All things Dundee FC

McGhee will be a big loss. He’s very good in the middle of the park and along with Fontaine has made a huge difference to us. Anyone from Gowser, Anderson or Robertson to move into McGhee’s position, no hanging a right back out to dry 😡

Hoping for a left sided attacker,  centre forward and centrehalf personally. With St Johnstone getting Middleton in on loan today I’d like to see us make a move for Michael O’Hallaran. Having only watch Kai Kennedy once and read some reports on him I think we’ve should’ve been going for him on loan instead of him ending up a Raith. 

Edited by Yenitit

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's also confirmed he'll be 'wheeling and dealing' on deadline day which suggests he'll be punting some and bringing others in. Bit of the Hartley about McPake as he blatantly lied in his previous conference saying he wouldn't be doing that because it'd be an insult to those that took a paycut.

I can't see an issue on those who took a pay cut if the wages budget doesn't change. Like punting McDaid and brining someone else in on the same wage or less.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

I can't see an issue on those who took a pay cut if the wages budget doesn't change. Like punting McDaid and brining someone else in on the same wage or less.

Possibly the money on the horizon for Hendry could fund this or the 60k the Foundation has put into the club so far. 

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's also confirmed he'll be 'wheeling and dealing' on deadline day which suggests he'll be punting some and bringing others in. Bit of the Hartley about McPake as he blatantly lied in his previous conference saying he wouldn't be doing that because it'd be an insult to those that took a paycut.

It would have to be the case that we're punting some to make room, considering the amount of wages we're paying rn, which Scott Burns backed up yesterday.

20210125_124544.jpg.47ea0027f6e73d181ffe570a52b7d1c7.jpg

Hopefully there's some truth in McDaid going to ICT sooner rather than later, and McMullan coming here. There is a couple of others that I wouldn't have much problem saying cheerio to just now.

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

It would have to be the case that we're punting some to make room, considering the amount of wages we're paying rn, which Scott Burns backed up yesterday.

20210125_124544.jpg.47ea0027f6e73d181ffe570a52b7d1c7.jpg

Hopefully there's some truth in McDaid going to ICT sooner rather than later, and McMullan coming here. There is a couple of others that I wouldn't have much problem saying cheerio to just now.

Might be that we're crying poverty but we actually have a little bit to play with. Hendry 60k, the insurance, the foundation - Most would be used to plug holes, but better situation than most clubs in Scotland.

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Hopefully there's some truth in McDaid going to ICT sooner rather than later, and McMullan coming here.

And here was me thinking maybe we'd have two wingers on the books, at the same time!

Also think some people are being a little naive in thinking any extra money coming into the club atm will be going straight into the transfer budget. Sounds like we'll need to offload before we bring in. 

2 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

In fairness any bonus wedge we get from the Hendry sale should really be going to those who've taken pay cuts. 

That and I wouldn't trust McPake with it anyway. 

Any money coming into the clubs pockets should be. Stick spending money on players then United and Caley's whining gets the season stopped. It isn't as if we'd be going up anyway. 

Keep the cash in reserve (after paying the full wages of players) and go again next season with it, IMO. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Any money coming into the clubs pockets should be. Stick spending money on players then United and Caley's whining gets the season stopped. It isn't as if we'd be going up anyway. 

Keep the cash in reserve (after paying the full wages of players) and go again next season with it, IMO. 

I’m surprised in you Dele, that’s a bit defeatist. Finances are paramount but if the money can be spared it’s got to be used to reinvest in the 1st team and have a right good go at promotion in the next 4 months. We’re 2/3 half decent players away from having a real chance of promotion provided we can stay injury free. 

Edited by Yenitit

Thanks Ross. I was so upset when he said ‘I will be here on the last day of the window’ I could hardly focus on what he said.
Get McMullen in in time to rip those Ayr cuntos a new arsehole.
Drug McDaid and stick him on their team bus during the match. Return to sender.

Just cannot see McPake gaining promotion, whether by winning the league or play offs. Never mind McMullen, he could sign Ronaldo, and  still manage to f**k it up. IMO.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

Mike Barile was on Sportsound there defending United's decision to get the begging bowls out and even called us 'the wee' team without any sense of irony to Charlie Adam.

He was about crying that we are getting a grant due to us being 'incompetent'.

He was treated like the joke figure he is.

@Yenitit Clearly had a word with Charlie Adam as he was going on about how United have more staff than any other club in Scotland with lots of people 'head of nothing.

Mike Barile was on Sportsound there defending United's decision to get the begging bowls out and even called us 'the wee' team without any sense of irony to Charlie Adam.
[mention=63631]Yenitit[/mention] Clearly had a word with Charlie Adam as he was going on about how United have more staff than any other club in Scotland with lots of people 'head of nothing.

Surprised they let the cunt on the radio.

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

@Yenitit Clearly had a word with Charlie Adam as he was going on about how United have more staff than any other club in Scotland with lots of people 'head of nothing.

The same Mike Barile that was found 'incompetent' as a teacher, after getting bullied by the 'wee' ones?