All things Dundee FC

59 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Do we make any money off of these? Obviously the club won’t be making anything on PPV if the games are on normal tele. 

Think I saw someone post a wee  while ago saying the deal is something daft like the amount of money is pre-arranged prior to any live games being announced, so you don't get anything extra. Think it might have been @craigkillie, but could be totally making that up. (Apologies if it wasn't you...)

23 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Think I saw someone post a wee  while ago saying the deal is something daft like the amount of money is pre-arranged prior to any live games being announced, so you don't get anything extra. Think it might have been @craigkillie, but could be totally making that up. (Apologies if it wasn't you...)

The TV money from the BBC goes directly into the SPFL prize pot.

8 hours ago, mychurch said:

I liked Declan when he was with us. Yes, he did some bad things and paid the consequences later, but he played well for us. Amazing that  he is now ‘International’ standard, but I think that says more about the dearth of quality centre backs. Anyway, I glad he put in a performance tonight and it’s good to see another ex-Dee getting capped. 

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him back at Dens some day. Speaks well about the club and apparently still lives up this way 

25 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The TV money from the BBC goes directly into the SPFL prize pot.

So you could be on every week and not get any extra compared to someone who was on once, it would just be on league placings, is that correct??

Edited by Spikethedee

1 minute ago, Spikethedee said:

So you could be on every week and not get any extra compared to someone who was on once, it would just be on league placings, is that correct??

Based on what I've read elsewhere there's a maximum of two home games per club, and I think the deal is for 20 games, so everyone should have an equal number of home games.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Based on what I've read elsewhere there's a maximum of two home games per club, and I think the deal is for 20 games, so everyone should have an equal number of home games.

Yes, but the prize money isn't dependent on your appearances on TV, only on league placings? So Dundee could be the away team 6 times and the home team twice, and still only get the money for their league place, the same as, say Alloa, who were only the home team twice and never away. The total TV just gets tipped into the pot and isn't distributed based on number of TV appearances?

29 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Yes, but the prize money isn't dependent on your appearances on TV, only on league placings? So Dundee could be the away team 6 times and the home team twice, and still only get the money for their league place, the same as, say Alloa, who were only the home team twice and never away. The total TV just gets tipped into the pot and isn't distributed based on number of TV appearances?

That's right, but I don't know why being the away team would matter here. Away teams make no money from league games anyway, so the loss of gate/PPV income isn't going to affect them the way it does the home team.

20 hours ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

DUNDEE FC have announced a stunning 6.4% price drop for the most loyal fans today. 

The audaious manoeuvre, a product of the famous " DEEFI*NT" algorithym which saved the club from immediate and complete erasement from the space time continuam until they could meet with historic SPL requirements. Crucially, the urinary essence  which has plagued dens for generations has been partially removed and upcycled to local nightclub Club Tropicana. Rules aldo state all grounds must incorporate at least 3,446 seats before the review date. However the club's project to let fans bring there own bus shelter did not work as hoped. The reconditioned  monolith was much sought after following a comprehensive nationwide scouting mission and the culmination of a 5 year study into how to pay in instalments.

Moving onto this season, it's safe to say that Dundee have it all to play for. The aim is to solidify theyre position at the foot of the Grubusters championship and to go deep in what will no doubt prove to be an enthralling cup competition, for the first time completely digital. Developers Konami have worked in conjunction with the Neil Doncaster and co to produce a seamless transition which offers never seen before features such as special derry fire drill finisher move and "the making of a legend mode" which takes the player round kirkton to try and get a line of credit to finance the newly crowned saviour til a week or two later.

A monorail is the reward on completion of a successful season in the lower leagues which will have special emotional ties with supporters. The whole thing was just a dream...

Word spagetti at its base line WTF has this puddle drinker been on 

Word spagetti at its base line WTF has this puddle drinker been on 

The good news is I doubt he’ll ever show himself around here again. Probably the worst, most stupid post I’ve ever read, and that’s saying something.

It’s an interesting one, I’m not sure how much revenue the club expects to make from PPV games but I’d assume it’s a fair amount given the current circumstances and with fans being starved of football. Hearts at home would be a big game attracting a large amount of PPV customers that will be able to watch it for nothing IMO.

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/harry-joins-edinburgh-city-on-loan/

Harrison Sharp joins Edinburgh City on loan. Harry's got plenty of potential imo, hopefully does well down there.

Surely that means we're bringing in a new keeper.

image.png.645edfe4c895a2dbe49fef1721b2a13e.png

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Someone on the other forum saying that Jeremy Malherbe will be signing on again. I liked his confidence when publicly admitted that he didn't like his time at Dundee because he was behind Elliot Parish whom he thought was pish.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Someone on the other forum saying that Jeremy Malherbe will be signing on again. I liked his confidence when publicly admitted that he didn't like his time at Dundee because he was behind Elliot Parish whom he thought was pish.

Didn't @Mr. Alli hint to something like that a few weeks ago? (Whether that was itk, hope or a joke is another issue) Regardless, time to decipher this code that's for sure not just a butt tweet.

image.png.74a169d05440299a05c2b5cf4eed8f73.png

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Here's what Serbia's no. 1 favourite French goalkeeper got up to in Greece last season (aside from getting relegated from the Greek Super League down to the amateurs after being deducted points that I believe would've saved them).