All things Dundee FC

I was willing to give him a lot of slack last season because it was his first season as a manager and there would be an obvious learning curve. The fact that this is his second year and he's already making the exact same mistakes is enough for me. If John Nelms has any footballing brains (lmao good one) he'd be on the phone to Tommy Wright asking "How much?".

We all know this is going to last the whole season though, so why bother getting too worked up over it. This is just what we do with Keyes and Nelms in charge, we just underachieve and underachieve some more.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

TBF to Mullen, he was everywhere today and then got subbed for no reason.

I thought he was poor again. A good through ball to Marshall and I’m struggling to think of anything else. 

On a positive note it’s good to see our young striker out at Peterhead scored today whilst our perennial crock and Jakubiak can’t even make the bench for a 15 minute spell at the end to see a game out. 

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I was willing to give him a lot of slack last season because it was his first season as a manager and there would be an obvious learning curve. The fact that this is his second year and he's already making the exact same mistakes is enough for me. If John Nelms has any footballing brains (lmao good one) he'd be on the phone to Tommy Wright asking "How much?".

We all know this is going to last the whole season though, so why bother getting too worked up over it. This is just what we do with Keyes and Nelms in charge, we just underachieve and underachieve some more.

No offence implied Ross but your last paragraph is everything that is wrong with our club. Makes me c**t seek of it tbh. 

Just now, Yenitit said:

I thought he was poor again. A good through ball to Marshall and I’m struggling to think of anything else. 

He was a threat going forward, helping out in the midfield, dragging defenders about, breaking up play etc... He and Afolabi were a threat until he came off, this was the point the game changed imo.

Just now, johnnydun said:

He was a threat going forward, helping out in the midfield, dragging defenders about, breaking up play etc... He and Afolabi were a threat until he came off, this was the point the game changed imo.

Ach well I suppose we see games differently, no harm in that. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Because the league is absolutely shite and anyone with half a brain could cakewalk second with this squad of players. Its taken three weeks to realise McPake is neither that man nor has half a brain. 

Fair play Mr A.  You should have just watched one of his post match videos.  It would have only taken you 3 seconds to realise he is completely out his depth.  In fact it should only have taken Nelms 3 minutes of his job interview to realise McPake was out his depth.   Unfortunately for all of us, Nelms is completely out his depth as well.

I always liked the affection James McPake continuously displayed, and currently displays for OUR club during these difficult financial times.

This affection however may be partially due to being constantly substandard within your company role whilst there being no apparent reproach to your level of performance.   

Personally I always thought he was a lower to mid, bang average Premiership defender for us. Sort of a Mark Reynolds type, good for depth of pool and versatile coverage, however nowt else worthy of mention.

However, to continue as our current manager will certainly plunge our club to depths I've never witnessed and I've now reached the mid 50 mark, lol.

Approach Sir Tommy Wright of Perth, he'll predictably tell you to piss off, probably wrightly so, again lol . John Nelms next port of call would  predictably be dour Craig Levein, heaven then help us. 

Applicants hereby invited, thanks in advance. 

18 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

I always liked the affection James McPake continuously displayed, and currently displays for OUR club during these difficult financial times.

This affection however may be partially due to being constantly substandard within your company role whilst there being no apparent reproach to your level of performance.   

Personally I always thought he was a lower to mid, bang average Premiership defender for us. Sort of a Mark Reynolds type, good for depth of pool and versatile coverage, however nowt else worthy of mention.

However, to continue as our current manager will certainly plunge our club to depths I've never witnessed and I've now reached the mid 50 mark, lol.

Approach Sir Tommy Wright of Perth, he'll predictably tell you to piss off, probably wrightly so, again lol . John Nelms next port of call would  predictably be dour Craig Levein, heaven then help us. 

Applicants hereby invited, thanks in advance. 

Those 2 are absolute no brainers to be approached about the job and the sooner I.e. tomorrow the better. Can’t possibly go wrong with either. 

26 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Trying to sit on a lead with the wind at your back shooting down the slope and he goes to the 5 at the back shite that has hurt us so badly before

It just beggars belief.

The way things are going we’d be as well switching off at 75 minutes. 

Thought Mullen was good today.

I didn’t want McPake to get the job because I thought he was thick as f**k. Nothing I’ve seen since has altered that. I think it’s unlikely Ferrie is good enough but I wouldn’t damn him completely yet. I just need McPake out big time.

Really I kid you not, I promised myself recently (for good reasons) not to post again after pouring a 2nd measure of malt.

However, I've just looked at our league table, 4 points from 9 with a GD of minus 3, only three clubs currently below us at this time, all on zero points, one of which has a game in hand for goodness sake!!!

Oh dear Mr McPake and your good friend Mr MacKay, please go, our club demands and deserves a great deal better, regardless of financial restraints.

Regards  

Edited by This Charming Man

If it is because of the financial situation that Nelms is not wanting to bring a proper manager in, we already have WGS on our books, ask him to step up for the short term, give Adam an assistant position because that's the direction he is looking to take. Couldn't be any worse, could it?

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

If it is because of the financial situation that Nelms is not wanting to bring a proper manager in, we already have WGS on our books, ask him to step up for the short term, give Adam an assistant position because that's the direction he is looking to take. Couldn't be any worse, could it?

Like the sound of that.

Really I kid you not, I promised myself recently (for good reasons) not to post again after pouring a 2nd measure of malt.
However, I've just looked at our league table, 4 points from 9 with a GD of minus 3, only three clubs currently below us at this time, all on zero points, one of which has a game in hand for goodness sake!!!
Oh dear Mr McPake and your good friend Mr MacKay, please go, our club demands and deserves a great deal better, regardless of financial restraints.
Regards  

It’s fucking ridiculous. Nelms needs to go too.

Where’s the Talisker bottle hiding.

10 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

The club were recently asking for fans to hand in banners to display in the stadium. Do you think they’d display one that ‘McPake and Nelms - get tae f**k’?

I'm away to dig out a bedsheet and a permanent marker.

Thank you.