All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Supposedly equaliser was well off. Ach well, just a friendly.

Yeah it certainly looked offside. It looked like the ref was bemused that the assistant didn’t have his flag up and just went with it. Another dodgy moment by the ref moments earlier when Dorrans was clearly fouled allowing the Montrose player through 1 on 1. 

Tin hat on. Gowser will be a major problem for us if he is played up front this season.  Slow’s the game down far, far too much, gave the ball away numerous times and missed an absolute sitter at the death. 

Keeper, winger and striker required. 

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Tin hat on. Gowser will be a major problem for us if he is played up front this season.  Slow’s the game down far, far too much, gave the ball away numerous times and missed an absolute sitter at the death. 

Keeper, winger and striker required. 

While I think Gowser plays an important part in our build-up play, I still see him more as a CAM than a proper striker. Once Mullen and Jak are back, Hamilton is in and another striker (Ciftci for example) is signed, I don't think that'll be a big problem.

Ferrie not helping the argument for him to be #1 today it seems. Defo still need another keeper.

13 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

While I think Gowser plays an important part in our build-up play, I still see him more as a CAM than a proper striker. Once Mullen and Jak are back, Hamilton is in and another striker (Ciftci for example) is signed, I don't think that'll be a big problem.

Ferrie not helping the argument for him to be #1 today it seems. Defo still need another keeper.

We can’t afford to mess about playing Gowser in an advanced role. It’s in the midfield 3 or nowhere for me. Every team needs pace and power up front and that’s not Gowser’s attributes. 

To be fair about today’s game that’s going to be nowhere near out starting 11 when the season starts, once injuries clear up and the experienced strikers are on the park. 

We can’t afford to mess about playing Gowser in an advanced role. It’s in the midfield 3 or nowhere for me. Every team needs pace and power up front and that’s not Gowser’s attributes. 

To be fair about today’s game that’s going to be nowhere near out starting 11 when the season starts, once injuries clear up and the experienced strikers are on the park. 

Agree re Gowser.

What’s wrong with the strikers?

2 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Yup to this,

We've played a couple of pre season games, we haven't lost, we've scored 3 goals in 2 games and conceded 2, without arguably our first choice striker.

I don't think we're looking too bad.

McPake confirms in his post match interview that we've arranged a double header friendly against Hartley's Cove. We'll know them inside out ahead of our League Cup group game against them then.

Alex Jakubiak picked up an injury against Peterhead and he's being 'looked at'.