All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

A shite winger who’s not a DAB or a shite winger who is a DAB?

Really not a hard choice tbh

I think for a shite team in the championship he fits in well. Genuinely believe this is his level. Plus if we ever did get promoted ( was a good joke tbh ) of course we would drop more or less the entire squad 

6 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

I think for a shite team in the championship he fits in well. Genuinely believe this is his level. Plus if we ever did get promoted ( was a good joke tbh ) of course we would drop more or less the entire squad 

You'd be great at selling this club to potential players.  

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Probably be a decent signing to help get you up, shame you'll likely give him a 3 year deal on Premiership wages.

Okaydokes, once you've stopped guffawing and composed yourself again, could you kindly forward Tommy Wrights mobile number.

Thanks in advance.

Wonder how people would react if he wasn't a United player, maybe a little less of a knee-jerk. He's a kind of player we don't really have right now and would be well in his level in the Championship, so aside from emotional reasons it really doesn't seem that bad a move imo.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

27 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Wonder how people would react if he wasn't a United player, maybe a little less of a knee-jerk. He's a kind of player we don't really have right now and would be well in his level in the Championship, so aside from emotional reasons it really doesn't seem that bad a move imo.

I’m still getting over us signing our last United reject direct from Tannadice.  So good he was that when he left Dens he moved to Connah’s Quay Nomads.  United must still be laughing that we took him off their hands. 

Keeping it hopefully on a professional level as this is controversial, we may as well make an approach instead for dyed-in-the-wool United man Ryan Dow.

He's 10 times the player Paul McMullan ever will be, imho, DAB or not.

If we wish to remain in the Championship, continue to sign the McDaids and target the McMullans, that'll be mission safely accomplished until James McPake is finally dismissed.

Regards and merely my concerned opinion.  

51 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Wonder how people would react if he wasn't a United player, maybe a little less of a knee-jerk. 

I posted on their forum last season and the one before that he's shite. He's a less skillful, more direct Declan McDaid. 

A shitehouse of a player who somehow manages to pull the wool over certain groups of supporters eyes because he can run really fast and look dangerous. 

McMullan tore this league apart last season. I’d take him. Could he be the dab equivalent of Martin Boyle? 

Seeing he’s being mentioned as well I’d try for Appere at Dens as well. 

Having said that they’re dabs, get them so far tae f**k. 

33 minutes ago, The Derry said:

If we want to sign someone who's really fast, a bit of a headless chicken but can somehow still score goals let's just ask Simon Murray back.  

I'm not advocating getting Murray back but the basis of your point is absolutely spot on. 

Aperre on the other hand, I'd welcome with open arms. The new Tommy Coyne. 

11 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

McMullan tore this league apart last season. I’d take him. Could he be the dab equivalent of Martin Boyle? 
Seeing he’s being mentioned as well I’d try for Appere at Dens as well. 
Having said that they’re dabs, get them so far tae f**k. 

Louis Appere I can't help but feel reminds me of Ian Redford making his way in the game at Dens Park, only physically stronger.

If he's 40% as talented as Ian Redford I'd pay them a transfer fee, however sod developing any players on loan from these sphincters! 

Regards

7 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Louis Appere I can't help but feel reminds me of Ian Redford making his way in the game at Dens Park, only physically stronger.

If he's 40% as talented as Ian Redford I'd pay them a transfer fee, however sod developing any players on loan from these sphincters! 

Regards

Getting anyone on loan fae the filth is an absolute no no. 

3 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Not wanting to sign McMullan because he's a DAB is peak DFC tinpottery. He's far better than McDaid and is a monumental pain in the arse as an opposing player, which is generally a good sign for a winger.

The sign of the dabs best players is measured by the amount of abuse he gets from us. Thon nae neck, diving wee b*****d got plenty off us not because of any of that but because he’d cause us problems in each game with his pace opening us up. Last season him and Shankland were the only 2 players at their club we wouldn’t want playing against us. 

The players contracted past this season are Adam, Ashcroft, Mullen, Byrne and Jakubiak up until 2022, and the youth players with new contracts (Anderson, Robertson, etc) up until 2023. McMullan included, I'd say that's a pretty strong backbone for a new team next season for whoever is making it. If the players contracted until the end of this season want to stay here, they'll really need to pick their games up imo... unless McPake just re-signs them all... lol