All things Dundee FC

Add Marshall and McDaid also to the player list imho and let's agree at least on one thing, John Nelm's does not make the next forthcoming managerial appointment.
Losing a half dozen to a Robbie Neilson team again, what an extremely harsh public humiliation, there really is no coming back this time.
PS, I seem to have attracted a soft-lad DAB troll for some reason, will have to request Stumigoo upgrade the chaps medication if at all possible.
Regards
McDaid was very good for us last season. No idea why he gets as much stick as he does, carried us in a lot of matches and was one of our most consistent performers.

1 minute ago, harry94 said:
9 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:
Add Marshall and McDaid also to the player list imho and let's agree at least on one thing, John Nelm's does not make the next forthcoming managerial appointment.
Losing a half dozen to a Robbie Neilson team again, what an extremely harsh public humiliation, there really is no coming back this time.
PS, I seem to have attracted a soft-lad DAB troll for some reason, will have to request Stumigoo upgrade the chaps medication if at all possible.
Regards

McDaid was very good for us last season. No idea why he gets as much stick as he does, carried us in a lot of matches and was one of our most consistent performers.

He's a shitebag at times which riles football fans. I like McDaid but can easily see why he's a marmite player.

Is Jack Hamilton the worst keeper we've ever had? Forget that being a reactionary post, genuinely? Has a goalkeeper been as consistently bad as he has?

Same with Forster, have we had a CH that's as rancid as he's been? Granted, he had a decent 2 month spell beside Berra and shown that he can be the 'brute' at the back provided he has a partner that can guide him through a game step by step (Which lets be honest, shouldn't be required at the lowest levels of professional football).

Just now, The Derry said:

Forster is the worst outfield player we've had that plays consistently.  

We had some stinkers like Kelvin Jack in goal.

I hated Kelvin for the occasional howler, but my overriding hatred was because he wanted subbed off because he couldn't be arsed playing multiple times. I think his ability was of a higher standard.

Adam and Dorrans so far off the pace. Didn't pick the runners up. 

I agree with you. Plus McGowan and Sow - not enough legs in the team. You just can’t accommodate those 4 against a good team. Presuming the first 2 are unlikely to be dropped its McGowan and Sow need gone.

Didn’t thing Kerr or Ashcroft were that bed. Forster is extremely limited. I actually think Marshall is vastly overrated.

Hamilton we know is a liability. As is the manager, big time.

Think we’ve got the bones of a decent team. Miles better with a 442 set up, but we defo need 2 guys who can run all day next to Adam and Dorrans.

Afolabi would appear to be half decent, and Mullen.

Didn’t actually expect to win tonight but that formation in the first half? Total madness.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I had a feeling only playing one competitive game against a Highland League side might not be adequate preparation.

Aye and only starting 8 of the players you intended to start with in the 1st league game of the season doesn’t help either. Today might be a blessing in disguise. 

Couldn’t make it up what we’ve been through the last 2 years. 

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Is Jack Hamilton the worst keeper we've ever had? Forget that being a reactionary post, genuinely? Has a goalkeeper been as consistently bad as he has?

We have probably had equally bad keepers. I think its worse because we apparently have no alternative. That and we've had years to address it.

People are forgetting Jakubiak who's proven elsewhere that he's a very, very good option up top. (I hesitate to say striker as his goalscoring ratio is a bit pish).

Hopefully we have enough players back to never see Sow grace a Dundee top again.

That said, it shows how bad Nicholas Hamilton must be, he's been training all week and missed out on a squad place after Mullen started training this week after an injury and Afolabi didn't train this week at all as he was with with N.I U21s. Hope he's not another joke figure ala Don Cowan or Sean Bonnet Johnson, but everything points to him being a Tim Keyes business contacts interference signing.

Just now, Crawford said:

We have probably had equally bad keepers. I think its worse because we apparently have no alternative. That and we've had years to address it.

Is Hamilton as bad as say Schenk for a one off game? I'd probably take a punt on Schenk at this stage and just rubbish his first appearance as 'nerves' at this point.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I hated Kelvin for the occasional howler, but my overriding hatred was because he wanted subbed off because he couldn't be arsed playing multiple times. I think his ability was of a higher standard.

Previously I'd have said Kelvin was worse, now I'd say they're fairly similar. The only keeper I've been more terrified of seeing the ball go towards in a  Dundee game was Duncan Campbell, and that was only because he was a half-blind 5'7" winger. 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Is Hamilton as bad as say Schenk for a one off game? I'd probably take a punt on Schenk at this stage and just rubbish his first appearance as 'nerves' at this point.

To be fair to Schenk he didn't really do anything wrong in that game, other than agree to play for us. Lev Yashin in his heyday couldn't have bailed out that defence.

2 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

To be fair to Schenk he didn't really do anything wrong in that game, other than agree to play for us. Lev Yashin in his heyday couldn't have bailed out that defence.

indeed folk seem to forget that the 10 infront of him were a disgrace that day.

Just now, Meeniedee said:

indeed folk seem to forget that the 10 infront of him were a disgrace that day.

Willie Dyer gets an easier ride than he should by Dundee fans. Particularly that day. We punted Matt Lockwood (Who cares if he was 97) for that shite.

Previously I'd have said Kelvin was worse, now I'd say they're fairly similar. The only keeper I've been more terrified of seeing the ball go towards in a  Dundee game was Duncan Campbell, and that was only because he was a half-blind 5'7" winger. 

We’re of a similar vintage, that was terrifying.

Just now, Fifespud said:

We’re of a similar vintage, that was terrifying.

I'd just love to know how that decision came about. We had from what I recall a few tall players in that side, but aye f**k it, let's put wee Duncan in. Still one of my favourite games of all time, both for the 8 goals, the wild swings in fortune, someone throwing a pie at a mystified Alan Dinnie and above all, Morten's glorious debut goal. 

9 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I'd just love to know how that decision came about. We had from what I recall a few tall players in that side, but aye f**k it, let's put wee Duncan in. Still one of my favourite games of all time, both for the 8 goals, the wild swings in fortune, someone throwing a pie at a mystified Alan Dinnie and above all, Morten's glorious debut goal. 

Duncan used to be one of these guys that fancied themselves in the goal and  would throw  on the gloves in training if the keeper’s were away doing their own drills or there was a keeper missing a training session for whatever reason. 

Edited by Yenitit