All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Would we not only get 10% of the profit?

Depends on what the clause states, but I'd believe that would be the percentage. If it's the reported £1.75 million that Celtic would be receiving from Oostende, we'd get £175k, and tbh I'd be pleasantly surprised if it were any more than that. Still plenty to work with at this level though.

Edit: Only just clicked now what you meant, tit that I am. If it was just a percentage of the profit, that leaves us with £25k. Still a nice bit of phree munny, but would be disappointing comparatively. Here's hoping it's the former.

3 hours ago, Crawford said:

I'm not buying the 10% thing.

We got next to nothing for Kane the first time and most of Greg's sale was "add ons" contingent on X, y and z. 

We are the masters of getting buttons.

Are you referring to other sell on clauses or just their sales? We'd already sold Hendry for the club record, fair to say that we considered him one for the future. Why would McCann insist on a sell on clause if it wasn't in there?

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

56 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Depends on what the clause states, but I'd believe that would be the percentage. If it's the reported £1.75 million that Celtic would be receiving from Oostende, we'd get £175k, and tbh I'd be pleasantly surprised if it were any more than that. Still plenty to work with at this level though.

Are you referring to other sell on clauses or just their sales? We'd already sold Hendry for the club record, fair to say that we considered him one for the future. Why would McCann insist on a sell on clause if it wasn't in there?

We’ve received more from 3 of McCanns players than we have in the last 20 Years? No matter what you say the guys got an eye for potential 

10 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

We’ve received more from 3 of McCanns players than we have in the last 20 Years? No matter what you say the guys got an eye for potential 

Yep.  A head scout perhaps.  A football manager - never ( as demonstrated by the fact that it has only ever been Nelms that thought McCann could be a good manager).

11 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Edit: Only just clicked now what you meant, tit that I am. If it was just a percentage of the profit, that leaves us with £25k. Still a nice bit of phree munny, but would be disappointing comparatively. Here's hoping it's the former.

Obviously depends on the clause and all that but would you not be due to give Wigan a slice of any money you receive for Hendry as well? That put a dent in the original fee the club ended up with did it not?

Edited by capt_oats

Obviously depends on the clause and all that but would you not be due to give Wigan a slice of any money you receive for Hendry as well? That put a dent in the original fee the club ended up with did it not?
5% of every transfer fee goes to solidarity payments towards that clubs youth development. In this case that's Celtic, Thistle, Peterborough, Wigan, United and Dundee.

Whether the sell on is profit including or excluding the solidarity percentage will depend on what was written. Dundee's own obligation for a sell on to Wigan was finalised at the last deal and doesn't carry long term.

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I think McPakes signings have been pretty good to be fair.

Hemmings

Johnson

Adam

McGhee

Marshall

Berra

Byrne.

Compared to some of the signings previous managers have made these are not too bad.

You missed out Forster.

7 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

You missed out Forster.

Tbf signings like that happen even to the best in the world , for every Alison bekker there’s a loris karius or every Sadio mane there’s a Dominic solanke 

50 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Hemmings

Johnson

Adam

McGhee

Marshall

Berra

Byrne.

Compared to some of the signings previous managers have made these are not too bad.

All of those top signings and we're still in this stinking league. Not really a counterpoint as I agree with what you've been saying, just very frustrating.

On 23/01/2021 at 14:24, Yenitit said:

Marshall as one who was cheaper, he will be on what the rest are after signing a new deal having knocked back premier league teams. 

Do folk believe he was offered terms by Premiership teams? 

I could see maybe Hamilton, at a push but they wouldn't compete with us financially. 

23 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Apparently Inverness are looking at McDaid. 

If McPake blocks this move I'll fucking ruin his other knee. 

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

All of those top signings and we're still in this stinking league. Not really a counterpoint as I agree with what you've been saying, just very frustrating.

It wasn’t necessarily a defence of McPake. Was more of a comment on someone who said they wouldn’t trust him with the money. I’d trust him with the money, not so sure I’d trust him with the players themselves.

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

It wasn’t necessarily a defence of McPake. Was more of a comment on someone who said they wouldn’t trust him with the money. I’d trust him with the money, not so sure I’d trust him with the players themselves.

I would agree, McPake's signings have been generally decent I'd say, just wish it was someone else coaching the team.

3 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Hemmings

Johnson

Adam

McGhee

Marshall

Berra

Byrne.

For me it shows how well he's been backed. Nelms has been pretty clueless overall, including the vote scandal, but he has backed the clowns he's appointed, that's for sure.

Would a credible manager of been able to use the same budget to have us competing with the bog standard DAB team last year? We couldnt even muster a challenge. McPake being given a season to bed in is very generous from some fans. Wouldn't it of made more sense for a manager to come in who had the potential to take us straight back up. 

Saying that McPake was backed to the hilt and the aim was promotion . McPake and his players failed miserably despite some fan leniency. We entered the season with a dreadful Jack Hamilton as our number 1 and the likes of Danny Johnson was used sparingly as McPake couldn't work out a formation for him and Hemmings to play. 

This year alot of Dundee fans have a defeatist attitude regarding Hearts greater infrastructure and budgets. Why don't they feel the same about Dundee when we're failing year in year out against teams of lower resources.

What we need at this club is a manager with no ties to the club. Someone who will come in with no relationships formed with those in the playing squad or a feeling towards the club from playing days. Someone who will rid the club of the likes of Cammy Kerr in an instance. Only then will we improve.

At the moment we're wasting time with McPake. I look five years down the line and see us in no better state than we currently are. Most likely we'll be going into his third year in this league next season and we're no better off under him than we wouldve been with McIntyre - someone who has won this league before. That's maybe too much for some to accept but it's true.

We need change ASAP, from top to bottom; starting with a cleansing of our current squad. Players who have been part of miserable and failed season after season. Not since Hartleys team of Harkins, Stewart, Hemmings, Thomson etc have I seen a manager trying to build a real identity into their team.

Make no mistake Hartley had to go when he did. What was the best we could come up with? Neil McCann the gobshite pundit who wanted us to play champagne football with buckfast players. That's also a big reason why we are where we are today. 

The club needs reformed from top to bottom. Until it is we're going nowhere.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

41 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I would agree, McPake's signings have been generally decent I'd say, just wish it was someone else coaching the team.

You can't have it both ways, hence the reason I wouldn't give him a cent.