emptied and soon hopefully, James McPake and his best mate wouldn't secure a position at lower Scottish League Two level.

John Nelms, an honest open question, where are your previous two managerial appointments now managing?

Gordon Strachan, plenty to say in the press regarding previous clubs, any views or advice internally or otherwise for your current one?

Comedy gold.

Embarrassment.

1 minute ago, This Charming Man said:

With all due respect to adjacent leagues, once emptied and soon hopefully, James McPake and his best mate wouldn't secure a position at lower Scottish League Two level.

John Nelms, an honest open question, where are your previous two managerial appointments now managing?

Gordon Strachan, plenty to say in the press regarding previous clubs, any views or advice internally or otherwise for your current one?

Comedy gold.

Embarrassment.

McPake's CV is essentially "Did alright with the U18s before making a total c**t of first team management". 

And Nelms has just given him another fucking warchest. Ludicrous. 

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:

McPake's CV is essentially "Did alright with the U18s before making a total c**t of first team management". 

Meet John Nelms - Dundee boss James McPake reveals all about the man behind  the big vote - Daily Record

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

That warchest in any other hands could not have beaten imo. He's done his part. Cheery bye McPake.

The team can't keep playing 4-3-3 without McGhee, it just can't. Would personally like to see something like this against ICT, plenty of pace and attacking intent surrounding Adam, and two steady holding MFs coordinating the ball.
image.png.f302b7bfa6419eaa3a5e99b197b88b19.png 
This is the biggest issue with McPake - too rigid in his formations - a good manager recognises when he does not have the personnel to play his favoured formation and plays one that suits the strengths of the available personnel and the abilities of the opposition.

^ This.

It could be as simple as:

Hamilton

Christie Walcott Fontaine Marshall

McGowan Bryne Adam

McMullen

Sow Cummings

When McGhee replaces McGowan after injury that is a decent 11 in this division. Leave the midfield 3 central which stops McGowans old legs trying to play a wide position. Give McMullen a free role behind two strikers who will get us goals in this division.

Of course it depends on the oppositions tactics whether this is 100% the right way to go. 

The formation McPake sticks with week in week out is only good if you have two capable wide men. We've not got that.

Thank you.

A few people keep putting Elliot in the team , I know there are a lot kerr haters on here , 

but is Elliot a step up from Kerr , personally I don’t so , 

2nd and 3rd goal came from his area , 3rd specially guy leaves him for dead before curling the ball past hamilton 

Kerr not the answer either , but I think he’s contributes more  than Elliot 

14 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

A few people keep putting Elliot in the team , I know there are a lot kerr haters on here , 

2nd and 3rd goal came from his area , 3rd specially guy leaves him for dead before curling the ball past hamilton 

Imo Kerr is the better at 1 on 1 defending, last ditch challenges, closing players down.

Elliot is the better at winning headers, playing the ball out, going forward.

Both quite meh in their own ways.

16 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

Elliott had a few good games at the start, but for me, he has been dreadful for the most part. Kerr isn’t great, but better than him IMO.