Jump to content

Recommended Posts

With the management at Fannydice signing big waged players then asking the others to take 20% wage cuts, I was pleased that we had done this before we kicked a ball. Much neater, albeit unpleasant, and anticipation management at Dens.

I have to say it made me think of an appropriate song-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There may well be more bad news for us and other clubs to come but the way United have handled this situation shows shocking mismanagement and idiocy that makes the Marrs tenure at us look like sensible business decisions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you, or did you not say Ogren was an exceptionally wealthy man with off the radar pits of money totalling well over £100m whilst the discussion was about the sustainability of both Dundee clubs ownership models @ArabianKnight?

I certainly remember laughing you out of the conversation and I'm pretty sure @harry94 was quite quick in telling you to calm down. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

But... I thought @ArabianKnight said Ogren had over £100m ready to splurge all over Tannadice?! :o

 

Aye mind he selt a Jet garage franchise  for aboot £80m 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Did you, or did you not say Ogren was an exceptionally wealthy man with off the radar pits of money totalling well over £100m whilst the discussion was about the sustainability of both Dundee clubs ownership models @ArabianKnight?

I certainly remember laughing you out of the conversation and I'm pretty sure @harry94 was quite quick in telling you to calm down. 

Having a sum of money / assets isn't the same as being willing to splurge it though is it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Having a sum of money / assets isn't the same as being willing to splurge it though is it. 

You're right, it's not. I must ask why you'd bring up how much money Mr Ogren (apparently) has when the discussion was about how much Dundee United have lost over the past few years then - if you didn't expect him to be putting it into Dundee United? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Supposedly a very positive buzz  around Dundee's insurance claim. Would make what's happening across the road that much funnier.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Supposedly a very positive buzz  around Dundee's insurance claim. Would make what's happening across the road that much funnier.

We could just pop in a nice wee bid in for old Tefal head to help our chums across the road out - £50k, same as Kamara should do just fine...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Supposedly a very positive buzz  around Dundee's insurance claim. Would make what's happening across the road that much funnier.

Great news if it comes to fruition. Is it an ongoing claim seeing as fans still are not being allowed back? 

Also; what's Hemmings upto nowadays, reckon he'd come back? :whistle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Great news if it comes to fruition. Is it an ongoing claim seeing as fans still are not being allowed back? 

Also; what's Hemmings upto nowadays, reckon he'd come back? :whistle

Sure he scored at the weekend just there. However his team are sitting bottom...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

Sure he scored at the weekend just there. However his team are sitting bottom...

Scored 2, 3 in his last 4 I think. Before then he was scoreless in 7 or 8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Great news if it comes to fruition. Is it an ongoing claim seeing as fans still are not being allowed back? 

Nobody knows really. Some guy was saying on sky news that his business is only covered from when he lodged the claim and until his policy was up for renewal which happened to be September.

His new policy excludes current endemics and unknown notifiable diseases so is not covered in another lockdown situation.

I guess that means we were/are covered up until renewal too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scott Bain just saved a penalty :o

Edited by RawB93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

f**k off, he fell and it hit him.

It's more than he ever did for us (bar one occasion I think)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I certainly didn't expect to be firing up a stream to watch  Andy Boyle and Michael Duffy playing in the Europa League but here we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Well I certainly didn't expect to be firing up a stream to watch  Andy Boyle and Michael Duffy playing in the Europa League but here we are.

Against Arsenal, no less. Hope they give the Gunners a good go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...