All things Dundee FC

Dorrans turned down 2 clubs in the last 2 windows to stay with us. McPake saying he was offered considerably more money from those clubs but that Dorrans was settled and only willing to leave if something life changing came up and 2 years in Australia is exactly that.
Says that this is a hugely important cup for us and that he and Mackay went to watch Cove on Saturday.  As Ross says above, McPake confirms Afolabi is touch and go but he has a weird wry smile when asked about it. Osman Sow is the same.
Praises Paul Hartley and says that only Hearts, Dunfermline & Cove from the lower leagues that won't sit back against us and that Cove will be 'gung-ho'. He says that's that Paul Hartley's teams do. Goes on to say that Hartley will have his squad believing that we are fragile. (He then pays respect to Raith saying they 'had a go as well to be fair to them'.)
He goes on about pressure and how our fans expect Dundee to win every game and expect us to qualify from the group and still win every game even if Hibs are in it and that's what he expects too. Says that he knows we've 'not quite delivered' so far then corrects himself and says, 'nevermind quite, we've just not delivered at all' but we 'are working ever so hard and will get there'.

The first paragraph just means nothing. It makes Dorrans, McPake and to a lesser extent the club look good but nobody will every be able to verify it. Graeme Dorrans has been a MASSIVE disappointment. McGowan gets slagged constantly for slowing the game down, losing the ball etc - Dorrans has been worse imo.

As for the last paragraph that’s just a pile of shite. None of us ‘expect’ us to beat Hibs. We hope that on a really great day from us, with Hibs off firm we COULD beat them. I expect us to lose 8 out of 10 games to Hibs at the moment.
I do expect to take more than 5 points out of 12 though against the teams we’ve played. I done expect to get totally horsed by Hearts, to lose 3 against Alloa.
It’s not fans expectations that are the problem James, it’s the fact you are shite at your job. f**k right off.

for what its worth  (and i rarely comment on other teams gaffers ) Mcpake is not the right man for you

rather obvious to me and you lot.  but your board need a kick up the bahookie for not doing the right thing 

rookie managers should normally come through the ranks via lower league teams , yes there has been some exception 

SG at Rangers an example 

but  it becomes obvious after some time , not nice wanting to sack your manager though but its a jungle out there in 

football land 🥴

Wish we actually were discussing possible managerial appointments atm with mcpake sacked, with my top choice being TW out of the options mooted on here.

Whether a defeat/bad result to Cove does result in mcpake going or not, I'm not confident in Dundee giving the new manager time during the int. break to get used to the squad/club if we do get someone new in.

Was early on in the season when McCann was sacked and that was done with a few days of the int. break to go, whereas the sensible time was at the start instead.

Regardless of whether we fail to beat Cove and hibs or not, or whether we're still in the cup or not, i can't see us sacking him now. Reckon itll be closer to christmas if results continue in the current trend. [emoji58][emoji3596]

5 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

Wish we actually were discussing possible managerial appointments

Mate, that's all that gets fucking discussed in here. It's almost like it's ooooonnnneeee big waste of time.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Surely I can’t be the only one thinking Adam would be a poor choice as manager, the guy has too many tasks as it is , player, captain, double assists and goals, focal point of the team add to that now part time management, surly the less burdens we can give him the better for us not more

Mate, that's all that gets fucking discussed in here. It's almost like it's ooooonnnneeee big waste of time.
Yeah, meant to add it in the original post. We're all talking as if he's been sacked, as if dundee have done the sensible thing already [emoji23]

Surely I can’t be the only one thinking Adam would be a poor choice as manager, the guy has too many tasks as it is , player, captain, double assists and goals, focal point of the team add to that now part time management, surly the less burdens we can give him the better for us not more

No you’re not. You’re right.

6 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

You're not. That would a shambles of a decision. In the unlikely event that Nelms does the right thing instead of dithering and torpedoing another season, he absolutely has to get the next appointment right. Obviously he won't but it's nice to dream  😂

9 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

Plus he has a load of other commitments outwith the club he'd have to give up.