All things Dundee FC

8 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Is the official site forum still on the go? I sacked it after some dafty absolutely lost his shit trying to depend his right to scream relentless abuse at Juan Sara. "Eh paid meh money". f**k off. 

Nah. that was binned years ago but TDB did a spin off on the abck of it and that's the one we're referring to. A bit of a loony bin at times.

Official report from Scott Burns on it, Legzdins currently training with the club. Disappointing that there's no mention of a defender training with the club as well.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/adam-legzdins-dundee-transfer-radar-22999488

If we do sign Fontaine, surely he has to be little more than backup. He'll be behind McGhee, Ashcroft and Forster.

One slim positive there then I suppose would be that he did play plenty games for County last season, so his fitness seems OK. Idk though, I'm not going to judge just yet.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

19 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If we do sign Fontaine, surely he has to be little more than backup. He'll be behind McGhee, Ashcroft and Forster.

One slim positive there then I suppose would be that he did play plenty games for County last season, so his fitness seems OK. Idk though, I'm not going to judge just yet.

I'm hoping if we sign him he'll be behind McGhee and Ashcroft but in front of the big fud Forster

Pleased to see a new keeper bring trialed. I’m much more concerned about the goalkeeping position than the centre half. Both Hamilton and Ferry are not up to the level of the Championship and McPake knows this- hence Conor Hazard’s presence last season. Hopefully this ex Burnley lad is better than those two currently here. 
The centre half problem is significantly reduced if the keeper is proactive and dominations his area- Raith’s equaliser epitomises the absence of competence in the goal keeping department. No need to list the Flapjack flogs. 
it, however, leads me to wonder if the one consistent factor in the shitey goalkeeper scenario is not due to coaching? Is Rab Geddes perhaps the problem?