9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If I was given the choice I'd genuinely choose Simon Murray by a distance aswell, I appreciate he might not have been great at Premiership level but he was an absolute nightmare to play against at this level. 

This is why I'm not ready to dismiss Murray yet. He did real good at this level last time.

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

This is why I'm not ready to dismiss Murray yet. He did real good at this level last time.

I'm not sure that's the case. He got ten in the league pre play offs. Hemmings has had a poor season, with no support and got the same amount. 

Folk are fooled because he can run fast and harries defenders. He's the exact type of player we should be avoiding at all costs. 

23 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

It's like getting made to choose between an anal fissure or genital warts. 

You would think that, wouldn't you? Surprisingly, Dundee United hold the record for the lowest attendance of fans at a Dundee Derby. 

Everyday is a school day! 

1,940 to be precise Mr A and if they are to be believed every United poster on P&B was at the match.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

It's like getting made to choose between an anal fissure or genital warts.  

Harsh in the main, however not fair on this occasion Mr Dele.  Retain Kane Hemmings and supplement with Simon Murray, imho.

Also, sign Charlie Adam as assistant player/manager, arguably what would be the biggest Dee signing since Claudio Caniggia, then John Nelms can finally rub his hands at the season ticket sale returns.

Regards to all, merely my opinion.  

14 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm not sure that's the case. He got ten in the league pre play offs. Hemmings has had a poor season, with no support and got the same amount. 

Folk are fooled because he can run fast and harries defenders. He's the exact type of player we should be avoiding at all costs. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd still prefer Mullen pretty easily, but I don't think he'd be completely useless... if he has recovered from his injury.

12 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

That also explains Danny Mullen. 

I don't understand why Dundee fans are so hard for one while dreading the other. 

Given the financial state of the game (and indeed club), I genuinely don’t see us signing many players before the season resumes. Sadly, I reckon we’ll be lumped with Flapjack for another season. It still boils my piss that we paid for him. That being said, we do need another striker, assuming Hemmings stays on.

Not many options at the moment, but I’d say Murray is an improvement on Nelson. Both can be rash, but Murray’s the stronger and more direct of the two and can compete with the cluggers of this league. Nelson did get bullied around at times, causing him to loose his head and either get sent off or forget what he was meant to be doing (imo).

Murray, although limited, always gave 100% and I reckon he’d put more in the net than Nelson.

Will be a strange season, this. 

Thank you.

Edited by LiamDFC

Given the financial state of the game (and indeed club), I genuinely don’t see us signing many players before the season resumes. Sadly, I reckon we’ll be lumped with Flapjack for another season. It still boils my piss that we paid for him. That being said, we do need another striker, assuming Hemmings stays on.
Not many options at the moment, but I’d say Murray is an improvement on Nelson. Both can be rash, but Murray’s the stronger and more direct of the two and can compete with the cluggers of this league. Nelson did get bullied around at times, causing him to loose his head and either get sent off or forget what he was meant to be doing (imo).
Murray, although limited, always gave 100% and I reckon he’d put more in the net than Nelson.
Will be a strange season, this. 
Thank you.
Given our finances I'd say there is a strong possibility of us not signing anyone, not unless they'd play for peanuts.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

That also explains Danny Mullen. 

I don't understand why Dundee fans are so hard for one while dreading the other. 

From what I've seen of Danny Mullen, he looks capable of controlling the ball and some composure in front of goal. 

I've never seen either with Simon Murray. 

The latest rumour and innuendo is that Hemmings is staying and that it was Nelson that refused the pay reduction as I half jokingly suggested yesterday. 

That'd be some much needed good news if true.

Only cause they are free is Danny Rodgers or Rohan Ferguson viable options or better than Hamilton?

Rogers is currently on trial with us, presumably to be our second choice keeper.

35 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The latest rumour and innuendo is that Hemmings is staying and that it was Nelson that refused the pay reduction as I half jokingly suggested yesterday. 

That'd be some much needed good news if true.

Wasn't Nelson. 

No source from me on this occasion. 

13 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If we do sign anyone I think it is more likely to be a loan with the parent club footing the majority of the wages.

Announce Griffiths.

McPake name checking Josh Mulligan & Luke Strachan and saying they'll be more involved this coming season. No mention of Moore strangely.

2 minutes ago, Girth said:

We’re getting Simon Murray. Let’s face it.

Presume we get f**k all players until Hemmings is sorted out.

Until then we hope some youngsters will do a job.

Track record isn't great so hopefully we can change our fortune's and youth players do some good.

59 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

From what I've seen of Danny Mullen, he looks capable of controlling the ball and some composure in front of goal. 

I've never seen either with Simon Murray. 

I like Mullen as a player, but (with the caveat I've only ever seen him in a struggling top flight side) he seems all huff and no puff.

Plenty of effort and that but he's not a starting striker for a team who want to be competing for the title IMO.

9 minutes ago, Girth said:

We’re getting Simon Murray. Let’s face it.

This will be enough to stop folk going back, tbh.