All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Seeing as people are ‘going on record’ today, can I go on record in saying from this time last season we’ve replaced Hemmings, Nelson and Johnson with 2 crocks and 1 shite player. 

Oh ma sides!

Added to that we’ve still got 2 shite keeper’s. Our keeper’s genuinely hardly save a shot during games 😂😂😂 Why the goalkeeping situation wasn’t sorted 1st before last season and this season I’ll never know. Mr Keyes needs to give his football investment half a chance by getting in a new manager and a new keeper. Surely to f**k a new manager would try and source a new keeper straight away. 

I always wonder why we still have the same goalkeeping coach. Goalkeepers always leave us way worse than when they joined. Bain was excellent in his first season with us then after that the c**t wouldn’t leave his goal line and couldn’t dive to his left. The less said about the keepers since Bain the better. Get a new goalie coach and 2 new goalies.

Thank You.

Edited by RossDee01

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

I always wonder why we still have the same goalkeeping coach. Goalkeepers always leave us way worse than when they joined. Bain was excellent in his first season with us then after that the c**t wouldn’t leave his goal line and couldn’t dive to his left. The less said about the keepers since Bain the better. Get a new goalie coach and 2 new goalies.

Thank You.

100% agree. There’s a recurring problem regards our keepers dominating their box. Bain started off great at that. I recall him doing that against us in games against Alloa then after a season at us it just stopped. Geddes never dominated his area when he played for us either. 

3 minutes ago, Ylf said:

bring in dick campbell imo

I am not 100% against this. He is a bit of a walloper, comes across like a Bomber type, however him and Rab might just be what we need right now. 

I dunno, it's becoming quite desperate and there's really not a lot of choice out there. The choices are..

1) A proven manager with a decent track record. Finding one of these out of work is difficult, I think the only 2 possibilities are Wright and Levein.

2) A Jobber. The likes of Hughes, Stubbs, Pressley etc. No thanks.

3) An unproven, with football knowledge. Tried it with 3 completely different mentalities in McCann, Brown and McPake. No thanks.

4) Taking from the lower leagues/part time teams. Dick Campbell, MacInally etc. This just doesn't inspire me at all.

5) Something completely different. Shelly Kerr or Scott Booth anyone? 

My own personal list of acceptable candidates and not necessarily in any order:

Tommy Wright

Paul Hartley

Morten Wieghorst

Noel Blake

Jim Duffy/Barry Smith dream team.

Stewart Petrie

Jocky Scott (Temp only)

Gordon Strachan

44 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

My own personal list of acceptable candidates and not necessarily in any order:

Tommy Wright

Paul Hartley

Morten Wieghorst

Noel Blake

Jim Duffy/Barry Smith dream team.

Stewart Petrie

Jocky Scott (Temp only)

Gordon Strachan

If we’re going pie in the sky stuff with Strachan I’ll go. 

Gordon Strachan

Craig Levein 

Tommy Wright

Gary Johnson 

Morten Weighorst 

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

Why Noel Blake ? Has been coaching recently? 

I googled him after I'd made the post. He's been out of football longer than I thought. I thought he was still involved in the England set-up.

He combined everything you'd want in a manager with that in mind. Hard man, takes no shite type but also deep rooted within the English system and would have a whole host of contacts.

Less enthused knowing that he's not been involved in football since a heart scare ended his time at England in 2014 and he's only had a first team coaching role since.

Still, can't be any worse...

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

If we’re going pie in the sky stuff with Strachan I’ll go. 

Gordon Strachan

Craig Levein 

Tommy Wright

Gary Johnson 

Morten Weighorst 

Gary Johnson as in the current Torquay manager and father of Lee Johnson? What made you think about him (or the other one if there is another)? 

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Gary Johnson as in the current Torquay manager and father of Lee Johnson? What made you think about him (or the other one if there is another)? 

Yeah that’s the guy. Just I guy who’s name I recall and keep an eye on after regularly popping up with him doing a great job at clubs on a low budget. 1st remember him from the Latvia national team when Scotland regularly drew them in competitions. He done an incredible job to get Yeovil promoted to the English championship winning manager of the year I thinkand done excellent work at Cheltenham and Bristol City as well amongst others. He’s continued this by doing another great job at turning Torquay around getting them promoted and currently top of the conference league. It’s a guy who I was surprised to see at lower clubs with budgets similar to ours like Torquay, Cheltenham and Yeovil etc  (not Bristol City btw) and is someone I’d imagine would have great contacts in the game and a knowledge of players available to us on our presumed budget. 

Another in the same mould was Gareth Ainsworth until he got Wycombe promoted to the Championship last season making him now well and truly out of our reach. 

Paul Hartley's Cove 1 up against Forfar already. He won manager of the month, they're top of the league with a perfect start to the season (ahead of Falkirk and Partick Thistle - the latter are having an absolute mare)

This isn't a post from me saying get him in. It's more of a post commenting that it'd be rather poetic for it to be him that sticks the knife in on Tuesday night to his former protege.

Edited by Ludo*1