All things Dundee FC

Away to move into my first flat any advice on sky bundles or bt bundles would be appreciated?

Despite other comments - I’m with talk talk and have never had any problems. Think I pay £22 a month for phone and broadband. I buy a few months of now tv during the winter for some English footie. I find I rarely watch a whole game. I used to have the whole lot - BT Broadband with BT Sport and Sky sports - for me it was a total waste of money. It topped out over £100 a month. I wonder what I was thinking about.

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Despite other comments - I’m with talk talk and have never had any problems. Think I pay £22 a month for phone and broadband. I buy a few months of now tv during the winter for some English footie. I find I rarely watch a whole game. I used to have the whole lot - BT Broadband with BT Sport and Sky sports - for me it was a total waste of money. It topped out over £100 a month. I wonder what I was thinking about.

I worked for BT about 6 or 7 year ago as a salesman. Easiest customers to convert were generally TalkTalk as they had so many issues. Sky was fairly easy as the price difference was massive (Although some people weren't happy about just getting 1 Sky Sports channel and all other sports for like £70 less at times which was madness.)

Virgin were just the daddies. Could offer best of both worlds and better speeds to boot. Dundee was a Virgin stronghold (Obvious joke is obvious), dunno if that's changed with the roll out of fibre to the home.

With Sky you will get all their Entertainment channels, box sets, Sky Sports, Bt Sports and fibre for £70 per month. Offer on their website now available for new and existing customers. Any add ons are extra at full price.

9 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

With Sky you will get all their Entertainment channels, box sets, Sky Sports, Bt Sports and fibre for £70 per month. Offer on their website now available for new and existing customers. Any add ons are extra at full price.

I work for Sky so know we do this offer for any customer but what I would say is no matter which company you go to is to wait another couple of weeks as the Black Friday deals will then come out.

3 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

I work for Sky so know we do this offer for any customer but what I would say is no matter which company you go to is to wait another couple of weeks as the Black Friday deals will then come out.

Got an ancient skybox and hanging on to get a free upgrade to Q, any chance of that happening? Had a contract for years, the c***s owe me. Or is it better to shut down and start under a new name?

11 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

My Mrs raids virgin ever black Friday with some story about a better offer by _____ and mysteriously our bundle gets bigger and cheaper. 

15 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Are you the go to guy for deals then....

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Got an ancient skybox and hanging on to get a free upgrade to Q, any chance of that happening? Had a contract for years, the c***s owe me. Or is it better to shut down and start under a new name?

No, contact them now, pick a deal for new customers on the website and they will honour it and you should get a free upgrade to Sky Q.

Call in or go on messaging via the website (much slower but the best offers) .

13 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Are you the go to guy for deals then....

I work with the retention department so know what can be offered and what we will honour. The advisors come to me when they cant get an offer to work or are unsure what they can add to the deal so I can let you know.

As I said I would wait 2 weeks, pick a deal from the website and say I want this. New customers may have set up fees, existing customers generally not. Offers now tend to favour existing customers rather than new.

14 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

No, contact them now, pick a deal for new customers on the website and they will honour it and you should get a free upgrade to Sky Q.

Call in or go on messaging via the website (much slower but the best offers) .

When you say free, does that include the replacement box?

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

When you say free, does that include the replacement box?

Yes. You will be offered a new TV package deal and part of it is a free Sky Q upgrade as part of the VIP reward scheme.

All Sky Q boxes are now loaned so no repair fees, call out charges for engineers etc and no charge for the box or the install if you are taking Sky Q for the first time.

Sounds like an advert but it's how it works for existing customers. New customers will have install fees.

13 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

I work with the retention department so know what can be offered and what we will honour. The advisors come to me when they cant get an offer to work or are unsure what they can add to the deal so I can let you know.

As I said I would wait 2 weeks, pick a deal from the website and say I want this. New customers may have set up fees, existing customers generally not. Offers now tend to favour existing customers rather than new.

Cheers 👍

By the responses in the last 2 hours it looks like you’ve brought your work home with you on to here! If you think McPake gets a hard time on here wait until my deal runs out and the price package goes way up 😂

Edited by Yenitit

I've not counted McPake's awarded 3-0 win vs Forfar in the stats, but it doesn't make a difference to anything.

James McPake - GP: 39 W: 15 D : 11 L: 13 WR: 38.46%

Jim McIntyre - GP: 31 W: 4 D : 7 L: 20 WR: 12.90%

Neil McCann - GP: 65 W: 22 D : 8 L: 34 WR: 33.85%

Paul Hartley - GP: 138 W: 46 D : 37 L: 55. WR: 33.13%.

John Brown - GP: 39. W: 18. D : 8. L: 13. WR: 46.15%

Barry Smith - GP: 102. W: 39 D :27 L: 36. WR: 38.24%

Gordon Chisholm - GP: 21. W: 8 D : 5. L: 8 WR: 38.09%

Jocky Scott - GP: 65. W: 31. D : 13. L: 21. WR: 47.69%

Alex Rae - GP: 97. W: 42. D : 22. L: 33. WR: 43.29%

Alan Kernaghan - GP: 37. W: 9 D : 16 L: 12 WR: 24.32%

Jim Duffy - GP: 142. W: 44. D : 38. L: 60 WR: 30.99%

Ivano Bonetti - GP: 90 W: 29 D : 21 L: 40 WR: 32.22%

Jocky Scott - GP: 95 W: 35 D : 18 L: 42 WR: 36.84%

John McCormack - GP: 47 W: 22 D : 15 L: 10 WR: 46.81%

Jim Duffy - GP: 137 W: 57 D : 42 L: 38 WR: 41.61%

Managers since I have been watching Dundee.

Jocky (1st), Ivano, Duffy (2nd), Smith and Hartley, McCann & McIntyre's records are skewed by playing in the top flight. Therefore, discounting them then it ranks:

1. Jocky Scott (2nd)
2. John McCormack
3. John Brown
4. Alex Rae
5. Jim Duffy
6. James McPake
7. Gordon Chisholm
8. Alan Kernaghan

Taking into account Hartley & Smith's first division/championship only record would see them slot in at:

Barry Smith GP: 76 W: 36 D : 22 L: 18 WR: 47.37% - 3rd place
Paul Hartley GP: 14 W: 9 D : 3 L: 3 WR: 64.29% - 1st place.

Therefore, the only managers to have a poorer record than McPake at this level in almost 30 years are Kernaghan & Chisholm. Kernaghan almost certainly had a much, much lower budget than McPake and there's essentially a 1 win difference between Chisholm & McPake.

Edited by Ludo*1

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

With the good news about the insurance policy paying out I’m expecting Tommy’s 1st signing to be a goalkeeper. The lack of a keeper has cost us 5 points already this season. 

Should play himself, the fat mess is probably better than what we've got just now.

Thank you.