All things Dundee FC

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Paul Hartley's Cove 1 up against Forfar already. He won manager of the month, they're top of the league with a perfect start to the season (ahead of Falkirk and Partick Thistle - the latter are having an absolute mare)

This isn't a post from me saying get him in. It's more of a post commenting that it'd be rather poetic for it to be him that sticks the knife in on Tuesday night to his former protege.

Let it go Ludo.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

No, the stuff about Hartley coming back and how wonderful he is.

I don't think you read the post I made properly. I explicitly stated it was a comment about Tuesday opposed to previous comments I'd made.

As an a side, I don't think it's something that should be, 'let go' just because you disagree either. 

Barry Smith's first game in charge of Alloa was the downfall of John Brown. I reckon Hartley on Tuesday night could be the final nail for McPake is all I was getting at.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Barry Smith's first game in charge of Alloa was the downfall of John Brown. I reckon Hartley on Tuesday night could be the final nail for McPake is all I was getting at.

I didn't think it was possible for me to love Pep more but you've just opened my eyes to the possibility. 

Don't break my heart, Paul. 

30 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Paul Hartley's Cove 1 up against Forfar already. He won manager of the month, they're top of the league with a perfect start to the season (ahead of Falkirk and Partick Thistle - the latter are having an absolute mare)

This isn't a post from me saying get him in. It's more of a post commenting that it'd be rather poetic for it to be him that sticks the knife in on Tuesday night to his former protege.

I’m sure I read on here after we played Cove last year that people standing behind our dugout said McPake was being an arsehole to Hartley throughout the game and that he’d made an arse of himself. I believe in karma!

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Lol, just saw this. What motivation does he have to leave a team that will likely will be competing with us for the Championship playoffs next season?

image.png.65f2390656be68d96b4df6cb86aa8b9f.png

He's been off the pies during lockdown.

Dearie Me

I hardly ever post on any forum but frustration overtakes.

WE talk about lack of ambition, justifiably in my opinion but how can we complain when the suggestions for ANOTHER manager lack exactly that  (ambition) and also any new thinking or innovation. A rehash of oldies with the exception of the ex farmer. JHC.

Maybe fans get exactly what they deserve.

19 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't think you read the post I made properly. I explicitly stated it was a comment about Tuesday opposed to previous comments I'd made.

As an a side, I don't think it's something that should be, 'let go' just because you disagree either. 

Just remember how you felt 4 years ago....

On 26/10/2016 at 22:37, Ludo*1 said:

I'd be all for giving Hartley some time if we actually showed something. Anything. A bit of fight, a bit of heart, more than 1 shot on target every 2 games but there is nothing.

Edited by johnnydun

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Just remember how you felt 4 years ago....

Yep, and as I said in my post to you last night, he 100% deserved the bullet at the time (and he deserved it about a month earlier than he received it). That doesn't mean he'd never be suitable ever again.

30 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Lol, just saw this. What motivation does he have to leave a team that will likely will be competing with us for the Championship playoffs next season?

image.png.65f2390656be68d96b4df6cb86aa8b9f.png

Fucking hell. We’re not going to finish in the bottom 2 ffs. Things are bad but that’s a huge overreaction.

30 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I’m sure I read on here after we played Cove last year that people standing behind our dugout said McPake was being an arsehole to Hartley throughout the game and that he’d made an arse of himself. I believe in karma!

I find that very hard to believe. McPake doesn't have the beans for it. 

37 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Sorry, but I'm not believing that for a second. Hartley started McPake's coaching career, they get on great. Probably why we had them twice for friendlies this season. I'm sure Hartley would love to see McPake succeed, but ultimately I don't see him being motivated to leave where he is, as he's got it pretty good right now.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

6 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

He looks like he’s doing it most games. Tbh you’d get tore into McPake about his defence and goalkeeper if you were on the other bench. 

Hopefully it was Pep shouting "Wit you fucking daein to this club James you big gormless bastirt?!"