All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

Just watched the post match interview with Charlie Adam.  He gave credit to what the team worked on in training for the first goal and gave credit to McGowan’s shout for the second goal.   Also showed a bit of humour talking about his pace.  What a genuinely humble person he is.   A great ambassador for the club.  Love the guy.

He might just drag our club up from the position it’s in now. Hope he’s around the club for a long time. 

Might be once again screaming for head in a month knowing this club, but all credit to McPake tonight, got it spot on on the pitch. Biggest win of his managerial career by far, and easily his best run. Of course it's largely down to Charlie Adam and others such as Shaun Byrne, Osman Sow and even Jack Hamilton tonight, but ask Charlie who signed him. I'm really happy he got a win in a big game for once.

3 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Thought Popescu and Hladky were St Mirren’s best player when we went down. 

They weren't there that season. 

2 hours ago, The Derry said:

Is Charlie our best signing since Cannigia?

Without doubt for me. There have been players like Stewart, Hemmings, Harkins (who it could be argued) but Adam is genuinely a golden nugget in a field full of scabies infested, watery shite. He's carrying diarrhoea on his hunchback to a second place finish. 

The rest of the squad should be made to kiss the ground he walks on. Apart from Fin, he can give him a hauner once a week. 

14 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Might be once again screaming for head in a month knowing this club, but all credit to McPake tonight, got it spot on on the pitch. Biggest win of his managerial career by far, and easily his best run. Of course it's largely down to Charlie Adam and others such as Shaun Byrne, Osman Sow and even Jack Hamilton tonight, but ask Charlie who signed him. I'm really happy he got a win in a big game for once.

It hasn’t stopped and there are now too many more than decent manager’s out of a job up here. He’ll continue to be for a long time yet only 1 game away from wanting him out the door. His fuckwit, tactical interventions has cost us big time this season from which we won’t recover and shouldn’t be forgotten because we’ve won 1 game that few expected us to. Even including the 1st game of the season shitshow we could’ve and possibly should’ve been top of the league if it wasn’t for his 70th minute interventions. 

His choice in the goalkeeping department has caused us major problems. Hamilton has definitely played better the last 4 games but has still flogged goals in 3 of them. Would be fickle to change minds so easily.

Great win tonight tho. Charles has been absolutely outstanding tho and dragging the club along imo.

Edited by Yenitit

4 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

They were. Not that it really matters tho 👍

You're absolutely right. For some reason I thought St Mirren won promotion through the play off and United were relegated through that. How could I forget Mr Wighton's shining moment? 

Wholehearted apologies, sir. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

You're absolutely right. For some reason I thought St Mirren won promotion through the play off and United were relegated through that. How could I forget Mr Wighton's shining moment? 

Wholehearted apologies, sir. 

Craig in 90+3. Deary me!

No apologies required laddie. 

Edited by Yenitit

16 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

It hasn’t stopped and there are now too many more than decent manager’s out of a job up here. He’ll continue to be for a long time yet only 1 game away from wanting him out the door. His fuckwit, tactical interventions has cost us big time this season from which we won’t recover and shouldn’t be forgotten because we’ve won 1 game that few expected us to. Even including the 1st game of the season shitshow we could’ve and possibly should’ve been top of the league if it wasn’t for his 70th minute interventions. 

His choice in the goalkeeping department has caused us major problems. Hamilton has definitely played better the last 4 games but has still flogged goals in 3 of them. Would be fickle to change minds so easily.

Great win tonight tho. Charles has been absolutely outstanding tho and dragging the club along imo.

Agree totally regarding our current managers' position.

Charlie Adam simply put is our clubs future and not only to be confined to the playing front, imho.

Only time will tell I suppose.

Merely my totally blinkered opinion.

Great result tonight.

3 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Agree totally regarding our current managers' position.

Charlie Adam simply put is our clubs future and not only to be confined to the playing front, imho.

Only time will tell I suppose.

Merely my totally blinkered opinion.

Great result tonight.

Agree 100%. We’re onto a winner with Charles. 

I still don't think we have a terribly exciting future with McPake as our manager (and he should have been binned by now), but fair play to him tonight and for the 6 match unbeaten run he has us on. Deserves a bit of credit for it. It was his call to pair McGhee & Byrne in the middle and that's made an incredible difference and allowed Charlie Adam to work his magic. He even seems to be getting a song out of Osman Sow right now so fair play and long may it continue.

Edited by Ludo*1

22 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Byrne setting the tone in the very 1st minute is how I want my team to perform every week. 

When I saw that tackle I was immediately reminded of Calum Butcher's tackle on Byrne in the Derby game at Dens last season, and I thought "hopefully that sets the tone as it did for them that night." It definitely did, and hopefully sets the tone for 2021. Adam, Byrne and McGhee strolling it right now.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

When I saw that tackle I was immediately reminded of Calum Butcher's tackle on Byrne in the Derby game at Dens last season, and I thought "hopefully that sets the tone as it did for them that night." It definitely did, and hopefully sets the tone for 2021. Adam, Byrne and McGhee strolling it right now.

The 3 you’ve mentioned in your last sentence really are. 2 pacey wide players with a bit of quality would be perfect in January and bring a different dimension to us. 

Really enjoyable game today and credit to McPake. Like others I still don’t think he’s the man to lead us forward but there has been a marked improvement so far and happy to be proved wrong as thought we were in for a hiding today. Just a joy to watch Charlie Adam in a Dundee top and he certainly seems to have the passion for the club that we need going forward. Happy new year to all fellow Dees, an enjoyable Saturday night :cheers

Great result tonight. It still pains me a little to think that if we hadn't lost a couple of last minute goals in earlier games we would be pushing these Jambo c***s so much closer.

But to be fair to McPake, he hasn't made the ridiculous substitutions from those games and has clearly learned.

Long may this good scoring run continue and hopefully we can tighten up the back in the transfer window.

Yep, we’ve all torn into McPake when he was getting it so spectacularly wrong so only fair that we give him massive amounts of credit not only for the run we’re on but learning from the first game of the season and giving that c**t Neilson a schooling on how to set up a football team. That was men against boys last night and if more teams get at Hearts and press them high this season they’ll beat them as their team of auld c***s can’t deal with it. 

McPake is starting to learn from the silly subs he was making late on in games which I’m sure he himself would admit have cost us a few points., and he’s getting something out of players like Byrne who I’m not sure any of us on here thought possible 12 months ago. 

Althoigh I think we’re still too far back to mount any title challenge, I think we would all accept a comfortable second place finish and the opportunity to give ourselves a right good go in the playoffs which again, I did not expect to be saying a couple of weeks ago.

Fair fucks, McPake. DDYB.