All things Dundee FC

Wouldn’t break my neck to keep Marshall. Pretty limited imo.

Agreed with Ludo re Byrne and McGhee - particularly Byrne. He’s been excellent - needs to take an occasional risk offensively as he’s got a decent touch but I guess that’s not his game.

Osman Sow, what a guy. He always walked a fine line between perma injured uncoordinated giraffe and “actually he looks like he could be pretty decent”. I’m pleased he has found some form, it’s never nice seeing someone have a difficult time through injuries (rather than just being rubbish).

6 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Was thinking this the other day, apparently Jim McLean payed shite basic wages but great win bonuses, might be something in that.

Did he not dock DABS players their bonus when they gubbed someone (the 'well?) by 5 or 6 cos he decided they had played shite? Great manager but an arse at times too. 

3 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Osman Sow, what a guy. He always walked a fine line between perma injured uncoordinated giraffe and “actually he looks like he could be pretty decent”. I’m pleased he has found some form, it’s never nice seeing someone have a difficult time through injuries (rather than just being rubbish).

Would you stop being so reasonable? You're a DAB and meant to be an gibbering numpty... :)

Anyway, Happy New Year to you.

I know. Fair play to Dundee, they are getting a tune out of him, which we never managed to do. Still, he left Coll Donaldson on his arse when he scored his one and only goal for us, so I will always remember him with affection. In all seriousness its good that (so far) he has remained fit, as based on his Hearts form he is one hell of a player when on song.

1 hour ago, Spikethedee said:

Would you stop being so reasonable? You're a DAB and meant to be an gibbering numpty... :)

Anyway, Happy New Year to you.

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Stu’s one of the very, very, very few good lads for a dab. 

To be honest I'm just playing the long game (a very, very long game). I'll spend years lulling you all into a false sense of security before becoming an absolute c**t.

Corners!

Over the last few years I can’t remember corners being a good source of goals for the Dees. Yet with Liam Fontaine’s goal last night from Charlie’s corner that makes FOUR matches in a row we’ve scored a goal from a corner. And Fontaine has scored three of them: v Inverness; v Dunfermline; and v Alloa last night. Sow, of course, got one at QOS.  
It’s very nice to have that threat, so let’s make it 5 in a row versus The Jambos.  

7 minutes ago, Chateau Lafite said:

Corners!

Over the last few years I can’t remember corners being a good source of goals for the Dees. Yet with Liam Fontaine’s goal last night from Charlie’s corner that makes FOUR matches in a row we’ve scored a goal from a corner. And Fontaine has scored three of them: v Inverness; v Dunfermline; and v Alloa last night. Sow, of course, got one at QOS.  
It’s very nice to have that threat, so let’s make it 5 in a row versus The Jambos.  

The long throw from Fontaine is as good as a corner as well. IMO.

7 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

The long throw from Fontaine is as good as a corner as well. IMO.

It’s effective, yes, but we’ve not had four matches in a row where that’s resulted in a goal- Sow’s third at Palmerston was from a long throw knocked on to the back post. 

16 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Plaudits will be going Sow and Adam's way and rightly so but McGhee and Byrne have made our midfield considerably more balanced from earlier on in the season.

Aye id agree on this.

Just need to get a good player beside Sow and replace McGowan and fhats midfield and upfront sorted.

Defence and new goalkeeper required and that be lovely 

37 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Aye id agree on this.

Just need to get a good player beside Sow and replace McGowan and fhats midfield and upfront sorted.

Defence and new goalkeeper required and that be lovely 

So far this season the midfield and strikers have created plenty of opportunities to score in each game. Arguably we need a right back, left back and centrehalf that can defend competently and mainly concentrate on that side of the game. 

Oh and get Legzdins in the goal. 

10 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

So far this season the midfield and strikers have created plenty of opportunities to score in each game. Arguably we need a right back, left back and centrehalf that can defend competently and mainly concentrate on that side of the game. 

Oh and get Legzdins in the goal. 

I disagree on the LB but fair enough. Otherwise I think this post is spot on. Particularly the final sentence.

At the moment, there's no a lot wrong in our forward areas or in midfield. We could use a bit of width to change things up but defence is priority.

51 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I disagree on the LB but fair enough. Otherwise I think this post is spot on. Particularly the final sentence.

At the moment, there's no a lot wrong in our forward areas or in midfield. We could use a bit of width to change things up but defence is priority.

I’m in a bit of a dilemma regards Marshall. Gets up and down the park great and is a great outlet but think his final ball let’s him down more often than not and defending is the worst part of his game. I want the defenders to be good defenders 1st and foremost anything else is a bonus. A right back like Rooney at the Saintees or Jason Naismith would be ideal. Think he’s got a good number of years ahead of him as a full time professional and giving him a 2 or 3 year deal might be one less hassle for the future and possibly worth persevering with it. Like we should’ve done with Dave Mackay, Lee Mair, Stevie Milne etc years ago.

Yeah an out and out winger with pace to give our play different options would be ideal.

Oor Charles pinging balls in behind the opposing team with a flying winger to run onto them 😍

Edited by Yenitit